The hate thread

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've grown to really hate humans. Look at the world, everywhere you look, it's nothing but atrocities.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I've grown to really hate humans. Look at the world, everywhere you look, it's nothing but atrocities.

Do you want to double your hatred? Next atrocity you see on a news website (as I hope is not near enough to you), pay attention to the comments section. Most people find a way to cheer up or simply to say that people deserved what they got. Recently a whole building caught fire collapsed here in Brazil... what people wrote was enough to write thousands of psychology thesis.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I hate personality tests because they have awkward questions which can back-fire whatever way you answer them like "Do you prefer to work quickly or to perfection?" & "Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?" To question 1 if you answer you prefer to work quickly they could think that your results are rather slapdash, if you answer that you prefer to work to perfection they could think you're slow & have trouble completing things & if you answer neutral you could be seen as unwilling to commit. To question 1 if you answer you prefer to work alone you could be seen as unsocial yet if you answer you prefer to work as part of a team you could be seen as someone who leaves all the work to others & yet again if you answer neutral you could be seen as unwilling to commit. I nearly got somewhere twice after filling out my application & customer service form with 1 company & after filling in my application form & doing a maths & English test with another then got rejected because of personality tests.

Next time (my wife is a psychologist and works with those tests, so I know a bit about it), think less about the possible interpretations of your answers and fill in your gut reaction. This gives a more accurate, and more importantly, coherent result (which is quite important) than what you have if you think too hard about it.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Oh, this thread is getting serious, and I hate that.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Do you want to double your hatred? Next atrocity you see on a news website (as I hope is not near enough to you), pay attention to the comments section. Most people find a way to cheer up or simply to say that people deserved what they got. Recently a whole building caught fire collapsed here in Brazil... what people wrote was enough to write thousands of psychology thesis.

Trust me, I'm very active on twitter, and it's about the most toxic place you could ever imagine. Well, the internet in general is. Anonymity allows people to display their worst without fear of consequences.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Next time (my wife is a psychologist and works with those tests, so I know a bit about it), think less about the possible interpretations of your answers and fill in your gut reaction. This gives a more accurate, and more importantly, coherent result (which is quite important) than what you have if you think too hard about it.
I like both equally. Thank you very much for the advice. I still hate them.

Horsa

Reactions
Trust me, I'm very active on twitter, and it's about the most toxic place you could ever imagine. Well, the internet in general is. Anonymity allows people to display their worst without fear of consequences.
I'm very sorry to both interrupt & contradict you but although there is a lot of hatred on twitter, there is a lot of good things about it too. I've made some good friends on twitter, I share pictures & music with people, have good conversations about art & history, admire other people's poetry & was advised to start writing again on twitter & I share my own poetry sometimes. I'm encouraged by my friends & I'm trying to get a book of poems together. I've also written a few short stories & a fairy-tale since being advised to start writing again. I've even been advised to extend my fairy-tale & consider publishing it with information on how to get published. I was even told how to copy-right my poems on twitter so I copy-righted them.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I had an idea! I had an idea!!

It can save all threads from being hijacked by Fedal wars!

This site could produce chewing gums made as a player doll! So you would have little Federers, Nadals and others made out of chewing gum. Instead of flooding the boards with all possible crazy stuff, posters could chew out their HATRED of said players with them! Of course, they could show their love by sucking the chewing gum of the respective idolized player, but that would not be so fun. Maybe so if they tried to suck one and chew the other at the same time, in which case I would like to see live footage of this, on the "chewing hatred live cam".

Horsa

Reactions
Haha! I wonder if @britbox could put some software on here where if threads not relevant to Fedal wars have content containing them their words get changed into something different like pictures of chocolate bars or popcorn. Lol.
I had an idea! I had an idea!!

It can save all threads from being hijacked by Fedal wars!

This site could produce chewing gums made as a player doll! So you would have little Federers, Nadals and others made out of chewing gum. Instead of flooding the boards with all possible crazy stuff, posters could chew out their HATRED of said players with them! Of course, they could show their love by sucking the chewing gum of the respective idolized player, but that would not be so fun. Maybe so if they tried to suck one and chew the other at the same time, in which case I would like to see live footage of this, on the "chewing hatred live cam".

Horsa

Reactions
I hate it when you're reading a book at the train station while waiting for a train & you're 45 minutes early when a family with 4 noisy children sit near you & the children are that noisy you can't hear yourself think & you've got to a very interesting part. (Children just happen to get noisier. At 1 point I thought "Oh good! They've decided to sing." then I realised that their music teacher can't be very good as they sounded dreadful. I was never that noisy or that bad at singing at their age.)

Reactions: mrzz

Horsa

Reactions
I hate wordpress! I was advised to write a poetry blog & sent a link to a free blog page on wordpress. I've been trying to copy & paste all my poetry from my P.C. files onto there but it's been going very slowly & stops responding every 5 minutes. At 1st it wouldn't keep my formatting but it is now. When I 1st got it to copy & paste on there while keeping my formatting instead of putting my poems into paragraph format so the rhymes were at the end of the lines I thought:-

"I wrote a blog! I wrote a blog!
Aren't I good?
I wrote a blog!" Lol.

Horsa

Reactions
I hate people who judge others & say things about others when they're not all that themselves. Walking home from the train station I got people who said about me that they wouldn't dare be like me when they nearly got run over by a car & had blue, green & purple hair. I was thinking at least I've got a normal colour hair & can cross a road safely. Normally I don't judge others but if others are judging me I judge them.There would have been a time when I would have been upset by this but I'm not today because I know there's nothing wrong with me & I'm normal + it should be up to me what I wear & do with my hair + it was windy & I get headaches when I have my hair up too long & why should I care so much about what other people think about me when a lot of people like me for who I am & I'm not like most women my age who only care about their hair, make-up, nails, clothes, music, men, going out partying & getting drunk & T.V.. I did a lot of genealogical research & realise that I've got traditional Scots/Irish hair which I love now as I've started to accept myself for who I am. Some people where I live think only Afro-Caribbean people have naturally thick, curly hair but that's untrue. Some people think that only people of colour are victims of racism but that's untrue. People with traditional Scots/Irish roots who don't live in Scotland or Ireland & don't have their hair thinned &/ straightened get racist treatment too. I've seen a lot of people with Scottish or Irish accents getting racist treatment. In fact where I live people of colour get treated better than people of traditional Scots/Irish roots or Scottish & Irish people with accents. I get treated better in Scotland than I do where I live & was brought up sometimes.

Last edited:

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
I've seen a lot of people with Scottish or Irish accents getting racist treatment. In fact where I live people of colour get treated better than people of traditional Scots/Irish roots or Scottish & Irish people with accents.
Ouch, that's a big surprise to me. I would think social intolerance be directed at those who the majority misunderstands (therefore hates) more. And people of colour are usually misunderstood most by majority white society.

To be precise, according to the definition of racism, to say that Scotts/Irelanders are "getting racist treatment", the treatment must be interracial. It would be such for sure if it came from people of colour. But I suspect it to be unlikely.

You mentioned facial differences in Scotts/Irelandres minority. If these differences in particular (and not nationality/accent/religion) attract the hatred of people of English origin, then it's also racism. And not chauvinism/religious intolerance: the traditional tensions existing there, as I learned at school. Can you confirm my understanding here?

But despite, I hope those tensions are just minorities (although they maybe loud) and the local law keeps efficient check on them, and the majority of population has no problem coexisting at least in formal & semi-formal places like work environments, and all receiving equal pay, etc, etc, as it should be.

Horsa

Reactions
Ouch, that's a big surprise to me. I would think social intolerance be directed at those who the majority misunderstands (therefore hates) more. And people of colour are usually misunderstood most by majority white society.

To be precise, according to the definition of racism, to say that Scotts/Irelanders are "getting racist treatment", the treatment must be interracial. It would be such for sure if it came from people of colour. But I suspect it to be unlikely.

You mentioned facial differences in Scotts/Irelandres minority. If these differences in particular (and not nationality/accent/religion) attract the hatred of people of English origin, then it's also racism. And not chauvinism/religious intolerance: the traditional tensions existing there, as I learned at school. Can you confirm my understanding here?

But despite, I hope those tensions are just minorities (although they maybe loud) and the local law keeps efficient check on them, and the majority of population has no problem coexisting at least in formal & semi-formal places like work environments, and all receiving equal pay, etc, etc, as it should be.
I'd have thought so too.

Scots/Irish don't have facial differences but their hair is much thicker & curlier (well if they originate from the Highland areas like most of my ancestors did) & different accents. Some English people think because they're different they can laugh at them & call them names. 1 of the reasons why some English people hate Scots is because they're still prejudiced against them because they believe the rubbish they got told in history about Scots being barbarians & enemies & causing wars against the English where if truth be told most wars between England & Scotland in the past was caused by greedy Kings like Edward I who weren't happy with just ruling England so caused wars with the Welsh & Scots too so they could rule the whole of Britain or that was their idea. (He was nick-named Hammer of the Scots for that reason.) Irish & Scots are old friends & their history & music is tied. I call myself Scots/Irish because according to my genealogy we're Scots/Irish. There are lots of arguments about whether certain songs are Scots or Irish. The Irish often get bad treatment due to their nationality.

What made me see the comments as racist was the fact I was told that if I was black I would have an excuse for having thick & curly hair as I'd have probably been Afro-Caribbean not thinking that people with Scots/Irish roots have thick & curly hair too. There are a few people of Scots/Irish origin who are treated badly because of their hair or accents near me. If Scots near me wear their kilts they're often picked on. A lot of people think that racism is only something that black victims are victims to but both Scots/Irish people & Jews are victims of racist attacks.

Thank you very much. It really wasn't that serious & after my little rant I decided that their opinion was worth nothing to me & that I wouldn't want people like that to have a good opinion of me & although they were older than me they're just childish & not worth my notice.

Last edited:

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'd have thought so too.

Scots/Irish don't have facial differences but their hair is much thicker & curlier (well if they originate from the Highland areas like most of my ancestors did) & different accents. Some English people think because they're different they can laugh at them & call them names. 1 of the reasons why some English people hate Scots is because they're still prejudiced against them because they believe the rubbish they got told in history about Scots being barbarians & enemies & causing wars against the English where if truth be told most wars between England & Scotland in the past was caused by greedy Kings like Edward I who weren't happy with just ruling England so caused wars with the Welsh & Scots too so they could rule the whole of Britain or that was their idea. (He was nick-named Hammer of the Scots for that reason.) Irish & Scots are old friends & their history & music is tied. I call myself Scots/Irish because according to my genealogy we're Scots/Irish. There are lots of arguments about whether certain songs are Scots or Irish. The Irish often get bad treatment due to their nationality.

What made me see the comments as racist was the fact I was told that if I was black I would have an excuse for having thick & curly hair as I'd have probably been Afro-Caribbean not thinking that people with Scots/Irish roots have thick & curly hair too. There are a few people of Scots/Irish origin who are treated badly because of their hair or accents near me. If Scots near me wear their kilts they're often picked on. A lot of people think that racism is only something that black victims are victims to but both Scots/Irish people & Jews are victims of racist attacks.

Thank you very much. It really wasn't that serious & after my little rant I decided that their opinion was worth nothing to me & that I wouldn't want people like that to have a good opinion of me & although they were older than me they're just childish & not worth my notice.
Thanks Horsa. From these details, the treatment the Scottish/Irish minority receives near your place can be called a mixture of racism and chauvinism/xenophobia. There might be other, unclassified tribal prejudices that average people don't even notice.
I know how difficult for you is the description of your experience. But that's not the main experience available to you. I'm a firm believer that such experiences happen (in developed countries) on the fringes of society only. For one openly prejudiced person, you'll find ten others who are not or at least do not show their tribal bias, so everyone feels equal & cross-cultural friendships are possible. To realise that, one must first understand and manage the experience that hurts (It can be the hardest part) then everything down the road is easer.

Horsa

Reactions
Thanks Horsa. From these details, the treatment the Scottish/Irish minority receives near your place can be called a mixture of racism and chauvinism/xenophobia. There might be other, unclassified tribal prejudices that average people don't even notice.
I know how difficult for you is the description of your experience. But that's not the main experience available to you. I'm a firm believer that such experiences happen (in developed countries) on the fringes of society only. For one openly prejudiced person, you'll find ten others who are not or at least do not show their tribal bias, so everyone feels equal & cross-cultural friendships are possible. To realise that, one must first understand and manage the experience that hurts (It can be the hardest part) then everything down the road is easer.
You're welcome, Chris. I know. I've got a lot of English friends & Scots/Irish friends where I live. I've also got Asian friends & 1 or 2 each Hungarian, French, Australian, Polish, American, Canadian & Welsh friends. I take each day as it comes & enjoy each good moment while also experiencing the bad & moving away from bad times as quickly as possible & learning from those experiences if there is anything I need to learn as well as learning from mistakes & trying to move on.

Reactions: Chris Koziarz
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Horsa Odds and Ends 12
mrzz Odds and Ends 6
N Odds and Ends 18
britbox Odds and Ends 16
britbox Odds and Ends 15