The Music Box

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Former Jam frontman Paul Weller and former Oasis songwriter Noel Gallagher perform the Jam classic "Town called Malice"

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Rolling Stones just announced and released their new record "Angry" -

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With the death of Robbie Robertson, and Hurricane Ophelia dropping rain on us, I thought I'd post this, as it has been running through my head for a week. I actually thought I'd missed my chance a few days ago, but no such luck! Ophelia keeps darkening our door. Was it something that we said? We've had the second coming of Ophelia. Please, no third!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It took me a couple of times to hear the song, which I now really like.
Hey Margaret, it was the same with me. Very melancholic lyrics and the bridge part reminded me of Electric Light Orchestra, Jeff Lynne being credited as one of the producers.
And the promo video for Now and Then really is quite amazing .
Peter Jackson and everyone else involved in the AI production should be proud of what they have produced including with the video.
A remarkable achievement that deserves the attention it seems to be getting around the globe.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey Margaret, it was the same with me. Very melancholic lyrics and the bridge part reminded me of Electric Light Orchestra, Jeff Lynne being credited as one of the producers.
And the promo video for Now and Then really is quite amazing .
Peter Jackson and everyone else involved in the AI production should be proud of what they have produced including with the video.
A remarkable achievement that deserves the attention it seems to be getting around the globe.
Agree, it did sound like ELO, and it was a remarkable achievement, from what I read Yoko Ono had some tapes of John, after he was killed, and handed it over to the remaining Beatles, and this was a tune on it of John, did you hear or read the same?

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree, it did sound like ELO, and it was a remarkable achievement, from what I read Yoko Ono had some tapes of John, after he was killed, and handed it over to the remaining Beatles, and this was a tune on it of John, did you hear or read the same?
yes that's right. Yoko gave the tapes to Paul of three home recordings Lennon put on cassette - Free as a Bird, ReaL Love and Now and Then. The first two were worked on and released in 1995.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wonderful production because this often covered Jazz standard was not completed by Elvis.

The uploader has been able to complete this homemade production by adding two other music legends vocals, Doris Day and Peggy Lee. Elvis would go on to record a more uptempo version of Fools Rush in in 1971. I found myself wishing Elvis waxed more Jazz music in his time.

Last edited:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Great version from the latter Elvis era, but was he influenced by the Rick Nelson version ? They both share the same guitar icon James Burton!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know you’ll know this, but for those who don’t, this was the last time John Lennon played live.
in a concert arena, yes, definitely, although he sang another three songs live in 1975 on television variety show. This audio only recording surfaced recently...

Salute To Sir Lew live perfomance; April 18, 1975​

• Love
Reactions: tented