Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sara in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
World #1 and defending Champion Serena Williams versus Italy's own Sara Errani, the top Italian.

H2H is 6-0 in favor of Serena, this is the third 6-0 match-up in this event! The other two ended 6-1

1405171258467300988_o.jpg

VERSUS
1405170746280050377_o.jpg

Who wins?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Serena in 2 ... while blindfolded ... with one arm strapped behind her back ... wearing ill-fitting shoes.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena in straight sets....she will be too strong for Sara...though the Italian crowd will be on her side for sure.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think they could be two close sets if Serena gets rattled by the crowd, but I think Serena should have this in straights. Serena should be fine as it won't come as a surprise as to who the crowd is rooting for in this contest.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I think they could be two close sets if Serena gets rattled by the crowd, but I think Serena should have this in straights. Serena should be fine as it won't come as a surprise as to who the crowd is rooting for in this contest.

She has too much experience to allow something like that to bother her to the point where it would actually affect her game.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

She has too much experience to allow something like that to bother her to the point where it would actually affect her game.

I agree for the most part, but stranger things have happened. I didn't think Serena would take as drastic a dip as she did in set 2 against Ana, but things happen. She is defending champion, and the Italians are excited about having a contender this year. So, it could happen. I am by no means predicting a Sara Errani win, but I could see Serena getting distracted if only temporarily and making it closer than it should have been. I have no doubts in my mind that Serena wants a tournament win on clay to boost momentum before heading to Roland Garros where I could see a bit of nerves come into play as defending champion.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

I agree for the most part, but stranger things have happened. I didn't think Serena would take as drastic a dip as she did in set 2 against Ana, but things happen. She is defending champion, and the Italians are excited about having a contender this year. So, it could happen. I am by no means predicting a Sara Errani win, but I could see Serena getting distracted if only temporarily and making it closer than it should have been. I have no doubts in my mind that Serena wants a tournament win on clay to boost momentum before heading to Roland Garros where I could see a bit of nerves come into play as defending champion.

Ah, I see what you mean. Well stated.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

You may wanted to revisited the French Open 2003 and 2012.

I don't expect the Italian crowd to be anywhere as hostile and disrespectful as the French.

R

Rose

tented said:
Serena in 2 ... while blindfolded ... with one arm strapped behind her back ... wearing ill-fitting shoes.

:laydownlaughing I'm with you! However since no Italian has won the Tournament since 1960 it would be nice if Sara could win :D

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
With such a strong crowd support, I truly believe Sarah will avoid going down in two
Golden Bagel sets.

Is not Sarah the one who went down a set without winning a point against someone
(is it Shevoda)?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

In order to take care of this kind of situations only, Richard William paid some folks to
yell at Serena in Compton when she was playing in court. :blush:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Calvy said:
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

I don't expect the Italian crowd to be anywhere as hostile and disrespectful as the French.

I don't remember those matches off-hand, but I'll trust you since I know how crowds can be there.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
I mean...do we really need a poll for this?

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
Calvy said:
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

I don't remember those matches off-hand, but I'll trust you since I know how crowds can be there.

I remember the 2012 crowd....insanity. Shouting and making noise while she was serving... Eruptions of applause at the prospect of a 2nd serve. Really hard to watch.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
golds girl said:
tented said:
Calvy said:
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

I remember the 2012 crowd....insanity. Shouting and making noise while she was serving... Eruptions of applause at the prospect of a 2nd serve. Really hard to watch.

That's terrible. It's so rude and inappropriate.

Yeah, this is reminding me how awful the RG crowd can be.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Calvy said:
tented said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

Add the Beijing Olympics to this list.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena's second serve and the double faults are making this contest much harder than it has to be. The good news is that since Errani's serve is so weak Serena is in every game.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
^ Let's face it. Serena's 2nd serve (even a DF) will be faster than Sara's 1st serve. Serena can win w/ a "C" game today.