UEFA Champions League 2018/19

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Liverpool were piss poor against Napoli. Worst performance of the season and Napoli deserved that late winner. The team looked lacklustre and tired. Liverpool need a big improvement before the Man City match.

Looks like Redstar are going to be the whipping boys after all. 6-1 drubbing at PSG.

Saw the highlights of Spurs/Barca... Spurs looked shit at the back but it was another Messi masterclass. Looking tough for Spurs... but Inter still have to play Barca twice and Spurs... so there is still a slim hope. I expect Barca and Inter to qualify though.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Tired of what when they played nothing but 7 matches in Premiership. Zvezda played 8 rounds of qualifications plus 10 matches in Serbian league before the CL, so no wonder now they are with many injuries and no energy.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tired of what when they played nothing but 7 matches in Premiership. Zvezda played 8 rounds of qualifications plus 10 matches in Serbian league before the CL, so no wonder now they are with many injuries and no energy.

Liverpool gave Red Star a 4-0 drubbing. Salah grabs a brace.

PSG drawing with Napoli was a good result for us - puts us back on top of the group.

Spurs failure to beat PSV Eindhoven looks to be their death knell for the Champions League campaign.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Liverpool gave Red Star a 4-0 drubbing. Salah grabs a brace.

PSG drawing with Napoli was a good result for us - puts us back on top of the group.

Spurs failure to beat PSV Eindhoven looks to be their death knell for the Champions League campaign.
my only hope now is that Spurs finish last in the group. Really don't want to bother with Europa League when Arsenal and Chelsea look so strong. Lloris is becoming a serious liability. I have to say though, for stretches of that match they actually played better than they have all season.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shit result for Liverpool in Belgrade. @Mastoor will be happy. My scouse mates tell me it was a dire performance.

I'm thinking we need to beat Napoli at home and maybe get a point at PSG to make certain qualification. I'm not too confident about PSG away to be honest.

Reactions: Mastoor

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
The matches between Zvezda and Liverpool fell on exact same days as their matches in 1973. They just played them in reverse order. In 1973, it was first in Belgrade and then in Liverpool.

This one in Belgrade was the 300th match in European competitions for Zvezda and the 200th for Liverpool.

Everyone in Belgrade hoped for the win this time. The loss in Liverpool didn't look as bad as the score may suggest knowing that it was refereed by a German moron, who was calling foul practically each time Zvezda had the ball in their possession, not letting them play that way and on the top of that, he made up 2 penalties for Liverpool.

And the boys delivered. I was so happy watching Zvezda finally playing the way it should, beating one of the best teams in Europe.

I hope it will become our standard again in next couple of years, though I read that the richest clubs want again to save themselves from losing to Zvezda by making a new competition like they did last time Zvezda won European title.

I read that Milan Pankov who scored twice was payed by Zvezda around a thousandth of the cost of Liverpool's defense. Around 272 thousands to 272 millions.

No wonder people around Europe liked to see this, because that was sport like it should be, competition rather than business.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think plans for a European Super League would backfire badly.

Liverpool were pretty ordinary today, losing to PSG away. They have a strange situation for the final home game against Napoli.

If they win 1-0 then they will progress to the next phase. Otherwise they have to win by 2 clear goals.

Good win for Spurs over Inter... gives them a chance.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It gives us a chance but Inter play PSV at home while we have to go to Barcelona and win.... or at least match Inter's result. That's a tall order. Still looks like Europa is most likely for us sadly

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tall Order Indeed... but better than no order... and at least you know what you've got to do in what is basically a one-off cup tie.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a night of CL football... (or early morning as it was for me)... Liverpool dominated Napoli... Mane had a hat-trick of easy misses leaving everything in the balance until the last kick of the game. Good match to watch. Invaluable save by Allisson Becker in stoppage time kept us in the tournament.

... and Spurs are through!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
What a night of CL football... (or early morning as it was for me)... Liverpool dominated Napoli... Mane had a hat-trick of easy misses leaving everything in the balance until the last kick of the game. Good match to watch. Invaluable save by Allisson Becker in stoppage time kept us in the tournament.

... and Spurs are through!
Funnily enough we dominated Barca. But for a silly mistake from a rookie it might have been a comfortable night. Even Messi coming on didn’t really change things. Poch is a special special manager though. When Kyle Walker-Peters made the error that Dembele ruthlessly exploited a lot of managers would have been looking for a way to get him off. He forces these young guys to correct their mistakes and boy did he. Great saving block against Coutinho. No doubt Poch will play him again in one of the coming matches. He’s good enough

So good to see all EPL clubs through. We’re coming. It’s time for a new decade of domination!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
GET IN THERE MY SON!! I’M IN CLOUD NINE :pompoms::cheerleader::dance3::dance1:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Good win for you guys. Dortmund isn't an easy place to go, so good that you've got a nice cushion for your visit. I think that's you boys through.
we've been there before. They'll score, but so will we with Kane back. So unless it's one of those crazy European nights we'll be fine

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
CL seems as wide open as I can remember. I don't think there is any real outstanding favourite. One of ten teams could win this.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Juventus look very strong to me, and a nod to PSG and City as well

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had Juve as possible favourites but after this week, you'd expect Athletico Madrid to progress. City looked strong against Shalke, Liverpool-Bayern... while not a great result... I still think Liverpool can score over there.

3-week gap until the next leg which I don't like so much.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup that Juve result was a surprise to me. Not a shock, but a surprise. Atletico are far far too dangerous to ever disrespect; Thankfully for Liverpool it was a score draw. I think 3 weeks is perfect for you isn't it? That way there's more chance you get your best back 4 playing again. If that's the case then I can see you guys being lethal on the counter

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Great results for Premier League teams this week. Spurs not so surprising given the lead we had, but still.... we dealt with Dortmund European style. Road our luck a bit in the first half...

But Man United? Oh wow wow wow!!! I thought PSG's choke a few years ago against Barca was bad, but this was waaaaay worse. That was a Man United reserve team that took them to the cleaners. Amazing stuff