isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
congrats Jo and wife, happy for them, welcome to their baby boy

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
mrzz said:
During the broadcast of IW´s final, commentators were talking about Soderling and one of them said he was seen on some University in Florida practicing for an ATP comeback.

Not at home so it's hard to search on my phone but Soderling played a champion's tour doubles match on March 7th and has been visiting a few college tennis teams. Not sure if it will develop into an ATP comeback and probably not unfortunately. Would love to see that menacing forehand blow people away again. He left a real void on tour and is greatly missed by many.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/news/Tennis_Stories/38593/robin-soderling-comebacks-on-the-champions-tour/

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/soderling-qa-march-2017

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Almagro is a proud dad too, Nico jr born March 7th...congrats to all the Almagro's family

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal and Bautista won't play the D.C. in Serbia. Bautista aparentely has still some stomach problems since IW and after Miami he needs to take some rest

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
Almagro is a proud dad too, Nico jr born March 7th...congrats to all the Almagro's family

https://mobile.twitter.com/NicoAlmagro/status/846434993094184960/photo/1

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:

Everyone but Rafa is a papa:angel:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:

He will but according of what he says he wouldn't like to be most of the year far of his family (wife and kids) so I suppose that he will do when he will retire

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

He will but according of what he says he wouldn't like to be most of the year far of his family (wife and kids) so I suppose that he will do when he will retire

Nalby, Roddick, Soderling waited till retirement to have kids, they didn't want to make them travel all over the world, I can understand that, it's not a good life for kids

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Nalby, Roddick, Soderling waited till retirement to have kids, they didn't want to make them travel all over the world, I can understand that, it's not a good life for kids

It's better to have your kids when you are young.I think it's great that Federer kids get to see him play while he can still compete at a high level

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
isabelle said:
Carol35 said:

It's better to have your kids when you are young.I think it's great that Federer kids get to see him play while he can still compete at a high level

Rafa's kids will see his matches through YouTube and Roger's kids too because they still are too young to understand the game :cool:

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

Rafa can always adopt one. :lolz:

Carol does tend to be overly defensive but stop being so cancerous, GSM. You are literally taking shots at the dude's fertility now? :lolz:
I enjoy your posts, but come on now. Give the Spanish bull some love.
He clearly wants to be done with tennis when his kid/kids arrive. Christ, what am I talking about...
What was the thread name again, 2017 ATP General News, yes, let's talk that. ;)

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Highly inappropriate, ridiculous and STUPID from all around.

What makes anyone think it is acceptable to make speculations and judgements about players' personal situations?

As for what started all this - Nadal is 31 years FFS he's got plenty of time to have children if and when he chooses.

I had the impression this was a friendly board but the Fed-Nadal resurgence seems to bring out the worst in some so-called called "fans".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Much more important than most of the above is the fact that there is a tennis player called Tennys. Tennys Sandgreen. I am not kidding.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If you're looking for your posts, you know where they are. Keep this thread on topic and let's not get obscene w/ our opinions.

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
mrzz said:
Much more important than most of the above is the fact that there is a tennis player called Tennys. Tennys Sandgreen. I am not kidding.
Fantastic! I looked him up, unfortunately he's already 25 - I had hoped he was a youngster and would become the GOAT!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently, ITF plans to reduce the current number of professional players (both genders included) from 14000 to 1500. They just want to keep it limited to top 750 men and top 750 women. The reason is that for players below that it is impossible to make a living out of tennis and so they want to cut it out right there instead of simply building desire in players below that of some day making it.