SHANGHAI ROLEX MASTERS - ATP-1000 - OCT. 6 to 13, 2013.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The draw is out. Fed gets bad deal again. Fed faces Djokovic in the Quarterfinal this
time (obviously, if he manages to go that far).

The projected quarterfinals

Djokovic -- Federer
Ferrer --- Tsonga

-----------------------

Delpotro --- Berdych
Wwarinka --- Nadal

The draw is here.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/5014/mds.pdf

Also, if you are playing in fantasy game, your selections are due by
sat night (technically sunday 1 a.m. EDT). So, you have about 24 hours
or so to pick. Let the crystal balls go to work.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed is likely to play Hewitt in R32 and Gasquet in R16 before running into
Djokovic. I believe, he will at least make it there this time (unlike USO where the
block buster QF got derailed).

Fed has better chances against Gasquet than against Hewitt. Hewitt is in
form (he defeated Haas recently and defeated Del Potro in USO) and has prior
victories against Fed (including in Halle). So, either Fed goes out in the very
first match or else he plays Djoker. Gasquet would be mentally weak to defeat
Fed.

N

NADAL2005RG

This may be the most ideal draw I've ever seen. Pure perfection. Thank you Shanghai.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Nadal isn't too tired, then I expect him to be in final. The only player who could threat him in his half is John Isner. Other than that, he should make it to the final assuming he is not too tired.

N

NADAL2005RG

People say Isner is only great on hardcourts in America, and not great on hardcourts outside of America. He's proving that claim correct so far, as Berdych dispatched of him pretty comfortably.

zalvar

Masters Champion
Reactions
Ew. Isner. Always a pain to play against. GL Rafa :p

Nice to see fed! Hope he gets deep. I want him in the WTF!

N

NADAL2005RG

Fedjokovic is one entertaining rivalry. Can't wait to see that one. And I don't ever remember Federer ducking Djokovic.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Tough draw for Fed alright but if he makes it to meet Djokovic and can muster up that Cincy form he'll have a much better shot at a win than many think. No idea what his form is gonna be like though and surely gotta be a bit rusty. Interested to see if he's back to the old racquet again :/ Stubborn old git.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I much rather he face Djokovic than Berd or Rafa at this point. Djokovic isn't quite a wounded duck yet but he is getting there. Will be nice to see if he is playing with more spite and focus than we've seen all year.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
DarthFed said:
Well I much rather he face Djokovic than Berd or Rafa at this point. Djokovic isn't quite a wounded duck yet but he is getting there. Will be nice to see if he is playing with more spite and focus than we've seen all year.

I tend to agree with this. No matter how good Nole plays, I always feel like Roger has a chance against Nole.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
DarthFed said:

I tend to agree with this. No matter how good Nole plays, I always feel like Roger has a chance against Nole.

That's right. And he seems to raise his game for Nole, better than he does for Rafa...

EDIT: Isner's no turkey for Rafa in the third round, but Big John has to get past QUALIFIER first. QUALIFIER is the fittest man on tour: he's playing about 6 matches in round one alone... :lolz:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
DarthFed said:

Roger would have to step it up no doubt, but if he does he would likely win that match. Nole hasn't exactly fared well against great players the past 6 months, in fact he hasn't beaten one and has usually been creamed. The question is, can Roger still play great, it's been longer than 6 months since he has...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Less than 6 months if you count the 1.5 sets at Cincy versus Rafa which was pretty damn impressive. If he could rustle up that form for more than 1.5 sets he and his fans would be in for a treat. Very doubtful though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1.5 sets is not a match, the match ended with him easily beaten in the 3rd

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, he fought hard towards the end and he may he dragged it out a bit longer if the match point had been challenged. Still annoys me seeing a match won by an error that wasn't a winning point. Pfff.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He wouldn't have won that game anyways, that was the only time Rafa had a tough hold in the last 1.5 sets. That match was nothing to get excited about in regards to Roger. And the debacle at New York proved that

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
Did anyone see that Federer is playing doubles tomorrow with a Chinese player?

It was announced long time ago. The team was put together by the organizers.
The guy is Chinese No. 1 player. It is possible that Fed gets some appearance fee
for that (I don't know for sure). If Fed wanted to play doubles, he would not
pick that Chinese player as his partner for sure.

N

NADAL2005RG

Its a great privilege to be part of the Shanghai Masters, one of my 10 favorite tennis events in world history.
davydenko-nadal-afpjpg.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Its a great privilege to be part of the Shanghai Masters, one of my 10 favorite tennis events in world history.
davydenko-nadal-afpjpg.jpg

Looks like Rafa is wearing a kilt there. Hoots mon!