The hate thread

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
By the way, @Ricardo, regarding you´re post replying to me in the rankings thread:

You got me there, I do care about being labelled, as you suspected. In my defense, as I like the debate, I know that being labelled will make it harder to establish a conversation/discussion. But, yes, I do sound more diplomatic than I actually feel. However, I am kind of good at being diplomatic so I always give myself a shot, because a lot of the times I end up later agreeing with my cooler self. Anyway, hats off, you spotted it perfectly.

But this thread is about hatred, and that conversation was about "liking" or not a post. In a message board the "like" button is useful, shows that you agreed with something (or at least is that you are cool with it).

But I do HATE this social media culture (of which the "like" button is part of). I do not use social media, I HATE facebook, I HATE twiter, I HATE instagram and I HATE a few others that I do not even know the name.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We need a HATE button...

Pet hates off the top my head...

1. Facebook. The most self-indulgent invention known to man.
2. I hate that I'm on Facebook.
3. I hate that I post on Facebook sometimes.
4. People on Facebook who keep posting how ill they are.
5. People on Facebook who post a mood headline - "Really angry"... "I'm so upset"... "Worst day ever"... etc and then fail to provide the detail, followed by a flurry of comments... "Are you OK?" , "What's wrong...", "What happened..." etc.... PHISHING for sympathy... and then they STILL don't provide the detail... "I'll PM you... " etc...
6. Facebook trying to get your phone number to "help secure your account"... [Read: Spam you with texts or Sell on to others]
7. Facebook sending stupid messages from games your "friends" play... Jim just lost a cow on Farmville, Willie passed Level 9 on Candy Crush.... Yes, you can turn them off.... but FU Facebook.
8. Facebook trying to force you to install Messenger.
9. Can't think of 9. Short term memory loss... don't you just HATE it.
10. Mark Zuckerberg... wanker

Reactions: Nekro

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pet Hate: ADHD.

Who invented this fricken syndrome? It's become like a damn plague. Everyone under the age of 20 seems to be diagnosed with it.

"Sorry, Mrs Jenkins, I'm afraid your son has ADHD. It's a common syndrome and it's NOT YOUR FAULT. I'm going to prescribe you these pills (which contain rat poison - inaudible) to help your son feel more drowsy and less active. (your son will be labelled with this for life and we are going to line the pockets of big pharma in the process - inaudible)"

Read:

"Mrs Jenkins, your son is an out of control spoiled brat who should have been given a slap on the arse and some discipline from the outset. He's hyperactive like a lot of boys his age but needs to respect boundaries. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but YOU will need to take the time out of your busy schedule to enforce these boundaries. How about you skip watching tonight's episode of Celebrity Chef and begin right away?"

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^HAHAHAHA, very good and true.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We need a HATE button...

Pet hates off the top my head...

1. Facebook. The most self-indulgent invention known to man.
2. I hate that I'm on Facebook.
3. I hate that I post on Facebook sometimes.
4. People on Facebook who keep posting how ill they are.
5. People on Facebook who post a mood headline - "Really angry"... "I'm so upset"... "Worst day ever"... etc and then fail to provide the detail, followed by a flurry of comments... "Are you OK?" , "What's wrong...", "What happened..." etc.... PHISHING for sympathy... and then they STILL don't provide the detail... "I'll PM you... " etc...
6. Facebook trying to get your phone number to "help secure your account"... [Read: Spam you with texts or Sell on to others]
7. Facebook sending stupid messages from games your "friends" play... Jim just lost a cow on Farmville, Willie passed Level 9 on Candy Crush.... Yes, you can turn them off.... but FU Facebook.
8. Facebook trying to force you to install Messenger.
9. Can't think of 9. Short term memory loss... don't you just HATE it.
10. Mark Zuckerberg... wanker
I love FB for many things: reminds me of people's birthdays, keeps me in touch with my work community, as I am a freelancer. Also, friends in foreign countries and from days gone by. And political action threads. Useful.

However: I HATE photos of people's fucking food. I HATE people who change their status every single time they go for a piss. I don't care that you're having your tires changed, or that you're at the airport in Clearwater, FL. And to the guy who tries to get me to join every freaking game he plays...no, I'm not going to do it. Stop asking.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pet Hate: ADHD.

Who invented this fricken syndrome? It's become like a damn plague. Everyone under the age of 20 seems to be diagnosed with it.

"Sorry, Mrs Jenkins, I'm afraid your son has ADHD. It's a common syndrome and it's NOT YOUR FAULT. I'm going to prescribe you these pills (which contain rat poison - inaudible) to help your son feel more drowsy and less active. (your son will be labelled with this for life and we are going to line the pockets of big pharma in the process - inaudible)"

Read:

"Mrs Jenkins, your son is an out of control spoiled brat who should have been given a slap on the arse and some discipline from the outset. He's hyperactive like a lot of boys his age but needs to respect boundaries. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but YOU will need to take the time out of your busy schedule to enforce these boundaries. How about you skip watching tonight's episode of Celebrity Chef and begin right away?"
You hate ADHD?! You should be in my life. I have a mother and a brother with it, not to mention other friends and my haircutter. You're wrong that it's not a thing, it is, but it's over diagnosed, as you say. And excuse for giving out amphetamines, which is incredibly dangerous. But people have it and I HATE it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hate people inventing bs diseases like that too :hunting:

I hate people that can't distinguish a learning disability from a disease.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
You hate ADHD?! You should be in my life. I have a mother and a brother with it, not to mention other friends and my haircutter. You're wrong that it's not a thing, it is, but it's over diagnosed, as you say. And excuse for giving out amphetamines, which is incredibly dangerous. But people have it and I HATE it.

You then should hate the over diagnosis even more. It must be a thorn in the ass of families having to face actual D´s (disorders, disabilities, diseases, you name it) seeing all the drama queens complaining for no real reason.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I absolutely hate bikers, the Lance-wannabes not motorcyclists. The assholes think they own the road and I'm forced to look attentively at these middle-aged men wearing skintight gear as they bike 10 MPH in the middle of the fucking road when there are tons of bikepaths they could be on. They don't give a shit even if they hold up a whole road of traffic for minutes if people are unable to pass them as often tends to be the case. What's worse is they always seem to be out in droves whenever I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.

N

Nekro

I hate people that can't distinguish a learning disability from a disease.
learning disability that didn't get "recognized" til 1902 then renamed adhd in the 60s, this thing wasn't even talked about here til 10 years ago. I agree with BB's desciption lol. And i hate people who rip families off and give unhealthy drugs to children using this "disability" (lol) as an excuse.....

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone else get annoyed when people call themselves foodies? Usually it's code for saying "I like to stuff myself at the most expensive restaurants" and don't want to be viewed as a glutton.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone else get annoyed when people call themselves foodies? Usually it's code for saying "I like to stuff myself at the most expensive restaurants" and don't want to be viewed as a glutton.
I'm with you on this one. It means "food snob." Which is code for "I will judge people on what they eat." It's fine to like cooking and to be interested in it, but we all like comfort food and crap sometimes. And if I haven't got a shallot, or I like a hamburger, go fuck yourselves.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
"Foodies"???? Are you serious? That´s why we physicists invented the atom bomb.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pet Hate: Mobile Phones

I have one myself of course, I use it more as a mini-computer than a phone. Hate texting... Can barely string a sentence together on those tiny on-screen keyboards so texts are usually ignored or replied with 1-3 word replies. Get irritated by people wandering around gazing at a phone. Even more irritated when you see people using them at dinner... put the fucking thing down and talk to the person in front of you. Are these the most anti-social devices invented?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By the way, @Ricardo, regarding you´re post replying to me in the rankings thread:

You got me there, I do care about being labelled, as you suspected. In my defense, as I like the debate, I know that being labelled will make it harder to establish a conversation/discussion. But, yes, I do sound more diplomatic than I actually feel. However, I am kind of good at being diplomatic so I always give myself a shot, because a lot of the times I end up later agreeing with my cooler self. Anyway, hats off, you spotted it perfectly.

But this thread is about hatred, and that conversation was about "liking" or not a post. In a message board the "like" button is useful, shows that you agreed with something (or at least is that you are cool with it).

But I do HATE this social media culture (of which the "like" button is part of). I do not use social media, I HATE facebook, I HATE twiter, I HATE instagram and I HATE a few others that I do not even know the name.

Now Twitter I do like...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
We are there shoulder to shoulder hating mobile phones, @britbox.

And I hate people who like twitter.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I hate people who post the trivial things they're doing on Facebook. Who gives a sh1t if they had nice waffles for brunch?? And posting the picture of the food as well.... :facepalm: Give me a break!

N

Nekro

I hate Einstein cause they kicked out Erdős from his institute

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I hate Einstein cause they kicked out Erdős from his institute

Hate him also for taking full credit for relativity theory while others had very important contributions, most notably Poincare. He had a bad habit of taking credit for other people´s works (even if he indeed was an excellent physicist).

Reactions: Nekro and Federberg
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Horsa Odds and Ends 12
mrzz Odds and Ends 6
N Odds and Ends 18
britbox Odds and Ends 16
britbox Odds and Ends 15