US Open Day 8: Monday, September 1

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
What made staying up worth was the more than 10 brutal return winners that Kei hit
off Milos's serves.

Good night folks.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Of course, if he hadn't handed Raonic a break to take the first set, it may be a different match anyways.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am also taking a...bedbreak:D

Good night guys, I hope Milos goes to the bathroom as well, might be someone there who can buy from some first serves:cool:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori just lifted his shirt to wipe his face. Not impressive. He needs a Davydenko-like cut if he wants to make the most of his gifts, IMO. Too soft, as he is.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Kei breaks and will serve for the fourth set. Cannot keep my eyes open much longer.

Me, either, but it's compelling tennis.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To sleep, or not to sleep, that is the question….

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I'm getting the impression Raonic is a morning person. Playing at almost 2 AM doesn't suit him.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
I mean, seriously, Raonic looks terrible. Just, can't rally at all. He's in it because of his serve and that's it. And that's a valid strategy and way to win a match. I just hate it. Which is funny because as a Roddick fan for years I used to defend that style of play. But now I'm totally with Nadal that it's just boring. Though, Roddick was much better at rallying than Raonic I think. His backhand wasn't as good and Raonic's forehand is bigger but Roddick could move better and construct a point better even if he was no good at constructing a point. He was also 4 inches shorter. But I mean, DelPo moves ok. DelPo can rally. Raonic just isn't that great. His serve is just devastating.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
I will be needing a 'eye job' after this match finally finishes....:)

Old models' trick: Preparation H shrinks the eye-bags. (I do not advocate!) :laydownlaughing

tented

Administrator
Reactions
tenisplayrla08 said:
I mean, seriously, Raonic looks terrible. Just, can't rally at all. He's in it because of his serve and that's it. And that's a valid strategy and way to win a match. I just hate it. Which is funny because as a Roddick fan for years I used to defend that style of play. But now I'm totally with Nadal that it's just boring. Though, Roddick was much better at rallying than Raonic I think. His backhand wasn't as good and Raonic's forehand is bigger but Roddick could move better and construct a point better even if he was no good at constructing a point. He was also 4 inches shorter. But I mean, DelPo moves ok. DelPo can rally. Raonic just isn't that great. His serve is just devastating.

Exactly. Roddick wasn't all serve, but Raonic is 90% serve (especially tonight).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:

Old models' trick: Preparation H shrinks the eye-bags. (I do not advocate!) :laydownlaughing

........:lolz:

I meant to say cucumbers and cold tea bags….:angel:

And first blood to Nishikori! Shall we go to bed, or go for old-world methods to keep us looking fresh tomorrow?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If only Kei had won that 3rd set t.break he has a 4-2 lead and let it slip away,winning the 4th set he should have been long gone in the locker room by now.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Four hours in and Kei is finding the lines and the tricky drop!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:
Moxie629 said:
fashionista said:

........:lolz:

I meant to say cucumbers and cold tea bags….:angel:

And first blood to Nishikori! Shall we go to bed, or go for old-world methods to keep us looking fresh tomorrow?

Quite frankly I am a bit scared to ask you for your old-world methods in looking fresh.....;)