What Elo stats don't tell us: Why has Djokovic failed to win a slam without dropping a set?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic still hasn't been able to accomplish this feat, even with Alcaraz' cramping out and Nadal not in the tournament, he still managed to lose 2 sets along the way. :thinking-face::face-with-head-bandage::zippermouthface::yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face:

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Djokovic still hasn't been able to accomplish this feat, even with Alcaraz' cramping out and Nadal not in the tournament, he still managed to lose 2 sets along the way. :thinking-face::face-with-head-bandage::zippermouthface::yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face:

No1e not participating in the Miss Universe pageant, also.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No1e not participating in the Miss Universe pageant, also.

Are you sure?

1686636464337.jpeg

17.gif

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You don't think this was for Miss Universe, do you?

You still confused the laughing contest with the contest with the other one. A smart person does not confuse the two.

Novak was so enteraining at 1st, then all of a sudden people lost their minds feeling insulted! I'm still trying to fathom "WTF?" It made no sense! :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak was so enteraining at 1st, then all of a sudden people lost their minds feeling insulted! I'm still trying to fathom "WTF?" It made no sense! :facepalm:
Oh, sure it did. When Novak became #1, the tennis standards bearers did not want any more antics. Too undignified. I thought that's why you switched to him. I guess not.

I did always think this was funny, though:

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
He was more desperate to be liked, than entertaining. This was part of why crowds didn’t take to him, funny enough. Strategic error on his part. He didn’t realise that he looked needy. But often his ‘entertaining’ was inappropriate. It was at the expense of a defeated opponent who had to sit there like a mug and be insulted. Remember this?

It’s cringeworthy. Dancing with the ballkids after every match often while his opponent was still getting ready to leave the court. Then Rafa beat him in the final - tell me, did he dance after that? It’s the ball kids I feel sorry for. What a hideous way to abuse children, both by using them as a prop for his showing off, and then after a few nights learning his arrhythmical moves, they were all set for the big show after the final, and he told the little bastards to feck off, Novak isn’t a happy Novak tonight, you arrogant little thoughtless shits, stop pulling outta Novak, it isn’t fair…

Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, sure it did. When Novak became #1, the tennis standards bearers did not want any more antics. Too undignified. I thought that's why you switched to him. I guess not.

I did always think this was funny, though:

The comments on this video are great. 14 years ago, this was already a thing.

@longhornmed14 years ago
I personally liked the commericial, but I'm also surprised that he didn't call an injury timeout, LOL.

@biologyprodigy14 years ago
I thought for sure he was going to fake an injury half way through the tassel routine.

@DaveKennedy114 years ago
Weak. The Joke is a lame sportsman, gauche, and not acceptable for polite company. This "commercial" is clear demonstration of his continued tastelessness. I'm surprised he didn't call for an "injury timeout" in the middle of the video.

:lulz1:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Win or lose at this Wimbledon, again Djokovic loses a set to Hurkacz (really?:lol6:) and shows that he can't reach a super high level where he can blast through his opponents in the biggest tournaments of our sport. Definitely not the BOAT. :yawningface::bye:

Last edited: