Rogers Cup 2023, Montreal, Canada - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good win from Danielle Collins who defeated Elina Svitolina 62 62
Collins had to play qualies to get to the main draw in Montreal
1st time winning back to back matches in 5 months!
( apparently Danielle went and saw the Barbie movie last night and cannot get out of her head the Barbie song lol)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Her match began a few minutes ago, in a windy Montreal.
Yes I'm watching. A nerveous beginning. Her brother who is commentating the game says that she has her illness under control and that it's not worse from when she won the AO.

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Yes I'm watching. A nerveous beginning. Her brother who is commentating the game says that she has her illness under control and that it's not worse from when she won the AO.
I think she looks very good so far. Sure, she got broken immediately, but she broke back, and has an opportunity to go up a break.

EDIT: Classic Wozniacki point to get to 1-2, 15-40.

EDIT: She’s up a break, 3-1! :clap:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is the best kind of match for Caro. It will allow her to work her way back to playing on the tour. This girl doesn't possess raw power and will make her hit a ton of shots. She could have faced anybody and really lucked out.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the best kind of match for Caro. It will allow her to work her way back to playing on the tour. This girl doesn't possess raw power and will make her hit a ton of shots. She could have faced anybody and really lucked out.
I dont see the Aussie girl giving Caro any trouble

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Except they’ve only played 5 games in 30 minutes … how is her endurance in her first match back?
Pretty good, seeing it is her first match back, typical points that Caroline plays

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's good to see Caro back in tour,and am sure she knows how a lot of them play.I am sure Mr Woz and wife are also very happy to be back on tour.Mr Wozniack is itching to come down and give a pep talk.

Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I dont think Caroline wouldnt come back to the tour if she wasnt ready, she has always been a hard worker.
I didn’t say she wasn’t ready. I was just wondering how she would manage being in an actual match vs. practicing — the standard concern when someone is playing their first match after being away for a while. It’s one thing to train like crazy and be in good shape; it’s another to play a long match, with both physical and mental ramifications.

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn’t say she wasn’t ready. I was just wondering how she would manage being in an actual match vs. practicing — the standard concern when someone is playing their first match after being away for a while. It’s one thing to train like crazy and be in good shape; it’s another to play a long match, with both physical and mental ramifications.
I have to agree with Kskate, the Aussie girl Birrell is a good first match for Caroline,who really dosent have any weapons to upset Caroline, good first match for Caroline to get rhythm, her bhand was always her best shot. seeing it is her first match back she looks okay physically

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Phew she made it in style although she said she was rusty. Nothing to say against that but in between we saw the old Caro. Even the sun came by to greet her
1691519181012.png

caro.jpg

carostat.jpg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Caroline Wozniacki will face Wimbledon champ Marketa Vondrousova in her next match

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carolina was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I am wondering if she has this under control, maybe she has, seeing she has decided to comeback to tennis
No. That's how it works..I think it operates like Venus's autoimmune illness..it's flares up and you just have to deal with it...I think I'm correct? I think you're in the medical field.. Rheumatoid Arthritis is an unfaithful spouse that unfortunately you can't get a divorce from

Reactions: lomaha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No. That's how it works..I think it operates like Venus's autoimmune illness..it's flares up and you just have to deal with it...I think I'm correct? I think you're in the medical field.. Rheumatoid Arthritis is an unfaithful spouse that unfortunately you can't get a divorce from
No you cannot get over it,you have to manage it like Vee has to do over the years, rheumatoid arthristis is autoimmune disease, there are many options you can try today to manage it, just have to find that one that works for you.