US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
While Nadal do have Alcaraz on his half, his first 5 round matches are manageable meaning he should able to win those matches without any extreme sweat, hopefully!
I dont mind Rafa's draw at all just finishing it....I have put Rafa's projected path to the USO final on the Rafa fan post

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is Rafa Nadal's projected path to the the final
R1 Hijikata
R2 Fognini/Karatsev
R3 Krecmonovic ( Rafa was practicing with him yesterday)
R4 Schwartzman
QF Norrie/Rublev
SF Alcaraz/Huckacz/Sinner
F Medvedev/Tsitsipas/FAA/Ruud

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is Rafa Nadal's projected path to the the final
R1 Hijikata
R2 Fognini/Karatsev
R3 Krecmonovic ( Rafa was practicing with him yesterday)
R4 Schwartzman
QF Norrie/Rublev
SF Alcaraz/Huckacz/Sinner
F Medvedev/Tsitsipas/FAA/Ruud
I think this is a tough state draw for Rafa, actually. It’s niggly, and he’ll take a week to get up to speed again, after his absence. Rublev or Norrie in the qf, Alcaraz/Sinner/Coric potentially in the semi.

It could be tricky..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think this is a tough state draw for Rafa, actually. It’s niggly, and he’ll take a week to get up to speed again, after his absence. Rublev or Norrie in the qf, Alcaraz/Sinner/Coric potentially in the semi.

It could be tricky..
I disagree, I think he can find some rhythm in the first 4 rounds, he avoids big hitters.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looking at the US Open draw: The Top two seeds have the "easier draw" while Alcaraz and Tsitsipas have the "tougher draw."

Kyrgios did land on Medvedev's quarter (4th Rd), but other than that, Medvedev should be able to reach the SF, unless FAA shows his AO level.

We already talked about Nadal's draw.

Tsitsipas has a potential of Cressy, Matteo, and Fritz consecutive matches. That will not be easy for Tsitsipas at all. But we will see how Tsitsipas will handle this gauntlet mentally.

Alcaraz did drew Coric in the 3rd round and he could potentially face either Sinner or Hurkacz in the QFs. And Cilic could be a spoiler in the 4th Round IF he shows his GS level this year. Like Tsitsipas, a potential gauntlet for Alcaraz.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking at the US Open draw: The Top two seeds have the "easier draw" while Alcaraz and Tsitsipas have the "tougher draw."

Kyrgios did land on Medvedev's quarter (4th Rd), but other than that, Medvedev should be able to reach the SF, unless FAA shows his AO level.

Tsitsipas has a potential of Cressy, Matteo, and Fritz consecutive matches. That will not be easy for Tsitsipas at all. But we will see how Tsitsipas will handle this gauntlet mentally.

Alcaraz did drew Coric in the 3rd round and he could potentially face either Sinner or Hurkacz in the QFs. And Cilic could be a spoiler in the 4th Round IF he shows his GS level this year. Like Tsitsipas, a potential gauntlet for Alcaraz.
Tough run for Alcaraz, potentially…

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Tsitsipas too mentally weak for me to go far at the USO, I mean look how he fared at Cinncy Final, lost the first set 76 (0) against Coric, until he proves otherwise, I am out on him

Last edited by a moderator:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I was hoping Coric would be up in the top half torturing them, but at least Rafa only gets one of him or Alcaraz...or neither.
Exactly, and the hope is that Coric has peaked and is going to flop in New York because a talented lad like him suddenly catching fire there could be a problem for everyone. I think Carlos knows he has to up his game though...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios playing his best friend and doubles partner Thanasi Kokkinakis in Round 1 ( Nick and Thanasi playing dubs together at the USO)
Interested to see how Nick goes, still feel his knee could be a problem for him

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Top half of the draw begins on Monday
Bottom half of the draw begins on Tuesday

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.