UEFA Champions League 2018/19

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great results for Premier League teams this week. Spurs not so surprising given the lead we had, but still.... we dealt with Dortmund European style. Road our luck a bit in the first half...

But Man United? Oh wow wow wow!!! I thought PSG's choke a few years ago against Barca was bad, but this was waaaaay worse. That was a Man United reserve team that took them to the cleaners. Amazing stuff

The penalty was definitely a bit harsh! I'm not a fan of PSG though at all... so don't begrudge the Mancs going through. Potential of 4 English clubs in the last 8 is showing a power shift. I think Liverpool/Bayern is a 50/50 match.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Juve turn it round against Athletico. I had them as favourites for the tournament before the first leg... but expected Athletico to get an away goal in Turin.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This has been a year of comebacks, considering what happened with Ajax-Real and Man U-PSG. Juventus are scary good. When they want to play, they can asphyxiate opponents, defensively or offensively. For me they are joint favorites with Man City. I wonder what would happen if they are paired next round.

And then you have Cristiano. I think he is the greatest player right now. He likes pressure and he thrives in pressure situations. For me, that sets him apart from everyone else, including Messi. Honestly, I thought Juve were done for, but with Cristiano, anything is possible.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Quality performance from Liverpool, particularly in the second half. All 4 English clubs in the last 8 - the draw for the quarters is going to be interesting!

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Quality performance from Liverpool, particularly in the second half. All 4 English clubs in the last 8 - the draw for the quarters is going to be interesting!
Are they going to separate teams from the same country at this stage of the tournament?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

1st team will play the first leg at home.

Liverpool v Porto
Ajax v Juventus
Tottenham v Man City
Man Utd v Barcelona

Semi Finals:
Man Utd/Barcelona v Liverpool/Porto
Ajax/Juventus v Tottenham/Man City

Happy with that :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not!! :(

But at this stage I guess we have to accept that whoever we face is going to be a tough tough out. Just a bit depressing that we'll be facing City 3 times in a few weeks. It could be a disastrous time for us. It could be glorious too, but after our recent run I'm struggling to find the optimism

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Porto is probably the best ticket left... but I don't want to get too complacent about them. Daring to look beyond though, we have a second leg semi at home... that could be crucial if we get Barca.

I'll give you a shot against City.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
yes I think we probably have a shot. They have every reason to feel complacent. And shoving it in Kyle Walkers face is incentive enough

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
great wins for both of us today @britbox. I'm a bit bummed by Kane getting injured again. Although funnily enough our ideal set up against City in the 2nd leg would call for Moura and Son to be deployed for counter attacking. We've tended to do very well without Harry so if we could steal a draw there I'll be happy bunny :)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
great wins for both of us today @britbox. I'm a bit bummed by Kane getting injured again. Although funnily enough our ideal set up against City in the 2nd leg would call for Moura and Son to be deployed for counter attacking. We've tended to do very well without Harry so if we could steal a draw there I'll be happy bunny :)

Yeah, not giving up an away goal was huge for you guys. Hope you can make it count in Manchester. Also hoping you guys can nick a point from them in the league.

Don't really want to speak too soon, but I think we'll go through after today. We beat Porto 5-0 away last season. I think one goal away will probably be enough.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, not giving up an away goal was huge for you guys. Hope you can make it count in Manchester. Also hoping you guys can nick a point from them in the league.

Don't really want to speak too soon, but I think we'll go through after today. We beat Porto 5-0 away last season. I think one goal away will probably be enough.
you'll be fine I reckon. As for us, we have a chance, but jeepers it's going to be tough. I'm less concerned about Kane being out that potentially Dele Ali.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Federberg. I hope you are ok wherever you are mate. The match was cardiac!! The best match I have watched this season, regardless of tournament.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That was fucking sensational mate!!! I haven't been that stressed for a long time. Wow!!! I love me some VAR baby!!! :clap::dance1::pompoms::dance2:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey Federberg. I hope you are ok wherever you are mate. The match was cardiac!! The best match I have watched this season, regardless of tournament.
hahaha! Truer words have never been spoken. One minute I almost smashed my tv. Next moment I was screaming like a girl. I'm a so tired right now, and I've lost my voice

Reactions: atttomole

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hahaha! Truer words have never been spoken. One minute I almost smashed my tv. Next moment I was screaming like a girl. I'm a so tired right now, and I've lost my voice
I watched that match and I was nervous too, because I wanted City to lose. VAR did its job and it is unfortunate that the EPL still has not started using it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
a picture that says a thousand words. Dele Ali and the guy who left us... Kyle Walker

dele_alli_of_tottenham_hotspur_and_kyle_walker_of_manchester_cit_1178839.jpg

and bear in mind he sent this tweet out when the draw was announced. Payback is a bitch..

Reactions: atttomole