What on Earth is going on in the world today? It's gone mad

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Totally bizarre news, but retired wrestler Hulk Hogan has been awarded $115m for a sextape leak. Seriously. $115m. There's people who lay down their lives for their country and aren't even awarded a millionth of that amount, but there you have it. Words fail me...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
Totally bizarre news, but retired wrestler Hulk Hogan has been awarded $115m for a sextape leak. Seriously. $115m. There's people who lay down their lives for their country and aren't even awarded a millionth of that amount, but there you have it. Words fail me...

Gotta go! Gotta make a sex-tape and leak it. :velo:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Kieran said:

Gotta go! Gotta make a sex-tape and leak it. :velo:

:laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's interesting, the worlds first website went online only 25 years ago, today...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/12061803/The-worlds-first-website-went-online-25-years-ago-today.html

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I am not Trump supporter, but there will be more negotiations in Trump Government than in Mr. Ted, my way or high way, Cruz Government.

I agree.

Meanwhile after the Florida primaries, there has been a sighting of Marco Rubio's political future.

hqdefault.jpg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I am not Trump supporter, but there will be more negotiations in Trump Government than in Mr. Ted, my way or high way, Cruz Government.

I agree.

Meanwhile after the Florida primaries, there has been a sighting of Marco Rubio's political future.

hqdefault.jpg

What happened to these fellas? After Romney lost in 2012, I read many articles which said the Republicans need a younger candidate who appeals to Hispanics. Well, there's Rubio gone, and Cruz is next...

EDIT: By the way, Nehmeth, I'm also reading a growing number of articles which are subscribed to your post earlier regarding Trump, saying that his appeal is to voters who feel left out, ignored and angry at the establishment figures. I even read a few which said he'd be a much better choice than Hilary, which is something I'd agree with...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
By the way, Nehmeth, I'm also reading a growing number of articles which are subscribed to your post earlier regarding Trump, saying that his appeal is to voters who feel left out, ignored and angry at the establishment figures. I even read a few which said he'd be a much better choice than Hilary, which is something I'd agree with...

Hillary would be similar to Obama. Not much difference between them, really. But Trump? A total disaster for Washington, from every angle. No politician -- neither the Democrats nor the Republicans -- will want to deal with Trump's monarchal portrayal of the Presidency.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Similar to Obama wouldn't be a good recommendation in my books, buddy, and I tend to think the Clintons are shady House of Cards sorts, rather than suitable for the dignity of public office.

What about Cruz or Kasich? Is there anything to recommend them? I can feel wood being scratched at the bottom of a stinky barrel of candidates...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
Similar to Obama wouldn't be a good recommendation in my books, buddy, and I tend to think the Clintons are shady House of Cards sorts, rather than suitable for the dignity of public office.

What about Cruz or Kasich? Is there anything to recommend them? I can feel wood being scratched at the bottom of a stinky barrel of candidates...

The Clintons wouldn't be my first pick either, trust me, but if I had to pick between Hillary and Trump, It'd pick the former.

Cruz? Please. Even the Republicans hate him. One Republican Senator even joked recently that if Cruz were killed on the Senate floor, no one would convict the killer. Enough said.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Kieran said:

The Clintons wouldn't be my first pick either, trust me, but if I had to pick between Hillary and Trump, It'd pick the former.

Cruz? Please. Even the Republicans hate him. One Republican Senator even joked recently that if Cruz were killed on the Senate floor, no one would convict the killer. Enough said.

:laydownlaughing

I don't know much about Cruz but I guess he ain't getting that senators vote! :snicker

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It's a Republican nightmare at this point. The two frontrunners are universally hated by the bigwigs in the Senate, the House of Representatives, the Republican National Committee, and pretty much all of the rich financial donors (personal and corporate). And you saw Nehmeth's pic. of what happened to the campaign of the guy they wanted to nominate.

I enjoyed this excerpt from a column on the New Yorker's website:

"Trump is also the beneficiary of a long process of Republican intellectual decadence. Paul Ryan denounces Trump but not the Tea Party rhetoric that propelled his own political ascent. John McCain holds Trump in contempt, but selected as his running mate Sarah Palin, the Know-Nothing of Wasilla, one of Trump’s most vivid forerunners and supporters. Mitt Romney last week righteously slammed Trump as a “phony” and a misogynist, and yet in 2012 he embraced Trump’s endorsement and praised his “extraordinary” understanding of economics.

The G.O.P. establishment may be in a state of meltdown, but this process of exploiting the darkest American undercurrents began with Richard Nixon’s Southern Strategy and, more lately, has included the birther movement and the Obama Derangement Syndrome. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, who compete hard for the most extreme positions in conservatism, decry the viciousness and the vacuousness of Trump, but they started out by deferring to him––and now they ape his vulgarity in a last-ditch effort to keep pace. Insults. Bigotry. Nationally televised assurances of adequate genital dimensions. This is the political moment in which we live. The Republican Party, having spent years courting the basest impulses in American political culture, now sees the writing on the wall. It reads “Donald Trump,” in very big letters."

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Here it is. It's a short video, but the relevant part begins about 40 seconds into it:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9H5SOl86Ac[/video]

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Here it is. It's a short video, but the relevant part begins about 40 seconds into it:

In fairness, it was said as a joke in the annual Washington press gathering.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

He brought Ohio from -8 billion to +2 billion in 8 years under his governorship (the netural parties say the starting figure is -6 billion and not -8 billion). He has governing experience. But, needless to say, he has 0 chances of winning in first ballot. But, given that most RNC folks don't like Trump as well as Cruz, Kasich might get elected.

If he becomes the president, I believe he will do a good job.

But, he has no Charisma and so will probably lose in the general election.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
I can't wait to see what the Republicans do at the convention. Will they actually try to deny Trump the nomination, even though he's winning a majority of the delegates?

And even if they do that -- which could cause riots, and make the '68 Democratic convention look like a tea party -- who will they nominate? The Republican bigwigs also hate Cruz, but he's No. 2 right now. And they must know Cruz would never win a general election, regardless of the Democratic nominee.

First of all, blocking a candidate who does not have majority of delegates (even though they might be a winner in regards plurality) is NOT a shady game. It is completely legitimate as that is how the rules are set up.

Apparently, 10 times before a candidate did not win majority by the time they went to convention. 9 of those 10 times, the person who won the plurality of candidates did not win the nomination. So, Trump is surely out, if he cannot get majority of delegates before going to convention.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

He brought Ohio from -8 billion to +2 billion in 8 years under his governorship (the netural parties say the starting figure is -6 billion and not -8 billion). He has governing experience. But, needless to say, he has 0 chances of winning in first ballot. But, given that most RNC folks don't like Trump as well as Cruz, Kasich might get elected.

If he becomes the president, I believe he will do a good job.

But, he has no Charisma and so will probably lose in the general election.

That's the kind of bloke you'd want. Unfortunately image means more than substance in politics everywhere these days...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
tented said:

Oh, whew! I thought he was completely serious.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
GameSetAndMath said:
tented said:

Oh, whew! I thought he was completely serious.

My point is that the media keeps repeating his statement as though it was made seriously. I don't think the media made it clear to everyone that it was said in jest. I knew that you did not mistake it.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Condolences to all the families who lost loved ones at the terrorist attack on Istanbul's Ataturk Airport. More innocent lives lost...These guys do not really care whom they kill...muslims,christians, blacks, whites, gays...

It is surreal to see the airport that I have traveled through literally dozens of times in that state of chaos and panic...Very sad day.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Condolences to all the families who lost loved ones at the terrorist attack on Istanbul's Ataturk Airport. More innocent lives lost...These guys do not really care whom they kill...muslims,christians, blacks, whites, gays...

It is surreal to see the airport that I have traveled through literally dozens of times in that state of chaos and panic...Very sad day.

It's horrific, and as you know the place so well, I'm sure it's more intensely tragic. And you're right, brother, there's literally nobody is safe from these savages...