Rogers Cup 2021, Montreal, Canada - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This was one wacky q/final Pegula d Jabeur
Obviously, but why?
Jess played first strike tennis,Ons just faded....I think Ons needs to get to her physical trainer and work harder,it is not the first time she faded in matches,she has to be able to go the distance in matches

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That was one wacky q/final ....well done to Jess defeated Ons 16 76(4) 60 to make her first WTA1000 s/final where she will play Giorgi.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Pliskova (4) defeats Sabalenka (1) 63 64 to make her 3rd final this year she will play the winner of Pegula ( her bestie) and Giorgi in the next s/final.
Pliskova is slated to re-enter the Top 5 of the WTA singles rankings after defeating Sabalenka,when the rankings come out on Monday.Pliskova has won 12 of her last 14 matches.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just want to say the 'bad sportsmanship' shown by Sabalenka after she lost the match,she did not even look Karolina at the net and say good match even if she was disappointed with the loss and just gave her hand quickly and went back to her seat,even the commentators said it was not a 'good look'and were disappointed with her actions.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have to go out quickly and will record the match between Pegula vs Giorgi
Camila won the 1st set 63....Jess had a MTO and looked tired to me,though has found her game in the 2nd set and leads 4-2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Giorgi wins. Shame that @DarthFed has given up on tennis. She was a favorite of his...though not for her tennis.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just got home was checking the scores while out...will finish watching the match
Giorgi has had a great week making the final beating top players along the way

Giorgi d Pegula 63 36 61

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Karolina Pliskova (4) vs Camila Giorgi

Pliskova leads their H2H 5-3.Giorgi has won both their matches this year,Eastbourne (grass),recently in straight sets at Tokyo Olympic Games (HC).
Pliskova has won 12 of her 14 matches.
Giorgi on her way to the final has defeated,Mertens,Kvitova,Gauff,until she played Pegula in the s.finals has not lost a set all week.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just want to say the 'bad sportsmanship' shown by Sabalenka after she lost the match,she did not even look Karolina at the net and say good match even if she was disappointed with the loss and just gave her hand quickly and went back to her seat,even the commentators said it was not a 'good look'and were disappointed with her actions.
I never really had that much confidence in Sabelenka...

It's funny yesterday the commentator who was trying to analyze the match on TC with Paul Anacone mentioned the ladies height..he said.. Karolina Pliskova was 6'11 and Sabelenka was 5'11.. Jajaja..I guess he wasn't wearing his reading glasses.. jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I never really had that much confidence in Sabelenka...

It's funny yesterday the commentator who was trying to analyze the match on TC with Paul Anacone mentioned the ladies height..he said.. Karolina Pliskova was 6'11 and Sabelenka was 5'11.. Jajaja..I guess he wasn't wearing his reading glasses.. jajaja
Sabalenka apart from her 'howling' which is really a turn off,can be a Drama Queen on court.She is very emotional,that at times can work against her.Yesterday she just threw her racquet away after the match and showed 'bad sportsmanship'.She has had some good wins this year,especially in GS tournaments,where she has failed in the past to get to a q/final in singles,she also is an excellent doubles player.Her antic's yesterday was a 'turn off' for me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Camila wins the 1st set 63...one thing that has impressed me with Camila this week,she is playing with controlled aggression and just not 'going for broke' on her shots and it has paid off.Karolina getting frustrated in the 1st set,her serve was the one thing that helped her.Camila also exposing the movement of Karolina,which most players try to do.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Camila wins the 1st set 63...one thing that has impressed me with Camila this week,she is playing with controlled aggression and just not 'going for broke' on her shots and it has paid off.Karolina getting frustrated in the 1st set,her serve was the one thing that helped her.Camila also exposing the movement of Karolina,which most players try to do.
My pic was the Miss Hottie Italian..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This match is slipping away from Karolina,she is soo predicable with her play,she needs to 'mix it up' Camila is reading her serve well.