Alejandro Davidovich Fokina

Group B:
Frances Tiafoe
Ugo Humbert
Mikael Ymer
Jannik Sinner

fieldisset_nextgen-v1_1920x1080_2019.jpg

The Tournament:

Milan will again host the innovative and award-winning Next Gen ATP Finals, which will feature the world’s top 21-and-under singles players of the ATP Tour season. The 2019 Next Gen ATP Finals will take place over five days at the Allianz Cloud stadium, after a two-year stint at the Fiera Milano, and will remain in Milan through 2021.

About Milan:

Milan is a city in northern Italy, capital of Lombardy, and the second-most populous city in Italy after Rome, with the city proper having a population of 1,395,274 while its metropolitan city has a population of 3,259,835. Its continuously built-up urban area (that stretches beyond the boundaries of the Metropolitan City of Milan) has a population estimated to be about 5,270,000 over 1,891 square kilometres (730 square miles). The wider Milan metropolitan area, known as Greater Milan, is a polycentric metropolitan region that extends over central Lombardy and eastern Piedmont and which counts an estimated total population of 7.5 million, making it by far the largest metropolitan area in Italy and the 54th largest in the world. Milan served as capital of the Western Roman Empire from 286 to 402 and the Duchy of Milan during the medieval period and early modern age.

Shoppers-Galleria-Vittorio-Emanuele-II-Italy-Milan.jpg

view-Milan-Italy.jpg

Tourism Guide:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I expect D-Minor and Kecmanovic to advance from Group A.

I expect Sinner and Ymer to advance from Group B.

Tiafoe seems to be not having much momentum at the moment.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
*This would have been a great opportunity to test "play on on net serves" since they are experimenting with bunch of stuff.

*I hate courts without the doubles lines. Played on once and all my reference points were gone. I guess some like it.

* I like Sinner. Good player. Do not see much Italian from the name or the looks so I will read up on him a bit.

*Instantaneous line calls with hawk eye should make the linesmen obsolete pretty soon, no?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I expect D-Minor and Kecmanovic to advance from Group A.

I expect Sinner and Ymer to advance from Group B.

Tiafoe seems to be not having much momentum at the moment.
So far, you nailed I as far as predictions. All 4 of those you predicted to move on won their opening matches.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
*This would have been a great opportunity to test "play on on net serves" since they are experimenting with bunch of stuff.

*I hate courts without the doubles lines. Played on once and all my reference points were gone. I guess some like it.

* I like Sinner. Good player. Do not see much Italian from the name or the looks so I will read up on him a bit.

Sinner looks just like Seppi. Germanic type, he has to be from the Northern Italy.
I am very curious about Sinner. He could be as promising like Felix. Sinner actually broke into the top 100 at a younger age (by 4 months) than Felix.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner looks just like Seppi. Germanic type, he has to be from the Northern Italy.
I am very curious about Sinner. He could be as promising like Felix. Sinner actually broke into the top 100 at a younger age (by 4 months) than Felix.
Good call. Sinner is from the South Tyrol, as is Seppi, so on the border with Austria, in the Alps. Became part of Italy only 100 years ago. Also, I read that he became the first men's player born in 2001 to reach a Challenger final when he won Bergamo this past February, at 17.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

*Instantaneous line calls with hawk eye should make the linesmen obsolete pretty soon, no?

Interesting points there. (I addressed the one about Sinner above.) I very much agree that they should have tried playing on in the let serves, if they were trying things that really might get implemented.

Overall, I don't especially like the format. If they shortened the sets, then why play best of 5? I don't like no-ad, as in decisive point. I think that you lose a lot of drama for what you gain in rapidity. Also, it doesn't so much test the players, mentally. While I understand that they're using this as a testing ground, I still felt that it made it look like they were playing kiddie tennis. Especially with the use of head-sets for "virtual" on-court coaching.

The shorter warm-up and the towel racks are probably a good idea.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alex de Minaur won in his second match as well.
He is the main favorite of this tourney without a doubt.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sinner took Ymer to the Woodshed

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner is a really bad man.
And they said he already qualified for the SFs. Not sure I understand. But he does have the best record of everyone, even a little better than de Miñaur, based on sets and games. And he's the Italian WC.

Reactions: El Dude

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
And they said he already qualified for the SFs. Not sure I understand. But he does have the best record of everyone, even a little better than de Miñaur, based on sets and games. And he's the Italian WC.

His 2 wins will be enough to advance since Ymer and Tiafoe will play each other tomorrow.

EIuOp3ZXYAIPBiH.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alex D minor on cruise control, beats Ruud as well in straight sets.