Son of Mecir makes ATP debut

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
http://www.tennisfrontier.com/news/atp-tennis/the-big-cub-mecir-jnr-debuts-on-the-atp-tour/

Good opening scalp defeating Pablo Andujar. He sounds promising. His next round is against Tommy Haas.

Possibly another late bloomer as he's 25 already.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interestingly found. We shall see if the he's a cat of the same pedigree.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am not expecting anything significant from him. He develops in baby steps, at a rate which may produce some good results by the time he is 50+

at 21 ranked in the 600+
23 around 300
25 still at 240
And in January he will be 26...
Even by today standards when the most youngsters make the top 100 by the time they turn 23 he is very underdeveloped

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think he's had quite a bit of time out injured though herios. He's won 6 of 13 Futures events he's been in and Pablo was a nice scalp for his debut on the main tour. Ranking could rise quickly if he can make the main tour events. He plays Tommy Haas today, so that will give him an awakening to the main tour - it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

On the main note - i don't think he'll make huge waves either - but it would be nice if he could break the Top 100 and be a regular at the tour events.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
I think he's had quite a bit of time out injured though herios. He's won 6 of 13 Futures events he's been in and Pablo was a nice scalp for his debut on the main tour. Ranking could rise quickly if he can make the main tour events. He plays Tommy Haas today, so that will give him an awakening to the main tour - it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

On the main note - i don't think he'll make huge waves either - but it would be nice if he could break the Top 100 and be a regular at the tour events.

I am not saying he can not climb some in the rankings, but the higher he goes, the harder it gets. I salute any tennis player who never gives up ad keeps on trying to get better.
Mecir's fellow famous countryman, Rosol, managed to enter into the top 50 at almost 28 and is holding his ground right now there. So it is never too late. But Rosol at 25 was a 100-150 player, while Mecir has yet to break into the top 200.
Therefore he has got some ground to cover.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If he plays like his Dad, it'll be a delight to watch

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
"Son of Mecir" sounds like a character from Lord of the Rings.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
nehmeth said:
1972Murat said:
nehmeth said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
"Son of Mecir" sounds like a character from Lord of the Rings.

Yes.

And Raonic looks like one.

Come on Nehmeth, tell us how you REALLY feel...;)

:puzzled Um, I think he looks like an Orc.

No , I mean how you REALLY REALLY feel...:D

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions