Poll : 2014 USO Men's semifinal : Federer / Cilic

Poll : 2014 USO Men's semifinal : Federer / Cilic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I'm always uncomfortable when Murray is mentioned in the same light as the other 3. Not in the same class. Never has been...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
This is a great opportunity lost for Fed. No Rafa, No Murray, No Novak, nice time to steal
a GS.

May be Fed would have played little better if he had gotten of the court sooner in QF,
but I still think he would not have won against this Marin with Bomb serves.

Anyway, I think this is it. Fed will NEVER WIN another slam except possibly in Wimbledon.

The one thing that's apparent from this tournament is that it's from now on going to be a whole lot more difficult for ANY of the top players to win slams from now with the emergence of so many contenders. The bookies made a fortune today. An absolute ton of money lost by millions worldwide. If Kei remains fit, Cilic keeps serving and playing like he is now and if Kyrgios improves, with the way the top guns are out of it somewhat, we may see others winning slams next year also. So in that case, so much for 18, 15, 8 and 3.

I, for one, wouldn't be too upset if none of the big 4 ever won another slam! :lolz:

Me either :D I like the numbers as they stand now :cool:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
there is a small chance that roger murray and rafa do not win any more majors.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

For sure but each slam and year that goes by hurt their chances and increase those of the younger contenders.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

For sure but each slam and year that goes by hurt their chances and increase those of the younger contenders.

This was definitely an opportunity for Roger and Novak. These guys are not gonna be less confident next year, that's for sure.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Front242 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

This was definitely an opportunity for Roger and Novak. These guys are not gonna be less confident next year, that's for sure.

That's true Riot. Also, Roger and Nole are not getting younger and they have their own families now so their focus would not be the same as this year.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Front242 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

Yup and the rest will keep getting better too. Real opportunity missed for both guys but equally gotta hand to both the winners today. Well deserved and superb performances by Nishikori and Cilic.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Riotbeard said:
Front242 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

Yup and the rest will keep getting better too. Real opportunity missed for both guys but equally gotta hand to both the winners today. Well deserved and superb performances by Nishikori and Cilic.

Of course, all credit due. You don't beat those guys without earning, but it would be calling fiction fact to say that they wouldn't have begged for those semi's opponents beforehand.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ We can safely add the 2 winners today to the list top guys would now be happy to avoid!

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Who needs vowels?

Bw4rTygCcAAZ4mX.jpg

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
in reality, looking back after the event..it wasn't an opportunity..

as federer looked like a 33yr old bloke who'd played 65 approx matches already this year and had a 5 setter the other day.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ They say the camera adds 10lbs but Roger's shoulders look enormous there. Very broad.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bleh, sometimes cheaters win. Go Kei I guess.

lindseywagners

Futures Player
Reactions
Front242 said:
^ They say the camera adds 10lbs but Roger's shoulders look enormous there. Very broad.

I remember that David Foster Wallace remarked on his broad shoulders in the "religious experience" piece.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the 1 st final in 10 plus years that will not have one of the big Four as part of the finals. What an astonishing run by Fed, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray. I really thought it would be Berdych or JowillieTs breaking through since Rafael was not participating. Well, I have to be honest, this is a Rafa fans dream. The number is still 17. Yippee

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
This is the 1 st final in 10 plus years that will not have one of the big Four as part of the finals. What an astonishing run by Fed, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray. I really thought it would be Berdych or JowillieTs breaking through since Rafael was not participating. Well, I have to be honest, this is a Rafa fans dream. The number is still 17. Yippee

1. It is not technically 10+ years as the last time this happened was 2005 AO (there is a whole
thread on it) and we are still in 2014.

2. The corrected statement would be true even if we drop Murray (sorry, Murray fans)
from the equation. Since 2005 FO, in each GS final there was either Roger or Rafa or Novak in it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:

1. It is not technically 10+ years as the last time this happened was 2005 AO (there is a whole
thread on it) and we are still in 2014.

2. The corrected statement would be true even if we drop Murray (sorry, Murray fans)
from the equation. Since 2005 FO, in each GS final there was either Roger or Rafa or Novak in it.

GSM..I didnt see the AO 2005 thread.. I still however i am still :D because there will be a finals with no Fed

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8O08yY5-OU[/video]

N

NADAL2005RG

JesuslookslikeBorg said:

I think there is a big chance Federer and Murray won't win any more slams; especially Federer because he might not have much time left :nono
But considering Nadal was better at AO, RG and Wimbledon this year than he was last year, looks like Nadal has a great chance at more slam titles :clap