Mutua Madrid Open 2017 Clay Masters

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
What happened to model ball girls in Caja Magica? Don't see any. :puzzled
I think that was years ago, when Madrid was on hard courts ... ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Nadal's sharp angles and drop shots played a large role in this victory.

It was more than that, Rafael entire game was something special because Thiem played extremely excellent. Not too many players would have defeated Dominic today including the Beloved one..

Why is that necessary? One of the things that makes it hard for non-Rafa fans to take (some) Rafa fans seriously is this sort of need to always bag on Roger. Enjoy your victory, Rafa played great and I think finally silenced any questions, but you don't need to throw in a jab at Roger.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
DarthFed said:
Kieran said:
Roger has no form on clay. You think he'll walk in straight off the street again and have a chance?

Name one player not named Rafa that should be favored to beat him at RG this year. He can work out rust in the first few rounds.

Oh I'd say his conditioning isn't gonna be an issue, bro, he's working on it as we speak. I think it's up in the air, could be anyone would beat him...

I know where you're going, still laughable as a Rafa fan to be implying it, but yeah he will be well rested and he should beat up the cupcakes the first week. And again who would you favor over him on clay right now aside from Rafa? No one else is remotely scary right now.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpvboOJWCEs[/video]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

It was more than that, Rafael entire game was something special because Thiem played extremely excellent. Not too many players would have defeated Dominic today including the Beloved one..

Why is that necessary? One of the things that makes it hard for non-Rafa fans to take Rafa fans seriously is this sort of need to always bag on Roger. Enjoy your victory, Rafa played great and I think finally silenced any questions, but you don't need to throw in a jab at Roger.

That's not a jab you very sensitive mod, its more of a compliment, look I am a man ..i say what I want good or bad about everyone..however this wasn't a jab at Fed..Relax, quit looking for something' that's really isn't there . I am not walking on egg shells, thiem would have beats anyone in the world today ..Rafa just played the big points better

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Oh come on, one mildly competitive match vs Nadal on the least clay like clay court on tour and you think Thiem is a world beater. Any decent tennis from Roger would take care of Thiem no problem.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
El Dude said:
the AntiPusher said:

Why is that necessary? One of the things that makes it hard for non-Rafa fans to take Rafa fans seriously is this sort of need to always bag on Roger. Enjoy your victory, Rafa played great and I think finally silenced any questions, but you don't need to throw in a jab at Roger.

That's not a jab you very sensitive mod, its more of a compliment, look I am a man ..i say what I want good or bad about everyone..however this wasn't a jab at Fed..Relax, quit looking for something' that's really isn't there . I am not walking on egg shells, thiem would have beats anyone in the world today ..Rafa just played the big points better

I must say that one of the reasons I look forward to stepping down from being a moderator is that I won't have to put up with your whiny BS about me being a mod. :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Oh come on, one mildly competitive match vs Nadal on the least clay like clay court on tour and you think Thiem is a world beater. Any decent tennis from Roger would take care of Thiem no problem.

I totally disagree with you on this one..don't worry the Fed fans will liked your post

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No need to bring up Roger. Roger is the pinnacle of tennis.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
mightyjeditribble said:
GameSetAndMath said:
What happened to model ball girls in Caja Magica? Don't see any. :puzzled
I think that was years ago, when Madrid was on hard courts ... ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No no, it was after Madrid switched to clay only. Perhaps, in the beginning few years after the switch.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

I totally disagree with you on this one..don't worry the Fed fans will liked your post

I like Thiem but he's an underwhelming talent, a good 2nd tier player. If Roger plays well he doesn't lose to Thiems.

S

speedster614

There is a Nadal-Kyrgios third rounder that may or may not be interesting

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
the AntiPusher said:
El Dude said:

I must say that one of the reasons I look forward to stepping down from being a moderator is that I won't have to put up with your whiny BS about me being a mod. :cover

This is why I doubt it gonna be too many move over the new boards, you just had a hissy fit about the little of sh#@. It's my opinion but you carry on like I did some you deem sacrilegious.Whenever Rafa wins,this foolishness always begins ..El dude you need to grow up and quit instigating these silly arguments..

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You really have your own version of logic: People won't move over to the new boards because I (in your mind) had a hissy fit? LOL, OK buddy.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thiem fought well today. Coulda gone down in flames in set 2, but he tucked his shirt in and tugged out his big guns. Made a scrap of it. He's gonna gain confidence from this one, and so he should...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Thiem fought well today. Coulda gone down in flames in set 2, but he tucked his shirt in and tugged out his big guns. Made a scrap of it. He's gonna gain confidence from this one, and so he should...

I thought he had an opportunity to win the first set. Again his defense was superb, great serve and a tremendous amount of funk on his forehands

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

win one set against Rafa in QF at Rome.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Wow, I'm reading the comments......and I was called fan girl? it seems that Roger's fanboys are not very happy with the results :p:popcorn.
Great matches Nadal-Goffin and Nadal-Thiem :clap
Congrats Rafa one more time!:woohoos:celeb:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Wow, I'm reading the comments......and I was called fan girl? it seems that Roger's fanboys are not very happy with the results :p:popcorn.
Great matches Nadal-Goffin and Nadal-Thiem :clap
Congrats Rafa one more time!:woohoos:celeb:

Amen my sista, by the way, if you are a mom, Happy Mothers Day to you and your family..