Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyrgios in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These two seem to get up for going the distance against one another.
Yeah probably, maybe after Nick defeated Meddy I was expecting too much from Nick today,I thought after 4th set t/breaker Nick woul d go on with it, not to be, though credit to KK

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He seems ok to do both as long as he is fit and focused for both.
Hmm remember at Wimbledon Nick decided to withdraw from the doubles and he went all the way to the final, I think Nick if he gets to the business end of a GS tournament he has to think about it more, singles, to me, is more important he has already won a GS doubles at the AO this year

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I feel like partnering with Thani gives him more focus and drive to be there. Would he be more focused only doing singles? I don’t know. I don’t see doubles as a factor in this. I think these two get up for playing one another, and it went KKs way tonight. I’m sure next time Nick will come for the jugular.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel like partnering with Thani gives him more focus and drive to be there. Would he be more focused only doing singles? I don’t know. I don’t see doubles as a factor in this. I think these two get up for playing one another, and it went KKs way tonight. I’m sure next time Nick will come for the jugular.
We saw in different stages of the match when KK was making UFE Nick pounced, then he could not consolidate his serve
KK absorbed Nick serve and shots better to me all match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh well it wasnt a great day for the Aussies Nick and Ajla lost, can win them all

I really thought Nick had a good chance again to go all the way at the USO

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Karen Khachanov winning in 5 sets and a spot in the semi-final. Could it be an all-Russian mens final this year?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Probably he loves playing in front of his home crowd and I know he will play doubles with Thanasi lol!
I did not see the game at all so cannot pass judgements. Did he come to the net as many times (or close) as he done so against Medvedev ?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I did not see the game at all so cannot pass judgements. Did he come to the net as many times (or close) as he done so against Medvedev ?
Actually the closed roof really helped KK as the balls were heavier, Nick at times tried to shorten the points that he did with Meddy though KK absorbed his serve well on the return and his shots

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, Front loses me when he gets into the esoterica of the betting. But I don't think much of Khachanov's game, nor his head, nor his confidence. He hasn't done much of note for a while, and Nick is trending. Nick in 4. Give Silent K one for the serve, and Nick's ability to go off the boil.
Front was right :thumbs-up: I edited this post below just now 'cos I had typed + 4.5 game handicap but it was actually 5.5 I decided on when I placed it so 6 games were added to his tally. Of course Khachanov won anyway so the 6 game handicap wasn't even needed. I knew the bookies odds were a joke with Nick such a short favourite given the super close h2h between them and didn't trust his fitness. Plenty of betters will be broke 'cos a lot of bookies had Kyrgios at 1.2 favourite so you'd have to bet 100 to make 20. Madness.

https://www.tennisfrontier.com/threads/uso-qf-khachanov-vs-kyrgios.7516/post-484911

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Front was right :thumbs-up: I edited this post below just now 'cos I had typed + 4.5 game handicap but it was actually 5.5 I decided on when I placed it so 6 games were added to his tally. Of course Khachanov won anyway so the 6 game handicap wasn't even needed. I knew the bookies odds were a joke with Nick such a short favourite given the super close h2h between them and didn't trust his fitness. Plenty of betters will be broke 'cos a lot of bookies had Kyrgios at 1.2 favourite so you'd have to bet 100 to make 20. Madness.

https://www.tennisfrontier.com/threads/uso-qf-khachanov-vs-kyrgios.7516/post-484911
My PT put all his money on Nick to win the tournament at the start I hold him hang on, he just sent me an angry text lol! I said I did warn you:) anyway we are still alive with Caroline Garcia to win the USO ladies.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
My PT put all his money on Nick to win the tournament at the start I hold him hang on, he just sent me an angry text lol! I said I did warn you:) anyway we are still alive with Caroline Garcia to win the USO ladies.
Never back Kyrgios to win a slam. Big enough risk backing him to win a match. :D