Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree it's self-serving on Rafa's part to try to get the WTF to be played on clay. I also agree it's his fault (for lack of a better word) that he hasn't done better at indoor tournaments.

Nadal has never asked for the WTF to be played on clay, he said that it should be a rotation for all three surfaces. This is supposed to be a tournament that is played by the 8 best players of the year based on how they played on hardcourt grass and clay. So to always punish certain type of players while favouring another type of players makes the whole point of this tournament stupid. This is not a regular tournament but kind of a final showdown between the best 8 players of the year, so it’s logical that not only superfast court players always end up with the advantage.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal has never asked for the WTF to be played on clay, he said that it should be a rotation for all three surfaces. This is supposed to be a tournament that is played by the 8 best players of the year based on how they played on hardcourt grass and clay. So to always punish certain type of players while favouring another type of players makes the whole point of this tournament stupid. This is not a regular tournament but kind of a final showdown between the best 8 players of the year, so it’s logical that not only superfast court players always end up with the advantage.
I agree it should be switched from grass, clay hard courts that's fair for all players not just Nadal.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I agree it's self-serving on Rafa's part to try to get the WTF to be played on clay. I also agree it's his fault (for lack of a better word) that he hasn't done better at indoor tournaments.

I think the tourney should go back on the rode like it used to back in the 70's; on different surfaces & moved around the world! :whistle: :eek: :rolleyes:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How many times do people have to say it before the Nadal camp give up?! The WTF is the ONLY big tournament played indoors. Many of the top players are either exhausted at the Paris masters or skip the tournament completely which leaves only 1 big event left. Nadal is shit indoors but that's not the reason to change things. They have slams on every on surface already and multiple masters. The WTF should always be played indoors and if Nadal isn't good enough, then he should practice more indoors.

Aren't you the guy that complains that there aren't enough grass court tournaments, or Roger would have more titles? Well there aren't a lot of indoor HC tournaments, either, if that's an actual and separate thing. So if you want to know why Nadal hasn't won very many, you should look at the fact that there aren't very many indoor HC tournaments. Why have Roger and Novak won so many clay tournaments? Because there are a lot to go around. Why has Rafa only won one indoor HC tournament, because there are so few, and Roger and Novak have sucked them up. Pretty obvious.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Either way when the likes of Sampras and Connors used to play it was real indoor but when Federer now plays it's homogenized fake indoor so I don't know what Federer fans are bragging about. :bye: B-)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

The WTF is very far away from super fast. It's the bounce he doesn't like there not the speed, 'cos it's actually a pretty slow court and has become slower and slower. Also, it's not logical to suddenly change to clay or grass out of nowhere in November with no warm up prior events. That's the whole reason they have small events like Basel and Vienna and then the Paris masters so players can adjust to the indoor courts before the WTF. It would be absolutely crazy to go from the USO to the Asian outdoor hard courts, then indoor at Basel and Paris and suddenly expect players to jump immediately to grass or clay. Their timing of the ball and overall games would be completely out of synch.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Aren't you the guy that complains that there aren't enough grass court tournaments, or Roger would have more titles? Well there aren't a lot of indoor HC tournaments, either, if that's an actual and separate thing. So if you want to know why Nadal hasn't won very many, you should look at the fact that there aren't very many indoor HC tournaments. Why have Roger and Novak won so many clay tournaments? Because there are a lot to go around. Why has Rafa only won one indoor HC tournament, because there are so few, and Roger and Novak have sucked them up. Pretty obvious.

Basel, Vienna, Paris, WTF. 4. He cleans up on clay all the time. If he was better on indoor he has 4 events there to potentially win. It's a fact that Roger would have way more masters and overall titles if there were more grass events and also why the masters numbers held by the big 3 are not weighed in his favour. As to why Roger and Novak have won so many clay tournaments, that's easily answered (and I already have), 'cos they're much better on their worst surface than Rafa is.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Either way when the likes of Sampras and Connors used to play it was real indoor but when Federer now plays it's homogenized fake indoor so I don't know what Federer fans are bragging about. :bye: B-)

Homogenized and fake are the very reasons Nadal has so many titles so you should be happy.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree it should be switched from grass, clay hard courts that's fair for all players not just Nadal.

I've explained here why that makes no sense.

https://www.tennisfrontier.com/tenn...ada-atp-masters-1000.6585/page-24#post-396989

Bottom line is this: if you're not good at something, you practice till you get better. In the work environment that may mean your manager recognizes you need more training, for example. But asking for something to be changed 'cos you're not good at it or changed to something more favourable for you is like asking for the answers at an exam.

Life is tough and, as I said, if you're not good enough at something you practice more/train harder instead of just asking for things to be made easier for you. Going back to the work example, if someone isn't good enough at something, the manager is not likely to go and give you a much easier task just to suit you, they're gonna either give you more training to get you up to speed or get someone else to do the job.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I've explained here why that makes no sense.

https://www.tennisfrontier.com/tenn...ada-atp-masters-1000.6585/page-24#post-396989

Bottom line is this: if you're not good at something, you practice till you get better. In the work environment that may mean your manager recognizes you need more training, for example. But asking for something to be changed 'cos you're not good at it or changed to something more favourable for you is like asking for the answers at an exam.

Life is tough and, as I said, if you're not good enough at something you practice more/train harder instead of just asking for things to be made easier for you. Going back to the work example, if someone isn't good enough at something, the manager is not likely to go and give you a much easier task just to suit you, they're gonna either give you more training to get you up to speed or get someone else to do the job.
Bottle line is winning a masters title in indoor conditions makes Nadal good at that part of the season. plus 2 runner ups wtp as well, sorry tell you but Nadal being good indoors is just a fact, because beats 95% of players there Yea I'm I think Nadal and his fan's will be fine. Finally I will say a again indoor season has no grand slam event so nobody cares it's iust ranking points and extra credit your so dumb that you don't about stuff that really matters like winning the grand slam titles oh wait you can't because Nadal won all of them so pull lame stuff like indoors out of nowhere:cuckoo::yesyes:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Bottle line is winning a masters title in indoor conditions makes Nadal good at that part of the season. plus 2 runner ups wtp as well, sorry tell you but Nadal being good indoors is just a fact, because beats 95% of players there Yea I'm I think Nadal and his fan's will be fine. Finally I will say a again indoor season has no grand slam event so nobody cares it's iust ranking points and extra credit your so dumb that you don't about stuff that really matters like winning the grand slam titles oh wait you can't because Nadal won all of them so pull lame stuff like indoors out of nowhere:cuckoo::yesyes:

First of all I didn't start the debate about the WTF or indoors events and have merely been replying to illogical posts so I didn't pull any lame stuff out of nowhere and secondly, good comeback trying to defend Nadal's whole 1 indoor title with you're so dumb. I post facts and all I get is you're so dumb. It's not my fault he's no good indoors so you should take it on out on him. Send him some fan love letter asking him to practice more indoors.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
First of all I didn't start the debate about the WTF or indoors events and have merely been replying to illogical posts so I didn't pull any lame stuff out of nowhere and secondly, good comeback trying to defend Nadal's whole 1 indoor title with you're so dumb. I post facts and all I get is you're so dumb. It's not my fault he's no good indoors so you should take it on out on him. Send him some fan love letter asking him to practice more indoors.
Thats is good indoors records because that masters title and also two wtf finals as well we know Nadal lost in the finals of 2010/13 but still a great he got to the finals, just because he did not win does not take away anything from the way Nadal played at those events. No Nadal does not need to train more indoor conditions he still beat your ass in under a hour:D plus why you keep going on about something that does not event have a grand slam event at the end of it. extra credit man don't have anything else hate on Nadal Lol:lulz1: like Federer being the biggest choker of all time 21 times;)

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
A real shame that the Russian bent over for Nadull in Canada.

Could've slayed two demons in consecutive weeks which may have been one of the most impressive achievements by a non-big 3 in a MS event in recent memory. Much better than Ziraffe beating injured opponents in MS finals.