DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:
DarthFed said:
Moxie629 said:
DarthFed said:
Give me a break, the guy isn't even top 20. That's third tier. It ain't about Roger being at his most sublime, it's about him not playing like a circus clown and dusting up those who are begging to be dusted...

Nishikori has been top 10. RB is right…you hold Roger up to his most sublime or nothing. It seems that Nishikori was just better today. That doesn't mean that Roger was a clown. Give Kei a little credit.

And Roger has been #1 and used to win 90+ % of his matches...how relevant is that. Kei is ranked 21 coming into this tournament. I'll leave it to you Roger detractors to give Kei some loving. So sorry he isn't getting any from this keyboard. :rolleyes:

The reality is that Kei won the match today. I'm not against Roger, but, one's resume doesn't answer the question of a match. You act as if it's rude to consider why he lost. Nishikori has been playing well the whole tournament.

I would also like to add this is the same Kei Nishikori who gave Nadal a hard time in the Australian Open this year.

Yea a hard time...in 3 straight sets with I think 1 tiebreaker.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Moxie you just said you didn't watch the match. It's not just the fact he lost to Kei (that is beyond bad itself) but the way it happened. He was up a set and a break at 4-3 and then played like someone who spent the last few hours downing Jager Bombs

Class image and I don't like laughing but it's true. He looked almost demented drunk such was the stupidity on display.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
^ but he lost and he should've today too if clown face hadn't shown up at 4-3 2nd set.

Non-fan agrees. Kei was steady and continued to make solid shots throughout the match. Roger's level dropped precipitously and he never found his way back.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Darth. I just drank some java, I am gonna stay up and watch a replay of that match

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Front242 said:
^ but he lost and he should've today too if clown face hadn't shown up at 4-3 2nd set.

Non-fan agrees. Kei was steady and continued to make solid shots throughout the match. Roger's level dropped precipitously and he never found his way back.

Instead of slow starts when you're wondering when the energy drink kicks in, today you were left wondering when the water he drank at the sit down would get rid of the 5 litres of vodka from his system. He climbed the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down :(

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Darth. I just drank some java, I am gonna stay up and watch a replay of that match

Get your popcorn out, you might enjoy this one almost as much as I enjoyed Rosol and Rafa at Wimbledon

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:

Do definitely. You'll clearly see it's not sour grapes from Fed fans. He really went to pieces up 4-3 2nd set :( Eventhough Roger v Rafa is a done deal I was still hoping there was some chance of an encounter here as till today they've both been playing extremely high level. Well, Rafa still is. And no doubt it'll continue against Golum tomorrow.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
nehmeth said:
Front242 said:

Instead of slow starts when you're wondering when the energy drink kicks in, today you were left wondering when the water he drank at the sit down would get rid of the 5 litres of vodka from his system. He climbed the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down :(

:laydownlaughing

Between that ^^^, and the pictures, I am sore from laughing so hard.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

Get your popcorn out, you might enjoy this one almost as much as I enjoyed Rosol and Rafa at Wimbledon

Except I don't think AP is looking to experience the kind of schadenfreude you get off on with Rafa. ;)

fedfan

Club Member
Reactions
Hated to see it, but congrats to Nishikori who is now 2-1 vs Rog.

Kid is a fighter and at 24 has a major advantage over someone 32. Then again some Fed fans delusionally insist in their minds that Rog should still consistently play like he's in his prime. Those days are long gone.

These things happen and this kid isn't chopped liver.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh don't let AP fool you, I'm sure he is plenty delighted to see Roger in all out clown mode.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Oh don't let AP fool you, I'm sure he is plenty delighted to see Roger in all out clown mode.

Better clown footage is available from the 1st set of Brisbane final. That one was
a gem.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
DarthFed said:

Better clown footage is available from the 1st set of Brisbane final. That one was
a gem.

Yeah, that was beyond atrocious.

clown+house+of+1000+corpses.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Off Topic: Did Wilson make any announcements about Roger's new racquet. Is that
racquet a work in progress? Why is it still having black paint?

If it is not a work in progress, I am sure Wilson would want to make money out
of it, by giving that model a name and ridiculously pricing it hoping all Roger
wanna bes buy it foolishly.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
"I thought I really played well, especially in the third set," Nishikori said. "I was hitting balls deep and striking well. Everything was going well."

"I just couldn't find my rhythm on the serve today, which was surprising," Federer said. "It's a bit frustrating, but Kei did well to stay with me. He was more consistent in the second and third, and in the end it's to his credit."

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/03/nishikori-rallies-past-federer-and-miami-semifinals/51022/#.UzOuRIU5huk

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
With all the clown imagery, I am waiting for Pennywise to show up any second.

I'd almost forgotten about him. He was a character :snigger