Miami Open, ATP Masters 1000, 2019

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Yea ok is A lot of them really exciting players out there, like G.monfils N.kyrgios, nadal etc.

Yeah Monfils and Kyrgios are very exciting.Not sure why you're mentioning them with that close-to-retirement player though.

Just pulling Nadal goat2s leg ,[don't take this seriously]

Reactions: Andy22

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions

Gosh! That's dreadful. I guess that's what happens sometimes when you're doing something so physically demanding professionally though. I hope he's better soon.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am watching a taped match, Tipsy against Klahn. I have not seen Tipsy since I don't know when but I always liked him for no particular reason.
Also, has the state of Florida run out of kids? There is a ball grandpa there, at least 65 years old, carrying towels for players half his age ! Jeez, I know Florida is a retirement community but come on !
Keep watching and you´ll see young guys too. In all tournaments you can see people helping at any age

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah Monfils and Kyrgios are very exciting.Not sure why you're mentioning them with that close-to-retirement player though.

I'm with you in that I think the "exciting" players are the younger and trending players. It certainly doesn't mean that the crowd is uninterested to see Roger, Novak and Rafa. They have huge fan bases who want to see them play and win. But there is some "frisson" with certain players, too. I don't think @Nadal goat2 was wrong to say that Tsitsipas and Thiem are exciting players right now. I'd disagree with "the most." There are a lot of younger players that have people talking, and watching, and that translates to "excitement." And, while Monfils is not young, he's always been a really entertaining player to watch, so I think people are looking at what he can do with this new focus and commitment, too.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ferrer doing a good job v. Querrey. He's still got a great passing shot.

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
If you ask me, Ferrer is by far the better player. At the end of his career, it's perfectly fitting that he beats Querrey.

Undoubtedly.

I'd love to see him beat Zverev also but that will likely be his last match on Hard-Court

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Undoubtedly.

I'd love to see him beat Zverev also but that will likely be his last match on Hard-Court
Indeed. For all of those who have disparaged Ferru over the years, I wish they would have watched this match. It's not just running, and it's not just grit. It's a lot of good tennis.

Reactions: Carol

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What a game by Ferrer, long time I haven't seen him playing so well, hope to see him in a couple of rounds more

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
great to see Ferru play well again

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What happened to Coric in the 2nd, after winning the first in a TB? Anyone see?

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The ESPN feed on Roku switched from a perfectly good match in Thiem-Hurkacz to the no-way-this-becomes-interesting match of Djokovic-Tomic. I mean, come on.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Got the Thiem-Hurkacz match on a different feed. I've got to say, Hurkacz is impressive. I don't see him as an elite, but he could end up in the Coric/Khachanov/Medvedev territory. He's got some chops.

There's just something...unimaginative?...about Thiem. Hard to pinpoint. He's obviously a good player, but he never seems to do anything surprising or particularly impressive, other than hit the ball really hard. He'd really have to face a geriatric Rafa or some other lesser player to win a Roland Garros final.

Reactions: Moxie

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He lacks flair. There is nothing in his game that is exceptional. Younger guys like Kyrgios, Tsitsipas, FAA etc look more talented than him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak just gave up his serve with a really passive response to a BP return from Tomic. It was only ok, and Novak didn't even play it.