Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Zverev in 3

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Isner wins this one, but I voted for Zverev in 3. While Zverev is a better player, Isner has been playing his best tennis ever.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My question is if Isner's missiles and shots will work so well like against Delpo and if Zverev will keep the same level that he had in the last match :unsure:
It's incredible how much the players can change from one tournament to the other, where Isner and Zverev were in the AO and IW?

Last edited:
Reactions: atttomole

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev smashes his racket after losing his serve. Isner to serve for the match.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done Isner. I might not like him much, but he played big time tennis. Another piece of evidence that players are achieving big things for the first time, later and later in their careers. It's definitely a thing

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great win by Isner. I am happy for him.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Lol! Btw has there ever been a Masters series final thread that has inspired so few posts?

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Happy for Jizzner - he was playing really well, and it is nice to see a vet like him win a big title.

Reactions: Chris Koziarz

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think there has never been. People don't seem to like Isner. If he continues to play like this, I will watch him more often.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Happy for Jizzner - he was playing really well, and it is nice to see a vet like him win a big title.
Lol! That's not a good nickname mate. Not sure if you folks across the water use the slang word 'jizz'. If you don't look it up!

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats Isner!!!! my goodness, I´ve never seen him jumping and so exiting like today but of course I´m not surprised, it was about time to win one MS. Well played by both players but those missiles were the key besides he has worked and played well taking good advantage of it and better than Zverev who has a good serve too

Last edited:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats to Isner, well done.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1.34 million big ones is a lot moolah for the mighty giant. His biggest ever payday. Well done.
KS..someone finally fed that Georgia dawg “some gunpowder “..e.g. when I visited my grandparents in the South we were always told if we wanted to make a lame dog angry or have more bite ..try adding a little gun powder to his dog bowl..

Congrats to Big John Isner

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to Big John. I actually watched most of the watch (and the TV was on for the entire match). What is quite surprising is that Big John actually won two sets, both by way of breaking the opponent. The first set which went to TB was actually won by Sasha. When was the last time, Big John won a match without winning at least one of the sets by means of a TB?

The last of the game of the second set, Big John was serving for the set at 5-4. That was probably the most interesting game of the match.
Big John actually showed he can cover some real estate fast in that game.

We now already have two first time winners of ATP 1000 events this year. Good to see new folks winning. However, instead of being just "one and done", I hope at least one or two of the recent new big title winners catch fire and sustain their winning ways.

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Lol! That's not a good nickname mate. Not sure if you folks across the water use the slang word 'jizz'. If you don't look it up!
I don't know what "water" you refer to but the slang you refer to is universal, and IMO a very good hilarious nickname for John who is so monotonic on court, without visible emotions, that it adds some life to his figure. The joy jumping after converting MP was so uncharacteristic to John that he almost looked like a different person. He needs to learn to do it more often. On other occasions, he can also break couple of rackets as Goofy Hair did. With hefty money he got, he can afford it now.

Last edited:

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Lol! Btw has there ever been a Masters series final thread that has inspired so few posts?
More suprizing is low (just 4) number of votes in the opening poll. Clearly people dont' care about the final result at this level, as resolved by the draw. Further, those who voted dislike the winner (Isner) who received just one click.
It must be disappointing because he desrves more poularity. He had the toughest route to this title: he had to beat virtually all the best players in the draw (except Fed) like Delpo did in Miami. And he equalled his career high ranking at the ripe age 32. You have to cheer at his achievement here as much as you did at Delpo 2 weeks ago or you are deemed to be a biased person.