Miami Open, Miami, FL, 2024 - ATP Masters 1000

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Indeed, though Jannik was 'on' from the start of the match and he never let Meddy into the match
Sinner stayed aggressive and never let Daniil lull him into those series of long rallies. He would finish the point when the opportunity presented itself. It forced Daniil to try to finish the points. That was ugly.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner stayed aggressive and never let Daniil lull him into those series of long rallies. He would finish the point when the opportunity presented itself. It forced Daniil to try to finish the points. That was ugly.
He definitely exposed Medvedev's passivity.

Reactions: nehmeth

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Two stunning points from Dimitrov to get him to 15-40 at 3-all.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And then he gets the volley from on the ground for the break!

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just happy for Grigor,and his season has been spectacular so far.That little wry smile he gave at the end said it all.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dimi back into the Top Ten since November 2018 ( long time between drinks) ! I had to go out after the 2nd set I did record the match and will watch the 3rd set while eating my lunch:)
Oh we now have a one hander back in the Top 10

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Meddy was too passive for starters, he really had no idea how to combat the aggressive Sinner, he seemed baffled, his body language was low, btw it wasnt ugly from my point of view:) quite frankly I expected the match to be closer, Sinner played an exceptional match from start to finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well Meddy was too passive for starters, he really had no idea how to combat the aggressive Sinner, he seemed baffled, his body language was low, btw it wasnt ugly from my point of view:) quite frankly I expected the match to be closer, Sinner played an exceptional match from start to finish.
I agree with you that it wasn't ugly. Sinner played exceptional tennis, and it was brilliant to watch. It's not easy to see someone get a thrashing, but it's still easy to appreciate good playing. Sinner was at the top of his game.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree with you that it wasn't ugly. Sinner played exceptional tennis, and it was brilliant to watch. It's not easy to see someone get a thrashing, but it's still easy to appreciate good playing. Sinner was at the top of his game.
I normally dont like any player getting thumped, Sinner played a great game from start to finish, the best he has played all tournament in Miami, in saying that I hope still has enough game to finally win the tournament in Miami

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I normally dont like any player getting thumped, Sinner played a great game from start to finish, the best he has played all tournament in Miami, in saying that I hope still has enough game to finally win the tournament in Miami
Let's face it...he barely broke a sweat today, and old man Baby Fed has been gasping for air for 2 rounds. If Sinner doesn't finish him off on Sunday, he'll have to play way below his level for the past 6 months or so. I give Dimitrov barely above a zero chance of winning that final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Let's face it...he barely broke a sweat today, and old man Baby Fed has been gasping for air for 2 rounds. If Sinner doesn't finish him off on Sunday, he'll have to play way below his level for the past 6 months or so. I give Dimitrov barely above a zero chance of winning that final.
Dimi will never live down the Baby Fed tag will he, even today people are gasping at the way he has been playing, Federesque:) anyway moving on, I am quietly confident Sinner will get to job done in the final

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm going to hard roll my eyes because you started talking again about the ELO and Ferrer and Wawrinka. I'm sort of just trying to talk about Sinner. ;)
wtf

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just happy for Grigor,and his season has been spectacular so far.That little wry smile he gave at the end said it all.
Same here. All credit to him for stepping up and producing such high quality tennis in the later stage of his career. I would love to see him win a slam somehow, but it seems like a tall task. I backed him this AO to go deep, but he crashed out early.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I was out all day yesterday but peeped at some of the highlights. Red is all in Meddy's head. That's 5 in a row and that AO final collapse is still looming large in his psyche. Remember when he lost to Nads, it took him an entire year to get his mojo back.

As for Dimi, welcome to the top 10. Like I said, I'm happy to be wrong, but I can't see him beating Red no matter how well he's played this week. Red has a date w/ #2 destiny and it's already been delayed a week because of Chuck. He'll take care of business tomorrow and get it done.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Saturday, March 30, 2024

1711813181640.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First set to Sinner, who started out the shakier, while Dimitrov came out hot. Then Jannik settled down, and Dimitrov cooled off a bit. The one break was enough.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A good fh down the line passing shot from Jannik to take the 1st set 63
Come on Jannik , one set away from winning the title in Miami and the No 2 ranking!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apart from improving his serve, Sinner has improved his net and volley play., and his transition to the net