Australian Open 2022 - Women's Draw Challenge

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Time to make your picks!

If you are new, and have any questions as to how to get in, PM me.

But do play. We can poke at each others' picks as we go along. It's fun!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Working my way through the draws, I can't help but think that Aussies will be pulling even harder for their own, given all the politics. I have no idea what place Ash Barty is in right now, but I'd be happy to see her win it.

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Working my way through the draws, I can't help but think that Aussies will be pulling even harder for their own, given all the politics. I have no idea what place Ash Barty is in right now, but I'd be happy to see her win it.
I picked Osaka for the win. She’ll round into form, I suspect, and make it through.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Osaka for the win. She’ll round into form, I suspect, and make it through.
I have a feeling that if it comes to Barty Osaka match, Osaka could win that one. Barty crumbled before under pressure, was it against Muchova? Let's see if she learned something from that. Anyway, I hope Barty and Osaka meet for a blockbuster match.

I went rather quick through the women's draw, the more you think about them the less picks you get correct. I went big against Kenin and Sabalenka. Chose Barty to win, but I can easily see Muguruza or even Badosa to win it. But if Osaka beats Barty will be hard to bet against her.

Reactions: tented and Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Wow, tied in second-to-last place.

2AF674BF-CB10-46D5-A0F2-0C9FF16832C8.gif

• Haha
Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
And now officially in last place …

With Osaka out, I’ll probably remain there.

491E6EC5-F968-4727-882A-4EFF93FB7F0D.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So much for the Osaka Barty match that we thought would be unusually early in the tournament.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
So much for the Osaka Barty match that we thought would be unusually early in the tournament.
It is a shame. I was really looking forward to it, too. I figured the winner of that one would win the title, so I guess Barty will win? We’ll have to see how she handles the pressure in her home country.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is a shame. I was really looking forward to it, too. I figured the winner of that one would win the title, so I guess Barty will win? We’ll have to see how she handles the pressure in her home country.
Me, too. I went with Barty. I have this vague theory that with all of the negative press during the Djokovic debacle that the Aussie players might be extra-motivated, and the Aussie fans for them, but who knows?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Ash handles pressure than Sam Stosur ever did. in her home country..anyway one match at a time....I know Ash also thinks that way

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@Moxie in first place in both draw challenges. :clap:
I was even more surprised about the women's one than the men's because I'm not doing that well, so I looked at a few other draws, and nobody else is, either. I see you still have Swiatek in, which not many do, so that could get you good points, my friend. Don't give up yet!