Roger's Cup (Women) - Toronto

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
could be the elbow, could be the finger, could be she doesn't care all that much about this tournament. It's a loss and only her 2nd of the year. I suspect she'll learn from it and move on.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bencic is a sweet young lady I dont think she will be bragging....she seems grounded.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
Well, maybe this will wake up Serena for the Open.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
I would just like to say that I am proud of Serena's effort.. She mounted a very valiant comeback and she has NOTHIN to be ashamed of. So let's congrats the young teenager.. She out played Serena at the end and I am quite sure that they will have some great matches.. Please no one say anything negative about Bencic , she is very deserving and besides she is being mentored(coaching) by my :heart::basiate Hingis..

I don't know what match you were watching, but, outplayed is not the term I'd use. Serena stunk up the joint.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
her groundies are horrible...she better play Cincy just to work on her game.I think pova and Vika ares saying why cant they do what Bencic did...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Calvy said:
the AntiPusher said:
I would just like to say that I am proud of Serena's effort.. She mounted a very valiant comeback and she has NOTHIN to be ashamed of. So let's congrats the young teenager.. She out played Serena at the end and I am quite sure that they will have some great matches.. Please no one say anything negative about Bencic , she is very deserving and besides she is being mentored(coaching) by my :heart::basiate Hingis..

I don't know what match you were watching, but, outplayed is not the term I'd use. Serena stunk up the joint.
Listen to the operative words "Out played at the end of the match" . That's all I am referencing .. I only watched the last 8 games of the match. I think I am pretty accurate with that analysis .

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am sure Serena will take this loss as she always takes them as a means of improving. Definitely needs to work on the ground game. It was flat through out the tournament, but very much so during this match.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sundaymorningguy said:
I am sure Serena will take this loss as she always takes them as a means of improving. Definitely needs to work on the ground game. It was flat through out the tournament, but very much so during this match.

I think you're understating it! She's been like this all season, barely getting though opponents in 3 sets; most I don't even know! She's been fortunate that they crack near the finish line and Serena gets the ball back to allow them an error! Check her scores; it's been horrible! :cover :eyepop :nono :angel:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Calvy said:
Well, maybe this will wake up Serena for the Open.

Serena doesn't need a wake up a call.. she cant get "up " for every match. All that matters is the Slams.. now the US Open.. She will clean and tighten up her sloppy play.. this match wasn't important but let's give the teenage Bencic credit , she did what she had too.. Serera didn't seem to be to upset.. All is still right in the world

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
they are showing the Serena and Venus story on my tv...Serena and Esther were very friendly....so sweet ..wonder what happened to their relationship

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I know she has won three slams this year, but I am wondering if her hitting partner is the right person for her team. Her ground game just hasn't been right all year. She is fortunate to have found it at the right moments or play mentally fragile people who couldn't capitalize so far this year when it mattered.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
However, Serena at a slam is a far different matter than at a regular tournament. She lost in a manner that still sends a message that it isn't that easy to get rid of me.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
According to most people she wouldn't win a game if she actually played a man so why does it matter all that much which male is her hitting partner? Obviously there's an adjustment period w/ a new hitting partner, but she has to be past that by now. I don't think that's what's causing these highs and lows.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think there is more to a hitting partner than just the hitting for Serena. It was quite evident with her relationship with Sasha that she looks for more than just hitting with her. Who knows maybe she is finally just starting to feel her age.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
maybe she needs a new racket because she keeps looking at her racket....

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
But that's not something you can change right before a slam

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Patrick destroyed her relationship with Esther, they used to have lots of fun..