Leads 4-2 3-0

Alex 0/7 on BP

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I said the other day that Sinner will be a star, but I wasn't expecting this domination in the final by him!

Very impressive since he's doing this as the Italian WC that wouldn't have even earned a spot on his own ranked #93! Even with the help of WD's he wouldn't have gotten this HUGE chance like Chung a few years ago dominating his peers! :whistle: :yesyes: :p :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner says he won't play DC next week, that he'll just get ready for 2020. Seems smart. Benito Barbadillo, Rafa's PR guy, said yesterday that people should give the kid a little space and not pressure him too much.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As to this tournament, I understand why the ATP likes to use it as a place to experiment with format/rules changes, so they don't award points, only pay money. It seems to be fulfilling its purpose, i.e., to give exposure to young players, and most of the young players have been holding up their end of it, as in playing well and seriously, and mostly going on to do well in the grown-up pool. So I think they should give them some points for it. Maybe Futures/Challengers kind of points, at least, though I think they've made a respectable enough showing to get 250-kind of points. Did they or did they not start giving points for Laver Cup this year? (I'm unclear.) Does anyone know if they're giving points for DC, with the new format?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There no points for Laver cup.

Reactions: Moxie