Rogers Cup 2022, Toronto, Canada - WTA 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena lucky to get out of that service game, I have never seen Diaz play before, though she is bringing it to Serena and not backing away
I've seen her play this year. She got to the final 4 in Monterrey and she featured at one of the clay court tournaments too. BH is her best shot, but if I had to compare her to someone, I would say she reminds me of Aranxta. A defensive player by nature.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She needed that. She needs as many matches or time on the court being tested as she can muster. It all helps w/ learning how to work the points and gaining some rhythm.
Serena's draw for Toronto is tricky from the first match, she passed the first test

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Two one slam American wonders on stadium court. The only good thing about this match, apparently one of them has to win to keep the draw moving.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Two one slam American wonders on stadium court. The only good thing about this match, apparently one of them has to win to keep the draw moving.
I am going to watch Kenin v Stephens, interested to see Kenin, who has been off the tour for months, with injury, also disappointed with Sloane and her matches this year, she appears still to be in 'honeymoon mode'...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just tuning into the match between Sloane Stephens, looks great in pale lavender, and Sofia Kenin, who has been off the tour for months with injury. Sloane won the 1st set 62, as expected Kenin showing lots of rust in her game.
Sloane serving for the match had 3 MPs and was broken? honestly Sloane. The rallies have been long, in this match, Kenin showing glimpses of her former self, I see she has reunited with her Dad as her coach.
After being down 5-1 in the 2nd set Kenin breaks Slaone serving for the match a second time ....5 all....
Sloane as usual has done a 'walkabout' she was in total control of this match
Kenin won the t/break 76(5)...going to a 3rd set. Matches suspended due to rain in Toronto at present

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
After that marathon game, Serena needs to break and get out of this match for I fear a 3rd set is coming otherwise.
Team(Serena Fans) this exactly what the doctor's for the GOAT. Long grinding points for Serena and using that ability to problem solving ala( Rafa's and Novak's games). I'm so glad that she was able to break and stay away a 3set . I am encouraged that she can play herself into form and make it to the weekend. God Bless! Vamos Serena

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Team(Serena Fans) this exactly what the doctor's for the GOAT. Long grinding points for Serena and using that ability to problem solving ala( Rafa's and Novak's games). I'm so glad that she was able to break and stay away a 3set . I am encouraged that she can play herself into form and make it to the weekend. God Bless! Vamos Serena
Your not watching your fav player Madison at present...shame on you :)

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Can you send your very poor AP your TC plus Login and pWd via PM Miss Margaret so I can see Maddie.. jajaja
I am watching via my tennis channel ....suggest you go to the SB at WTA tennis, Maddie lost the 1st set
I am also watching Sloane v Kennin, of course Sloane does her usual walk about and was up 5-1 in the 2nd set and then lost it in a t/break UGH

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shelby Rogers, a finalist at Sand Jose has been added to the main draw, joining Venus Williams, Sofia Kenin and Sloane Stephens

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's a good win to get rid of cobwebs