• Sara in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
^ Let's face it. Serena's 2nd serve (even a DF) will be faster than Sara's 1st serve. Serena can win w/ a "C" game today.

Oh I know, I was just amazed that it took Serena that long to win a point on her second serve.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I do think the crowd is probably helping Errani put more fight than she has typically shown against Serena.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena's approaching this all wrong. It appears she's trying to placate the crowd by not hitting too hard and blowing Sara off the court. The best way to shut up a crowd is take away anything they would have to cheer about and mow Sara down quickly.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The break back for Sara…and we're even again!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Yikes, well she just gave the crowd a reason to get into this match.

Now you see what I'm talking about.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Serena's approaching this all wrong. It appears she's trying to placate the crowd by not hitting too hard and blowing Sara off the court. The best way to shut up a crowd is take away anything they would have to cheer about and mow Sara down quickly.

I sincerely doubt that's true. I don't think she's capable of that. More likely what the commentators say…that Sara's slow pace throws Serena off.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The same thing happened to JJ yesterday. JJ had a break lead several times and after Sara's coach came on court, Sara reeled off several games in a row and won both sets. JJ could never stop the slide once it got going. Serena has to avoid that pitfall and keep the aggression coming.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You know though Serena does like Errani, so maybe she is making more of a show out of it than she typically would since they are in front of Errani's crowd. I don't think even Serena is heartless enough to mow down someone in front of their home crowd.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:

I sincerely doubt that's true. I don't think she's capable of that. More likely what the commentators say…that Sara's slow pace throws Serena off.
She's entirely capable of playing tentatively. It's not her game, but sometimes she gets caught up in not being aggressive.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
You know though Serena does like Errani, so maybe she is making more of a show out of it than she typically would since they are in front of Errani's crowd. I don't think even Serena is heartless enough to mow down someone in front of their home crowd.
That's my point. You have to remove emotion and go for your shots. Not allow the crowd to get involved.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
OK that was weird. A MTO for Sara and she goes off court pointing at her hip. She's back now and jogs out of the locker room. Serena to serve for it 5-3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, winning the first set should loosen her up.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
People say Serena isn't a good sportsman, that was nice of her to concede.

People say that who don't know anything about sports. I've never seen her take a point or an advantage she didn't earn. The word cheat doesn't come to mind when she plays.