US Open [Women], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have enjoyed Amada's tennis a lot. She is another player that when she is clicking not many can stop her. The problem is when she has too many unforced errors it all goes bonkers for her.

Caroline Garcia going into the USO has to be the hottest player on the WTA tour alongside Pera. She has to be considered someone to be a threat for this title. Her serve is out of this world.
I feel at times Amanda loses confidence in her shots, then the UFE appear out of nowhere, she has to be more confident in her game, all players make mistakes, but you have to put that out of your mind, and play your own game
Another factor I like about Caroline she is an excellent doubles player, which helps your singles game

Reactions: kskate2

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I feel at times Amanda loses confidence in her shots, then the UFE appear out of nowhere, she has to be more confident in her game, all players make mistakes, but you have to put that out of your mind, and play your own game
Another factor I like about Caroline she is an excellent doubles player, which helps your singles game
Yep, I think if Amanda gets more confidence in her game and her abilities she could soar up even higher in the rankings. I remember watching her play Coco Gauff and just out hitting her throughout the entire match. The thing is she doesn't do it consistently. Someone like Iga who can do this more consistently is why she is ranked #1.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep, I think if Amanda gets more confidence in her game and her abilities she could soar up even higher in the rankings. I remember watching her play Coco Gauff and just out hitting her throughout the entire match. The thing is she doesn't do it consistently. Someone like Iga who can do this more consistently is why she is ranked #1.
Being consistent in your game pays rewards, though all players improve and develop at their own pace.Also Iga has a full time sports physico with her full time on the tour, which helps enormously.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and Hailz

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Being consistent in your game pays rewards, though all players improve and develop at their own pace.Also Iga has a full time sports physico with her full time on the tour, which helps enormously.
I look at what Caroline Garcia is doing right now and yeah she is really on fire. With her amazing serve I really think she can keep up her consistency. I also watched Iga and her amazing streak on Clay courts and then it went onto Wimbledon when she eventually lost to Alize Cornet. Is Cornet a better overall player than Iga, I doubt she is, but she played her the right way that day to beat her. The next 9 times Alize would probably play Iga she would probably lose. Everybody has their bad days on the court.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I look at what Caroline Garcia is doing right now and yeah she is really on fire. With her amazing serve I really think she can keep up her consistency. I also watched Iga and her amazing streak on Clay courts and then it went onto Wimbledon when she eventually lost to Alize Cornet. Is Cornet a better overall player than Iga, I doubt she is, but she played her the right way that day to beat her. The next 9 times Alize would probably play Iga she would probably lose. Everybody has their bad days on the court.
I think Iga's game is suited more to the slower surfaces, eg clay, to me she needs time on the ball to play her shots.I am not saying she cannot do well on grass, she needs more time to adjust.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I think Iga's game is suited more to the slower surfaces, eg clay, to me she needs time on the ball to play her shots.I am not saying she cannot do well on grass, she needs more time to adjust.
I agree that I think her best success will come from the Clay surface and Roland Garros for that Slam. I am not saying she is not going to do well everywhere else because right now she is the best woman in the game.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree that I think her best success will come from the Clay surface and Roland Garros for that Slam. I am not saying she is not going to do well everywhere else because right now she is the best woman in the game.
Agree, lets see how she fares at the USO this year, I think we both agree it is wide open

Reactions: Hailz

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Agree, lets see how she fares at the USO this year, I think we both agree it is wide open
I do think it is wide open and I just completed the draw on here and I bet I am the only one that has picked Amanda Anisimova to win the whole thing. :yahoo: I picked her over Coco Gauff. That is saying it is going to be pretty wide open. :yes:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I do think it is wide open and I just completed the draw on here and I bet I am the only one that has picked Amanda Anisimova to win the whole thing. :yahoo: I picked her over Coco Gauff. That is saying it is going to be pretty wide open. :yes:
You are a good fan then, sticking with Amanda, her game suits the HC

tented

Administrator
Reactions
E5D4E4C1-DAEC-4AE1-92EA-0C31F582FEA6.jpeg
16C01508-9B70-4AAF-8C21-9A1BB1311C2D.jpeg

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome to the Frontier @Hailz . We are happy you've joined us especially on the eve of the final slam for 2022. Please don't hesitate to ask questions and Happy Posting... :D

Reactions: tented and Hailz

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Today I will be watching quite a bit of tennis, but Sebastian Korda is one I am going to keep a close eye on and also of course in the evening Serena Williams. Tomorrow it will be Amanda Anisimova day for me.

Thank You so much @kskate2 . I have been having a blast here so far. Everyone is so welcoming. I love tennis soooooooo much. I might only be a kid but I do follow the game a bit and I have been playing since I was 5.

• Love

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just tuning into Sakkari vs Maria
Sakkari in all Orange, even her shoes lol!
Sakkari has won 4 games in a row, coming back from a break,will serve for the 1st set 5-4 as Maria DFs
Sakkari won the 1st set 64 it wasnt easy for her at all

Last edited:

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Sakkari is someone who I have seen play outstanding tennis and than look like a totally different player the next match.

Status
Not open for further replies.