The Music Box

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Still going post-Keith then? Were they all old tunes or anything new?
the old stuff. I was in the Mosh pit for about 30mins. A couple of flailing arms hit me in the face. I held some fat skin heads arm and squeezed it, ready to take it as a keepsake. Amazingly he apologised and hugged me. At some point I realised I was too old for that shit and moved off to the side. It was amazing but somehow left me feeling old. Thank goodness the walk from Ally Pally to the station afterwards is mainly downhill. I wouldn't have been able to bare more physical exertion!:face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: britbox and Kieran

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie's done the Christmas Movies part of the festive entertainment, but what are your favourite Christmas tunes?

Chris Rea's Driving Home for Christmas always signified the end of the work year for me. Time to down tools and get in the spirit.

Fairytale of New York is another fave. Even more poignant following Shane McGowan's death.

Bony M's - Mary's Boy Child

The UK staple was Slade's tune.

and a few carols thrown in:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Merry Christmas, @britbox! This is my most favorite Christmas song. We sing it at mass every Christmas evening. It's my favorite one to sing, (in my own fashion,) and it's the one that makes me stop and think of why it's Christmas we're celebrating, anyway.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it Christmas in Australia already? :lol6:

I love all those songs, especially the Chris Rea, the Pogues, there’s very few Christmas songs I dislike but I really hate that Christmas shoes song. I rarely wish ill on fictional characters but I hope the ma in that one doesn’t get the dang shoes!

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Moxie's done the Christmas Movies part of the festive entertainment, but what are your favourite Christmas tunes?

Chris Rea's Driving Home for Christmas always signified the end of the work year for me. Time to down tools and get in the spirit.

Fairytale of New York is another fave. Even more poignant following Shane McGowan's death.

Bony M's - Mary's Boy Child

The UK staple was Slade's tune.

and a few carols thrown in:

My favourite Xmas songs are:

Lonely pup in a Xmas shop

White Christmas

Merry Xmas Everybody. (As you've already shared I won't repeat.

My favourite Xmas Carols are:

Little donkey

Away in a manger

God rest ye merry gentlemen

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This has become my favourite Christmas song this year

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
still think this is one of the greatest moments in pop history. I shake my head when people try to come up with modern comparisons. It wasn't just the performance. It was how it made you feel. It was what everyone talked about for weeks after. We all tried to moonwalk. No doubt mothers were frustrated that suddenly their sons were competing for time in front of the floor length mirror!:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: tented and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
still think this is one of the greatest moments in pop history. I shake my head when people try to come up with modern comparisons. It wasn't just the performance. It was how it made you feel. It was what everyone talked about for weeks after. We all tried to moonwalk. No doubt mothers were frustrated that suddenly their sons were competing for time in front of the floor length mirror!:face-with-tears-of-joy:

MJ was a "thriller." Not just a great singer, but a truly great, and innovative dancer. The only comparison I would make to the moonwalk is a ballet dancer en pointe. The strength and skill and artistry that it takes to make your body appear weightless. Of all the things it's hard to know what to believe about him, one I do believe is that he suffered pain from his dancing, and that it may have caused him to reach for strong painkillers. It's awfully hard on the body, to be that nimble.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I spend way too much time watching videos of these girls. It started before Christmas when I saw this:

Their YouTube channel has them singing tons of Georgian folk songs, in a kind of corny setting, walking along like those horrible Irish tourism ads that are aimed at the yanks. The folding fields of green, the mystical blarney. Their videos are kinda rustic and homesy, the songs are all exceptional and beautiful, and they’re humorous together and brighten up my day too.

This was one I watched this morning:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can you tell which is the real Elvis and to what point the AI tweaked singer takes over in order to complete? Song was written by Mac Davis (In the Ghetto) and Elvis had attempted to add his vocals but gave up, he was right to do so as the track lacked any commercial potential.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is Kina and her unique reworking of Cant Help Falling in Love. What a lovely tonal and vocal range she has...

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meet Sayaka Alessandra. She's extremely talented with the geetar !

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Heard in the grocery store today. Hadn't heard it in a long time, and I'd forgotten how much I love this song:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
am listening and liking Billy Joel's new song in 17 years, Turn the Lights Back On...

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's Saturday night. Chill out and enjoy a blast from the past:

• Love
Reactions: tented