Scots/Irish music

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I guess this 1 is going to be for my use really (like my poetry 1 is though I get the odd visitor now & then which is nice) & to keep Scots/Irish music off the normal music threads as my favourite musical instrument is the bagpipes but I'm aware that although I love the sound of them not everyone does. Please feel free to listen & enjoy though if you like this type of music too.

https://youtu.be/bqAsJgCiQL0?list=PLtl0LQHMUw_k

Horsa

Reactions
Love plenty of the old traditional Irish tunes... tempo and beat.

Scots/Irish music is very closely linked as is Scots/Irish history. Thank you very much for the feedback & the song. I'm going to be sharing more. As I feel closer to the Scots side of my mainly Scots/Irish ancestry & love bagpipes I'm sharing Scottish music 1st but as it's so closely linked there are some songs which there are big arguments about whether they're Scottish or Irish which is another reason why I'm calling them Scots/Irish. (I'm also saving Irish songs for Sunday as it's St. Patrick's Day then.)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scots/Irish music is very closely linked as is Scots/Irish history. Thank you very much for the feedback & the song. I'm going to be sharing more. As I feel closer to the Scots side of my mainly Scots/Irish ancestry & love bagpipes I'm sharing Scottish music 1st but as it's so closely linked there are some songs which there are big arguments about whether they're Scottish or Irish which is another reason why I'm calling them Scots/Irish. (I'm also saving Irish songs for Sunday as it's St. Patrick's Day then.)

Yep, although not really bedfellows in history. The protestant unionists in Northern Ireland were originally from Scotland and the Highland Catholics in Scotland were often considered Irish. Celtic/Rangers football matches in the "old firm" derby illustrate the divide. Rangers fans with the Union Jacks and Red Hand of Ulster flags, Celtic with their Irish flags and ant-British sentiment.

Horsa

Reactions
Yep, although not really bedfellows in history. The protestant unionists in Northern Ireland were originally from Scotland and the Highland Catholics in Scotland were often considered Irish. Celtic/Rangers football matches in the "old firm" derby illustrate the divide. Rangers fans with the Union Jacks and Red Hand of Ulster flags, Celtic with their Irish flags and ant-British sentiment.
I know. There have been many arguments between them & still are. Whether certain songs are Scottish or Irish is sometimes a big 1.

Horsa

Reactions
The other Scottish unofficial national anthem.

Horsa

Reactions
This is 1 of the songs which there is often a big argument about whether it's Scottish or Irish. I just call it Scots/Irish to save arguments.

Horsa

Reactions
This is another of the songs there are arguments about whether they are Scots or Irish on.