Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
I will be needing a 'eye job' after this match finally finishes....:)

Old models' trick: Preparation H shrinks the eye-bags. (I do not advocate!) :laydownlaughing

........:lolz:

I meant to say cucumbers and cold tea bags….:angel:

And first blood to Nishikori! Shall we go to bed, or go for old-world methods to keep us looking fresh tomorrow?

Quite frankly I am a bit scared to ask you for your old-world methods in looking fresh.....;)

I've already offered them to you. Otherwise, don't you have a portrait in your closet? That's the best one. :snigger

Can Kei do it here??

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Kei is going to serve this well, and play this cleanly, this is over.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
Old models' trick: Preparation H shrinks the eye-bags. (I do not advocate!) :laydownlaughing

And first blood to Nishikori! Shall we go to bed, or go for old-world methods to keep us looking fresh tomorrow?

Quite frankly I am a bit scared to ask you for your old-world methods in looking fresh.....;)

I've already offered them to you. Otherwise, don't you have a portrait in your closet? That's the best one. :snigger

Can Kei do it here??

..............:blush:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Come on Kei just serve out the match please,so we can all get our beauty sleep...:)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:

Can Kei do it here??

Portrait of Fashionista as Dorian Grey…in line at Starbucks, trying not to look tired, after a late night of tennis. :heart:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great job, Kei! Really fine match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:

Can Kei do it here??

Portrait of Fashionista as Dorian Grey…in line at Starbucks, trying not to look tired, after a late night of tennis. :heart:

.....;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We've been seeing that the Nishkori serve was under-appreciated. And doing it against a big server. Also, the knock on him that he's not fit. It's very humid in NY. He held strong…good on Kei for silencing the detractors as to his fitness.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Missed the first serve, but he took the first match point anyways. And the commentator is talking about how this is the third match to tie the latest finish here ever. There are three matches that all finished at 2:26am. One in 1993, one in 2012 and now one in 2014.

Milos did seem to try to keep the ball in play one more shot. He made Kei hit a volley winner. An easy volley knock off because Milos was stretched too far, but he made him play it nonetheless.

Really excited for Kei. His first US Open quarterfinal. It'll help his ranking. At least in the long run. I don't think he'll pass Tsonga unless he makes the semis. But here's to a great match with Wawrinka. I'd love to see him in the final over Wawrinka, Djokovic, or Murray.

Raonic just not good enough. He can't rally. Maybe it was too hot or humid or whatever, but he looked slow and sluggish and not terribly in it. He didn't seem fired up at any point to me. Lethargic. Not sad to see him go.

Go Kei!

Hoping Monfils v Dimitrov tomorrow is awesome!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
fashionista said:
Does Kei play Warwinka in the q/final?

Yes. I don't think they've ever played before.

EDIT: They've played twice: 2-0 Wawrinka

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=W367&oId=N552

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:

Can Kei do it here??

.....;)

Yeah, now that's going to be me, too. Hopefully, some combination of Preparation H, cucumbers and over-priced coffee will make me appear at work with a dazzling smile! (The portrait in my closet is going to look like a tired hag. :laydownlaughing )