This weeks games:

Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at San Diego
Green Bay at Detroit
New York Giants at Washington
Carolina at Tampa Bay
New England at Miami
New Orleans at Atlanta

All of these have some relevance to the playoff picture, whether making the last NFC berth or seedings throughout the playoffs.

Some tough matches to call in there and could be an unpredictable week.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Oakland - Playing for a lot and a loss is a better result for Denver as there are going to be a lot of teams bunched up at 8-8.
Kansas City
Going with Green Bay, they are hot, Rodgers is looking like the demigod he was before the middle of last season. He makes up for a ton of deficiencies, if he had played like this from the start of the season GB would be sitting on 2 or 3 losses even with garbage defense/coaching.

Redskins. This is a big game for GB and Detroit as they both clinch a spot before their game Sunday night if Washington loses. For some reason I had thought this game was in New York which gave me hope the Giants might win. The Giants have nothing to play for and Washington has everything to play for.

Carolina at Tampa - Tampa
New England at Miami - Pats
New Orleans at Atlanta - Atlanta. A win in this game and they clinch the #2 seed and I think that should be enough to get Matt Ryan the MVP.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denver
KC
Green Bay
Redskins
Tampa
Patriots
Saints

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Oakland at Denver ------------------------- Oakland
Kansas City at San Diego ---------------- Kansas City
Green Bay at Detroit ----------------------- Green Bay
New York Giants at Washington -------- Washington
Carolina at Tampa Bay -------------------- Tampa Bay
New England at Miami --------------------- New England
New Orleans at Atlanta -------------------- Atlanta

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oakland at Denver ------------------------- Oakland
Kansas City at San Diego ---------------- San Diego
Green Bay at Detroit ----------------------- Green Bay
New York Giants at Washington -------- Washington
Carolina at Tampa Bay -------------------- Tampa Bay
New England at Miami --------------------- New England
New Orleans at Atlanta -------------------- New Orleans

Having to go for a couple of surprises to try and claw Billie back in. (San Diego and New Orleans). Nearly backed against the Raiders but couldn't bring myself to do it against the Donkeys.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
:facepalm: Horrible day for me in the NFL.

Raiders get routed by Denver 24-6. Matt McGloin was a much use as a chocolate fireguard. Managed to throw for a staggering 21 yards in the first half before getting knocked out of the game. Third string rookie Connor Cook at least had a respectable day himself with 150 yds and a touchdown in the second half.

Raiders finish 12-4 but forced into a wildcard berth with KC taking the division. Will now travel to Houston for a game on Saturday. Just a few days to get Cook some snaps in practice... he has to start ahead of McGloin... The playoff outlook looks grim for Oakland without Carr.

My 2 punt picks also fell short so Billie will be crowned champ!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck for your boys Baron. 12-4 is usually good enough for the #2 seed let alone a division title. And to lose Carr sucks, they'd have locked down the #2 seed today if he was playing and been a real threat in the playoffs. They may still beat a weak Houston team but they have no prayer after that.

GB continues the hot streak. Rodgers is playing like God in football cleats but they aren't going far with that defense. It sucks that they are also playing a pretty hot Giants team next week. I'm just glad AR is making me eat my words. After 1 year + of average or barely above average play I figured his time as an elite QB was done. Now he's back to being quite frankly the best there is, hope he's here to stay.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck for your boys Baron. 12-4 is usually good enough for the #2 seed let alone a division title. And to lose Carr sucks, they'd have locked down the #2 seed today if he was playing and been a real threat in the playoffs. They may still beat a weak Houston team but they have no prayer after that.

GB continues the hot streak. Rodgers is playing like God in football cleats but they aren't going far with that defense. It sucks that they are also playing a pretty hot Giants team next week. I'm just glad AR is making me eat my words. After 1 year + of average or barely above average play I figured his time as an elite QB was done. Now he's back to being quite frankly the best there is, hope he's here to stay.

AR is simply outstanding. I'm not looking forward to playing you guys. I don't think we win but....if we do my belief in another Giants over Pats SB will ratchet up dramatically :drums:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Giants are tough but the Packers got a lot to payback. The SB path figures to be Giants, at Dallas and then at Atlanta. I don't like our chances. What's being lost here among the local fans is that this team underachieved badly yet again in the regular season and the path to the SB is very difficult. no one would have been pleased with 10-6 before the year, that's pathetic. They're only pleased with 10-6 after a retarded 4-6 start. I'd still be happy as a clam if management was gutted after this year barring a SB win but I know the circus is here to stay.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scores on the Doors

Oakland at Denver - BRONCOS (Moxie)
Kansas City at San Diego - CHIEFS (Billie, Moxie, Twisted)
Green Bay at Detroit - PACKERS (Billie, Britbox, Moxie, Twisted)
New York Giants at Washington - GIANTS (Nobody)
Carolina at Tampa Bay - PANTHERS (Billie, Britbox, Moxie, Twisted)
New England at Miami - PATS (Billie, Britbox, Moxie, Twisted)
New Orleans at Atlanta - FALCONS (Billie, Twisted)

Weekly Scores

Moxie 5
Billie 5
Twisted 5
Britbox 3
Carol 2
Federberg 2
Tyler D 2

FINAL STANDINGS

97 @Billie (92+5)
93 @britbox (90+3)
83 @Moxie (78+5)
81 @Twisted (76+5)
57 @Carol (55+2)
46 @Tyler D (44+2)
44 @Federberg (42+2)

Congratulations Billie!

AR-150829823.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Reactions: Billie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Billie! Isn't that 2 years in a row? And I'll take my #3 status, having not yet watched a single NFL game this season. I basically voted "heart." Speaking of that: Who does everyone like for the Superbowl? I'm hoping it's the Cowboys' year.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oops, I forgot to bet again.......
Congrats Billie! :dance2::drums:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, good stuff @Billie. I was the opposite to @Moxie in that I took the picks more seriously and was playing to win! A few picks in the last couple of weeks I probably wouldn't have made if I wasn't trying to overhaul you and had to pick a couple of different games.

I've watched more NFL this season than I have since the Raiders were a potent force back in 2002. Really got back into it. When I was a kid, I was NFL mad - knew the heights, weights and most stats of every player on the Raiders roster (sad!) and could probably have named 20-30 players on each team. Free agency killed that lark...

For the Superbowl... Raiders will be toast if they get past Houston... A win over Houston is possible... but I still think we bow out at this stage unless the D steps up big time.... in either event - Raiders won't be winning it.

I don't like the Pats... but if I had to pick a winner then they'd probably be it. I think they win the AFC at least, although I also like Kansas City.

Once you're at the big dance, anything can happen though.

From the NFC... something tells me the Cowboys won't get there. I'm liking Seattle despite their performance at Green Bay recently.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If the Giants get past Mr Rodgers then book it. They'll make Giselle cry again! Obviously I want my G-men to win the SB, but barring them.... anyone but the Cowgirls and Brady

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
What do you folks think. I know a lot of people would say Eli isn't a HoFer, but.... if the G-men win the SB this year (preferably over the Pats) the discussion would be over right? Surely Eli would be a lock then..

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What do you folks think. I know a lot of people would say Eli isn't a HoFer, but.... if the G-men win the SB this year (preferably over the Pats) the discussion would be over right? Surely Eli would be a lock then..

You'd have to think so. I'm still pissed Jim Plunkett isn't in the HOF, he's got two rings and a Super Bowl MVP. Lots of anomalies with the HOF!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You'd have to think so. I'm still pissed Jim Plunkett isn't in the HOF, he's got two rings and a Super Bowl MVP. Lots of anomalies with the HOF!

Well... I sort of agree that a QB shouldn't just get in because they get some rings. If their stats aren't fantastic then they might be riding on the coat tails of a great defence or offensive line etc. That's the issue with Eli, even I as a G-fan agree that some of his numbers don't look great. But on the other hand at least Eli can lay claims to being just about the most clutch QB in the playoffs. When he gets hot he goes from being E-light to E-lite :) And if he got a 3rd ring then given the spacing between all his wins it would be something special. That said, his passing yards are near the top all time I think (@Twisted can confirm that), but then again the NFL has become a passing league now so maybe that's less of a big deal than it would have been a decade ago. We can only imagine what Marino would have done in this current era

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agreed, don't think a non-HOF 3 ring QB exists. If he gets a third ring (and I'd still say it's a big IF to be honest)... then he should be locked in.

Agree on Marino, I was watching a load of old footage earlier this week on Mark Duper (one of my favourite players of yesteryear) and Marino would have racked up ridiculous stats in the modern era... more ridiculous than the already ridiculous ones he racked up. Shame Miami never had a defense.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup. It's tragic that guy never got a ring.

Trust me I'm doubting the G-men all the way. But if we beat GB then I'll start to believe just a little bit more

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Eli will make the HOF barring a disastrous end to his career. The knock on him is he has never played at a near-MVP level in the regular season but when you look at it he hasn't had too many really bad seasons either and you can't ignore what he's done in the playoffs. Being the younger and worse brother of Peyton probably hasn't helped his reputation either.

There have been a bunch of puzzling HOF snubs and it is mostly for the older group of players. I feel Stabler should be in and going back to the old Packers of the 60's, which still rank as the greatest dynasty in the sport, Jerry Kramer should absolutely be in.

The QB situation for the HOF is going to become increasingly difficult due to the change in rules which has made passing and longevity so much easier. What Brady is doing at age 39 is amazing no doubt but also consider that Favre had his best season ever at age 39 with no receivers of note in his first year on a new team (Vikings). Manning came back from neck surgery in his late 30's, had a total noodle arm after that and still had some of his best seasons ever while also playing on a new team. Marino and all the other great QB's of yesteryear would've had way greater stats than they did and they would've been in the league much longer if the NFL protected QB's like they do now.

Reactions: Federberg