Reactions
Seattle at Baltimore: Seattle
Washington at Chicago: Washington
Pittsburgh at Cincy: Cincy
Tennessee at NY Jets: New York
New Orleans at Tampa: New Orleans
Dallas at Green Bay: Green Bay
New England at Houston: New England

OK, I'm on a suicide mission, but I'm going to pick for my teams.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shhh...don't tell her.  She's winning.  LOL!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
^^  I haven't forgotten.  I always start well and then fade away towards the end LOL

Seattle at Baltimore - Seattle
Washington at Chicago - Chicago
Pittsburgh at Cincy - Pittsburgh
Tennessee at NY Jets - NY Jets
New Orleans at Tampa - New Orleans
Dallas at Green Bay - Green Bay
New England at Houston - Houston

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Hm....I am the only fool picking Texans over Patriots.  :wacko:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
13898 said:
Hm….I am the only fool picking Texans over Patriots.
wpml_wacko.gif
This is not a bad year to roll the dice against the Pats.  I'm the only one to pick Redskins over Bears...I'm a DC native.  Probably a bad bet.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
13661 said:
Moxie wrote:
<blockquote>
britbox wrote:
Jets at Giants – Giants Falcons at Bucs – Bucs Seahawks at Vikings – Vikings Texans at Bills – Texans Ravens at Dolphins – Ravens Chiefs at Raiders – Raiders – gotta call Oakland, we’re basically in playoff elimination mode. Fingers crossed. Colts at Steelers – Steelers
Is Oakland your team, BB? Is this the right moment to ask everyone who they pull for? (I know Twisted is a GB man, right?) I grew up in DC, so I’m Redskins, then Saints (lived in NO, and can’t resist an underdog,) then Patriots, because we’re New Englanders in my family.</blockquote>
Yes, big lifelong Raiders fan. Not a lot to get excited about for a long time, but times are a changing.
Sorry, I meant to respond to this earlier.  "Lifelong Raiders fan?"  Aren't you English?  How does that happen?  I'm surprised that you even like American Football, much less are committed to a particular team.  No judgment at all, but I'm extremely curious.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lifelong is a slight exaggeration but I've followed the Raiders since the early 80s,  around 32 years. Backdrop is that the UK only had 3 TV channels once upon a time and then a new Channel (Channel 4) got a license.  They brought in American sports to your living room.  Sunday evenings were no longer filled with just "Songs of Praise" or dull sitcoms - we now got NFL on Channel 4... and NBA for that matter (I started following the Lakers around the same time - Magic, Kareem etc).  NFL especially got quite a cult following, particularly with younger people at the time.  Suddenly people were walking around in NFL tops... I had a "32 Allen" (Marcus Allen) and for a period it was one of the fastest growing sports in the UK.  I played for Fylde Falcons Juniors for a short time.

I followed them ever since... plenty a long night listening to live Raider games on American Armed Forces radio with a terrible reception and then catching highlights the following weekend.  We used to get a weekly dedicated NFL newspaper called "First Down" which I devoured every week for extra coverage.

As TV grew - more channels, satellite and cable, the coverage got a lot better through the 90s.  The only live games in the 80s were the Super Bowls which I always used to stay up for and make a bit of an event out of it.

One of my closest pals from childhood was also a huge Raiders fan and we planned to go for years but nothing transpired.  He got a Brain Tumour in 2008, beat it and then decided he was going to tick off the Bucket List.  We went to the Oakland Coliseum to see the Raiders and Chiefs in 2009.  Unfortunately, it re-appeared in 2012 and he lost the battle second time around... but yeah, the Raiders are a team very close to my heart.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for that response, Baron, and I'm very sorry about your pal.  I'm glad the two of you got to go to a Raiders game together.  Bucket list, indeed.  I was living in Europe around the time you cite and I do remember US football making some inroads in the UK.  (And I also used to listen to American Armed Forces Radio when I needed an English "fix" or for big events.  I wonder if anyone else wants to share why they like certain teams...sports loyalty is so emotional, as you very well described.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I'll just quickly recap the results before BB does the fancy tally up:

BB - 4 correct picks

Twisted - 5 correct picks

Billie - 5 correct picks

Moxie - 6 correct picks - congratulations, you get extra 3 points as well. :good:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
13901 said:
Billie wrote:
wpml_wacko.gif
This is not a bad year to roll the dice against the Pats. I’m the only one to pick Redskins over Bears…I’m a DC native. Probably a bad bet.

I have never picked correctly when Bears were in question :wacko:   Good on you for picking Redskins.  I didn't think Gronkowski would be able to play last night so that is the reason I picked against the Pats.  :scratch:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
13954 said:
Moxie wrote:
<blockquote>
Billie wrote:
wpml_wacko.gif
This is not a bad year to roll the dice against the Pats. I’m the only one to pick Redskins over Bears…I’m a DC native. Probably a bad bet.</blockquote>
I have never picked correctly when Bears were in question
wpml_wacko.gif
Good on you for picking Redskins. I didn’t think Gronkowski would be able to play last night so that is the reason I picked against the Pats.
wpml_scratch.gif
The Redskins were a sentimental pick for me, so I can't take any real kudos there, though I'll take the extra points.   :good:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Weekly Tally:

Moxie 6 + 3 bonus =9
Billie 5
Twisted 5
Britbox 4

Leaderboard:

Billie 25
Moxie 20
Twisted 17
Britbox 13

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So who picks for this Sunday?  @billie?

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
No, it's not me.  It is @twisted turn to pick games for this Sunday.   The order is BB, twisted, me, Moxie.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Jets @ Cowboys - Jets

Bears @ Vikings - I honestly think Bears might want to lose this one for draft purposes.  If it was a normal game it'd be a close one to call.  Going Minny

Texans @ Colts - The two AFC South "powerhouses" dueling it out.  Going with Colts.

Carolina @ Giants - I think Carolina gets upset here.  It's a huge game for the Giants.

Bills @ Redskins - Tough one to call.  Going to go with Washington

Packers @ Raiders - Another tough one.  Oakland is not eliminated from the playoffs yet.  And Rodgers still looks like an impostor out there.  I think GB but no surprise if Oakland wins

Broncos @ Steelers - not as tough a pick as one would normally think.  Pitt wins this.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
^^ Tough games to pick, darn it twisted.  I'll think about them first (probably not a good idea) LOL

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I got to play catchup on you ladies.  You're killing me and BB  :negative:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm so tempted to wait and see how Billie picks.   :mail:  However:

Jets @ Cowboys – Jets  (Oh, man, my friend Sean will be so mad at me.)

Bears @ Vikings - Vikings

Texans @ Colts - Texans

Carolina @ Giants - My crib sheet says Carolina, but I'd like to go with the Giants....argh.  OK, Carolina.

Bills @ Redskins - Gotta go heart:  'Skins.

Packers @ Raiders -  Packs

Broncos @ Steelers - Broncos