SHANGHAI ROLEX MASTERS - ATP-1000 - OCT. 6 to 13, 2013.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Front242 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Hopefully the Naderer h2h is added to at Basel.

As badly as Fed has played all year he played his best match of the year probably against Nadal at Cincy. That was outdoor where the FH to BH spin still works. It doesn't indoors so it's a bit early to get cocky. You should be more concerned with Nadal getting adequate practice on his worst surface and his opponent here is the defending champion at Basel and in blistering form. Del Potro is gonna be a top contender at the WTF now too.

I've never been concerned about Nadal's practice. He didn't need special results prior to the 2010 World Tour Finals, made the final there and took a set from Federer in that final. Nadal is ready to take the World Tour Finals crown.

Ya think. :lolz: His current form isn't allowing him to win any of the warm-up events and you think he can waltz into London and magically turn it on at a tournament he's never won? Right. :laydownlaughing

N

NADAL2005RG

kskate2 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Front242 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

As badly as Fed has played all year he played his best match of the year probably against Nadal at Cincy. That was outdoor where the FH to BH spin still works. It doesn't indoors so it's a bit early to get cocky. You should be more concerned with Nadal getting adequate practice on his worst surface and his opponent here is the defending champion at Basel and in blistering form. Del Potro is gonna be a top contender at the WTF now too.

I've never been concerned about Nadal's practice. He didn't need special results prior to the 2010 World Tour Finals, made the final there and took a set from Federer in that final. Nadal is ready to take the World Tour Finals crown.

Ya think. :lolz: His current form isn't allowing him to win any of the warm-up events and you think he can waltz into London and magically turn it on at a tournament he's never won? Right. :laydownlaughing

Did you learn nothing from the 2010 World Tour Finals? Nadal didn't need success indoors to be ready for that (and he made the WTF final, taking a set from Federer, and beat Murray in the semi and beat Djokovic in the RR). And I like his 2013 hardcourt form even more than 2010.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Has a newly crowned #1 ever been removed from the facilities in this manner (2 cans of whoop-ass opened in the span of 7 days)?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Has a newly crowned #1 ever been removed from the facilities in this manner (2 cans of whoop-ass opened in the span of 7 days)?

Probably Ivanovic, Safina, Jankovic or Wozniacki.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
kskate2 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Front242 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

Did you learn nothing from the 2010 World Tour Finals? Nadal didn't need success indoors to be ready for that (and he made the WTF final, taking a set from Federer, and beat Murray in the semi and beat Djokovic in the RR). And I like his 2013 hardcourt form even more than 2010.

Obviously you haven't learned anything either. 2010 was 3 years ago and the players are at different levels now. Can't compare those results with this year. Besides, getting to the final is not winning the thing, is it?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:

Your concern seems misguided and misplaced. It should be relegated to your boy getting supreme arse whoopins in back-to-back losses.

N

NADAL2005RG

kskate2 said:

Well he's only the 3rd man in history to receive the number one ranking for a 3rd time (Lendl, Federer are the others), so quite unique circumstances. Plus he's in the weakest stage of his season traditionally, and made the final last week, semis this week, so very good results and perfect preparation for the World Tour Finals (he avoided marathons).

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Great match by DP and a well deserved win. Let's see how he handles his third masters finals.

@kskate2: don't feed the trolls....

N

NADAL2005RG

kskate2 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

Your concern seems misguided and misplaced. It should be relegated to your boy getting supreme arse whoopins in back-to-back losses.

I'd rather straight sets losses in Asia than marathons in Asia. Got to get your priorities straight.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great match from Juan Martin. Now, he'd better play that well tomorrow, too. Vamos!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed took a set off Nadal at Cincy and has deliberately played crap all year to make sure he's energized enough for indoor season :D Winning sets is huge!

N

NADAL2005RG

My 2 favorite wins of Del Potro's career:
2009 US Open F vs Federer
2013 Shanghai SF vs Nadal

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
kskate2 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

I'd rather straight sets losses in Asia than marathons in Asia. Got to get your priorities straight.

True, it's better for Nadal to completely tire himself out in the slams instead for two reasons: you love watching players struggle with 5 set matches and clearly struggling with 6 hour matches sets you up for the rest of the season.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
NADAL2005RG said:
1972Murat said:
NADAL2005RG said:
I must admit I like the Nadjokovic matchup on hardcourt more than on clay. My favorite Nadjokovic matches have been the hardcourt meetings, so I enjoyed 2010 (when they met at US Open and World Tour Finals), 2011 (when they met at Indian Wells, Miami, US Open) and 2013. The more Nadjokovic hardcourt finals the merrier for me.

^Not the 2012 AO final, the 5 setter? I thought you like those man...the physical exertion and what not?;)

I said 2010, 2011, 2013. The reason why I didn't include 2012 is because they only met once that year on hardcourts. I like the years when they met multiple times on hardcourts, is the bottom line.

So you did not like that match , even though it had everything you described before as being your favorites, because they did not meet again on hards that year? Thanks for clarifying.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to Juan, good to see him playing well again. Huge step for him if he is able to take out Novak tomorrow. It's a very big match for both players (Nole still scrambling to try to get #1 back and DP looking for his biggest title since the USO) and I'm happy with whoever takes it.