2013 French Open QF: Djokovic vs. Haas

Who wins?

• Total voters

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Nole leads the H2H 4-3

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=D643&oId=H355

Novak won the only meeting on clay, a 3rd rounder at 2006 RG. But Tommy has won the most recent meeting at Miami this year in straights.

Who ya got?

th

vs.
th

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic in 4. Too lazy to think why, just think he will win in a similar manner as he did against Kohli.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Good chance I think that Haas wins the first set and Djokovic the next 3.

coban

Futures Player
Reactions
Head-2-head: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=H355&oId=D643,

Haas actually wont their last meeting in straights sets. But this is RG, and im thinking Djokovic in four. But i really like Haas these days.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
whoever started that Haas-Botox thing, and why? is it just meant to compliment him on the fresh look today?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm not sure who started it, but it has no place in this thread.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Why the hell should he look old at 35 anyway lol.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Not a easy match for Djoker.. Haas's game matches up very well and has a lot of dangerous weapons to keep the world's number 1 on his toes.

coban

Futures Player
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
I voted for Haas in 3. Why? Who knows. Perhaps I'm feeling the love for Botox-Boy.

As a guy (with famously good looks), I have to concede that Tommy is beastly good-looking.

But still i dont feed the urge to label him with that kind of slander.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
johnsteinbeck said:
whoever started that Haas-Botox thing, and why? is it just meant to compliment him on the fresh look today?

I've heard rumours he died his hair too :dodgy: .

justapasserby

Reactions
i would root for haas any day just not this time. hoping djoker in 3 or 4 short sets. but why do i have a gut feeling that it would be haas in 4? oh well.

this match is the only match that would prevent this tournament from becoming a bygone conclusion. so wishing my gut is effing wrong

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
I voted for Haas in 3. Why? Who knows. Perhaps I'm feeling the love for Botox-Boy.

Half of No1e haters would like No1e to play the final rather than Nadal. Why was I convinced you are in that half?

I hope totally focused No1e plays the qf match against Haas in which case Haas is no match for #1.

If No1e plays the way he did against Kohli that may be the end of the road for him. Haas is just too good to let No1e get away with poor game unpunished. The news of his coach's death certainly shook No1e, but I hope he will mange to stay focused in the quarters for the duration of the match.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'm thinking Haas could win a set but I'd be surprised if Novak doesn't win in 3 or 4 sets.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Asmodeus said:

Half of No1e haters would like No1e to play the final rather than Nadal. Why was I convinced you are in that half?

I hope totally focused No1e plays the qf match against Haas in which case Haas is no match for #1.

If No1e plays the way he did against Kohli that may be the end of the road for him. Haas is just too good to let No1e get away with poor game unpunished. The news of his coach's death certainly shook No1e, but I hope he will mange to stay focused in the quarters for the duration of the match.

Please don't use "haters." It's unattractive, and mostly, I'd say, unfair. Folks come here for reasonable conversation and generally understand this is sport we're talking about, and "hate" is too strong a word.

Some people explained their baroque calculations for who they root for based on their own favorite's chances. It's no secret I'm not a fan of Nole, but I think it's also ok to root for Haas, who is a Cinderella story. However, I expect he's played too much tennis to go 5 with Djokovic. I think a distracted Novak might drop the first set, but I expect him to go through.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just heard this: Tommy Haas is the oldest guy to make the QFs (here, or any Major?) since 1971!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
I just heard this: Tommy Haas is the oldest guy to make the QFs (here, or any Major?) since 1971!

It's the oldest to make the QF's here. Agassi was 35 during his run to USO finals and Connors was what..37 or 38 when he made his last semi at USO?

As for the match I'd be very happy for Haas if he won it but we all know what happens if he does. It'd be another cakewalk for Rafa ala 2011 when Fed took out Djokovic. Nole knows what Haas can do and he knows he will have to play better than today. Novak came out focused and creamed Dimitrov who, like Haas, had also recently beat him. I can see something similar happen tomorrow if Novak gets off to a good start. If Nole doesn't and Haas takes the 1st set it could get real interesting.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Moxie629 said:

It's the oldest to make the QF's here. Agassi was 35 during his run to USO finals and Connors was what..37 or 38 when he made his last semi at USO?

Ah, of course. Thanks, Darth.