NFL Pick and Pass Tournament

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Moxie got 1 correct pick and the 3 of us had 5 correct picks.  The Steelers were a big surprise and Carolina finally lost (I decided to stay away from that one as I thought Panthers were due for a letdown.  I am kicking myself for not picking the Jets,, but serves me right for being a chicken :)

So there is one more regular games week before the playoff start.  Moxie will be picking 7 games from next Sunday.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
BB might be too busy so if he doesn't mind, here is the leaderboard after week 15:

Billie 39
Moxie 30
Twisted 27
Britbox 23

Please double check the numbers!!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Packers suck even worse than I figured.  I thought they'd lose heavily (by 10+ points) but nothing like that.  This is the 2nd worst team they've had with Rodgers, his first year starting they were 6-10 with a God awful defense.  And this IS the worst season he's ever had.  He isn't getting much help with the offensive line and receivers but even when he does he can't hit the broad side of a barn at this point.  His play is absolutely alarming, I wouldn't have expected him to ever play this bad, even at age 40.

I think they will lose to the Vikings next week and it will be good for a few reasons:
  1. If they win the division at 11-5 there might not be major changes next year.  A 10-6 record and no division is humiliating and will force some big shakeup.
  2. If they lose they play at Washington to start the playoffs whereas if they win there is a good chance they host Seattle which is a much tougher game.
  3. If they somehow win at Washington they would probably play Carolina and lose by 10 instead of Arizona where they'll lose by 30 again.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14139 said:
BB might be too busy so if he doesn’t mind, here is the leaderboard after week 15: Billie 39 Moxie 30 Twisted 27 Britbox 23 Please double check the numbers!!

Thanks @Billie , yes- been travelling the last few days and in the UK for the next three weeks.

I seem I'm still languishing in the basement!  Might have to throw in a few Hail Mary picks this next week!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
LOL BB, you do need some miracles it seems.  My left palm is itching, we have a saying in Serbian, looks like I am getting some money ;-)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14157 said:
LOL BB, you do need some miracles it seems. My left palm is itching, we have a saying in Serbian, looks like I am getting some money
wpml_wink.gif
Actually, I think that's universal:  right palm itches, you're going to meet someone.  Left palm itches, you're going to get money.  Anyway, you're probably in the cat-bird seat, Billie.  And I hate to otherwise rub it in, but I only got one (!) right this week, and I'm still in 2nd place.  You guys need to step it up. Is this the last week?  And who calls the games?

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Yes, @moxie picks the games.   Please pick nice ones, the ones that I can guess well and can keep me in the lead ;-)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, yes, sorry.  Distracted week.  Happy New Year!  I'll come back shortly with some picks.  I'll try to pick some interesting ones, anyway.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm going with some rivalries this week, just for fun:

Jets @ Bills

Lions @ Bears

Eagles @ Giants

Redskins @ Cowboys (for me)

Raiders @ KC Chiefs (for BB)

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Vikings at Packers

My picks:

Jets

Lions

Giants

Redskins

Chiefs

Seahawks

Packers

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Some of these are tough to pick (for me).  Here they are, anyway:

Jets @ Bills - Bills

Lions @ Bears - Bears

Eagles @ Giants - Giants

Redskins @ Cowboys - Redskins

Raiders @ KC Chiefs - Chiefs

Seahawks @ Cardinals - Cardinals

Vikings at Packers - Packers

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jets @ Bills – Jets

Lions @ Bears – Bears

Eagles @ Giants – Giants

Redskins @ Cowboys – Cowboys

Raiders @ KC Chiefs – Raiders

Seahawks @ Cardinals – Seahawks

Vikings at Packers – Packers

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Jets

Bears

Giants

Cowboys

Chiefs

Cardinals

Vikings

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Since BB is traveling and it was my week to pick games, I'll do the update:

Billie got 3, so + 39 = 42

Moxie got 4, so + 30 = 34

Twisted got 2, so + 27 = 29

Britbox got 1, so + 23 = 24

So that's it!  Congratulations, Billie, and by a pretty good margin!  (Imitating her favorite player in the rankings points, I'd say. ;-) )  I was glad to hold up 2nd place for chick bragging rights.   :yes:

@britbox:  I see there'll be a separate game for the playoffs.  Don't forget that they start on Saturday, (since you're in vacation-mode.)

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Thank you Moxie, the girls did well :)

I don't know what BB has in plans for the playoffs, but I don't mind if we just keep going with the points already accumulated, maybe just raise the individual games points as the rounds go on.  It would give us a bit of suspense and a chance for me to screw up the lead LOL  Or we could start from the beginning for the playoffs.  It is really up to you guys.   I am OK with whatever you decide.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You won this one fair and square, Billie, and you get the Christmas cracker.  Let's see if the Baron puts up another tournament for the playoffs/SuperBowl.  The upside of that would be to get other people to play, and (not to put too fine a point on it) give Twisted and BB a chance to regain some small modicum of dignity.  LOL.  However, if BB is too distracted by holidays, (and fair enough,) I say we just keep going, for bragging rights.  Sounds good?

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
^^ Yeah, that sounds really good, Moxie.  There is still a few days before Saturday afternoon, so there is time before the playoffs start.