WTA Miami

Who will win WTA Miami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Except for JJ and the non-playing Halep, all other seeds who were supposed to make
QFs made it.

Even the two vacant slots are filled by PR and CW and not by no-name players.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Not much between them considering the blowout first set.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
Stats for the match

Vee winners 35 ufe 47

Domi winners 34 ufe 36

Lot better than most WTA matches. Even though there were many UFEs, there were
also many brilliant winners to compensate. I did not mind today's ufes.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I did not get to watch my darling Ana today. Why was she so much interested
in eating double bagel? Does not she know that low carb food will keep her beautiful?
Can someone who saw the match tell me what happened briefly?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, those stats are quite well matched ratios.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
in eating double bagel? Does not she know that low carb food will keep her beautiful?

Didn't hear the the score of that. Nasty :( Some real one sided howlers this week score wise, with two dished out by Wozniacki and a similar WTA-esque blowout today with Nadal and Istomin.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Didn't hear the the score of that. Nasty :( Some real one sided howlers this week score wise, with two dished out by Wozniacki and a similar WTA-esque blowout today with Nadal and Istomin.

I am hoping that she did not voluntarily eat double bagel (after that performance
against Serena at AO) and there was some injury issue. But, I have no idea. I did not
see the match and I did not read about it either.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Oh, Front…you managed to diss the WTA and Nadal in one post, right after a really thrilling WTA match. :nono

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Oh, Front…you managed to diss the WTA and Nadal in one post, right after a really thrilling WTA match. :nono

How's that? All I said was true. The WTA sees way more of these double bagels and 6-1 6-0 matches than the ATP ever does but yet today we saw a 6-1 6-0 win for Nadal so I quite rightly compared the match to the WTA which is riddled with scorelines like this.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Just when writing off CW (Caroline Wozniacki) is the CW (conventional wisdom),
she suddenly shows fire in belly and starts dishing out bagels and breadsticks I am glad, I am not a betting person. :puzzled

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Front for your information, at least Ana had some soup before eating Bagels.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Front for your information, at least Ana had some soup before eating Bagels.

:lolz::laydownlaughing You can actually get amazing soup inside bread in Iceland. Maybe she could try that next time.

svarta-kaffi.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm making myself hungry too at 5:12am :D Even my cat is munching away here lol.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
Front242 said:
I'm making myself hungry too at 5:12am :D Even my cat is munching away here lol.

I am on Chocolate....yummmmmmmmmm

Oops I think we are still in Lent
I gave up chocolate for Lent
I blame you Front for making me hungry
Have to go....I have been Baddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice! They have these lovely sweet things called Karums in Latvia filled with flavoured curd and layered with chocolate. My wife's from Riga so I'm used to scoffing these when we go to Riga and a few Eastern European shops over here sell them too thankfully. Not so bad for you as they're tiny and the curd even has some protein. My fave ones are the chocolate ones. All little chocolate chips inside. Tiramisu one in the last pic is yummy too. And coconut. Mmmmmm. Would love one now :(

5458Karums_BiezpienaSierins_Sokolade45g.png

syrki2.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

Karums_tiramisu.jpg

HawkEye

Futures Player
Reactions
fashionista said:
golds girl said:
fashionista said:
Let's see if Petra can play like this against Sharapova...I mean Petra isn't known for her consistancy

Well done Petra.

Only saw the first set and then the final game. Does anyone know what happened here? Did Ana get injured or did Kvitova play lights out?

Good solid match from Serena. Coco has one of the stronger serves on tour and I hope she continues to improve and gain confidence.

Well Petra did play 'lights out' and just steam rolled Ana in the 2nd and 3rd sets
Ana did seem off to me....she also had 10df and to me was out of position to return serves.
Full credit to Petra....I just wish she could play more consistant...when she is 'on her game' she is a pleasure to watch.

Ana did have 10 DF, but look at her statistics of the 2 sets. She won 1/14 second serves in the second and 2/9 in the third. She just had to risk her second serves. She was not better in returning either - Petra won 12/13 and 12/15 of her serves. Ana just had no chance.