Venus In Malaysia

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Venus To Speak At Malaysian Seminar

Published March 31, 2014 12:11

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Venus Williams' journey from the pothole-ridden public courts of Los Angeles to multiple-major champion is one of modern sports' most inspiring tales.

It is fitting then that next month in Malaysia, Williams will join several other icons to share her story and also discuss the leading role women are playing in every tenet of 21st century society.

The Women @ Work event presented by General Electric hopes to bring the public and private sectors together to open an ongoing dialogue on the importance of programs and events that will empower women. Staged during the BMW Malaysian Open, the event, which will also be attended by Margaret Court and the world's leading squash player, Nicol David, will explore the role of sports in developing stronger and more capable women and the creation of a community that supports this goal.

"This event will allow participants to get up close and personal with some of the most accomplished women in Malaysia," Malaysia's Minister of Youth and Sports, Khairy Jamaluddin, said. "The speakers are women who have demonstrated tremendous strength, purpose, determination, passion and ability in their respective fields and we're extremely pleased to see them given due recognition."

Following an injury and illness-interrupted few years, Williams has enjoyed a return to form in 2014, reaching the final in Auckland and lifting the title - the 45th of her career - in Dubai. Also in the draw for the International event will be World No.10 Dominika Cibulkova and defending champion Karolina Pliskova.

0,,12781~12719559,00.jpg

Women @ Work will take place on Thursday, April 17 in the tournament's VIP Marquee

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3741883/title/venus-to-speak-at-malaysian-seminar#sthash.hq1JdicZ.dpuf

R

Rose

I wouldn't go there for any amount of money anyone would give me! Flight MH370 has turned me totally against Malaysia!