2013 French Open SF: Nadal vs. Djokovic

Who wins?

• Total voters

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Rafa leads the series 19-15

The last clay court match was the Monte Carlo final which Novak won in straight sets.

Who wins?

th

vs.
th

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Nadal in five tight sets. I think he will be ready to play war with Nole. It will be a nerve wrecking match that's for sure!

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The longawaited epic final. I mean semi-final.

I will vote based on the weather conditions Friday just before the match. Hoping for damp cool conditions and that Djokovic can up his level a bit.

So far it looks like it will rain tomorrow, cool down, but sunny on Friday (still cool though).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa in 4 sets.. I expect Rafa to come out to be the aggressor , its his only chance

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
What a tough match to call...I myself still find it tough to bet against Rafa on RG clay. I will go with rafa in 5. Nole has purpose and game, and I would not be surprised one bit if he wins, but until it happens, I give the edge to Rafa.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak in 4. Nadal takes the third... I am feeling confident for him after the haas thrashing. He will be hungry and ready for the occasion.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Novak in 4. Nadal takes the third... I am feeling confident for him after the haas thrashing. He will be hungry and ready for the occasion.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider the Haas match a thrashing. While he played better than the R16, he lost serve several times, one set went to a breaker and the other was 7-5.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Riotbeard said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider the Haas match a thrashing. While he played better than the R16, he lost serve several times, one set went to a breaker and the other was 7-5.

Thrashing might be a strong term, but getting out in three against a good opponent who matches up well will only increase the confidence. You get the point. If not thrashing then strong victory.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yes, strong victory over a tough opponent who was victorious the last meeting.

SF Nadalite

Club Member
Reactions
Sunny and 80 in Paris on Friday - so back to Rafa in 4 sets!

Rainy on sunday...cool - that would be trouble esp. against Tsonga.

Does anyone know which match is up first on Friday?

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
SF Nadalite said:

Well, they start at 13 h on Chatrier. I actually think they will put Nadal and Djokovic first, because Jo Willie could be the first French finalist and I bet they want the Frenchies to see that unfold live after work.

I don't know in who's favour that is, I guess Nadal because if he hangs in there enough he will get the hottest time of the day on court. And it's not like he will rush himself between the points :S.

justapasserby

Reactions
SF Nadalite said:
Sunny and 80 in Paris on Friday - so back to Rafa in 4 sets!

Rainy on sunday...cool - that would be trouble esp. against Tsonga.

considering this, i'll be revising it to nadal in 4 i guess

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Riotbeard said:

Me either. 7-6 (5) is a TB that could've gone either way as is a 7-5 third set. A better way to label it was a very close straight sets victory but you can hardly call it a thrashing when your opponent matched you for games pretty much save for the opening set. I'd say Haas more than did himself proud out there with that performance, although when you think how close the 2nd and 3rd sets were maybe he could've hoped for more. Still, we get the best semi final this way for sure. I hope Haas carries his great play to Wimbledon and Halle (where I expect him to defend his title). He's gotta be on the verge of top 10 soon although he's defending 250 points with his Halle title from last year. Whether he defends or not he'll for sure crack the top ten soon which at 35 is incredible.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I am going with Nole in 4! I think he really wants it!

LOL do you think so?

justapasserby

Reactions
herios said:
Sundaymorningguy said:
I am going with Nole in 4! I think he really wants it!

LOL do you think so?

don't you think nadal wants it as bad? i mean winning against nole here?

nole may consider FO the ultimate prize, but i think nadal's hunger in this match is more on beating Nole to a pulp

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Neither guy is beating the other to a pulp here in this match.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There's also a lot of stake for Nadal in here. If he wins this tournament, he will be the first player in the Open Era to win 8 titles in one particular slam. Also, if he wins this tournament, he will be first player ever to win at one least slam in NINE consecutive years. I know he doesn't think about these achievements but that still would be a huge accomplishment to do.