World Cup Basketball

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone following this or are we all just waiting for NBA to start back up?

USA is sending its D team this year, really good chance for someone else to win. I would normally be OK with Greece doing well but I want them gone immediately. Giannis's patriotic ass is playing and that means risk of injury or fatigue before what is important. Truth is Greece has a pretty damn good chance because Giannis is easily the best player in the tournament this year.

Hopefully it is also a wake up call for US basketball, these mega stars don't want to play these anymore. Open it up to college stars or the very average NBA players. International teams are just getting stronger and if you send a D team like this they could lose and face huge humiliation.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Also read about the exhibition with the Aussies yesterday. They had over 50,000 fans there!!! I'm trying to picture that environment, must be nuts.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And right on cue they got embarrassed by the Aussies in the 2nd exhibition game. I really think it's going to be someone else winning it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Turkey lost to the US in OT because they could not make free throws. And this is not really the best Turkish team I have ever seen or anything. US needs to step it up big time.

Heh, there is no stepping up. Talent wise this is probably worse than the 2004 American team. Also looks like Tatum sprained his ankle so they just got worse. I expect someone will knock them off. Greece may not have a lot of talented guys but they have someone that looks like Godzilla compared to the best guys on team USA