Miami Masters 2015 (Women)

freedomsmom

Reactions
Nervousness is normal to all human beings.

Tennis champions and coaches regularly state experienced players typically handle nervousness (anxiety) better than less experienced players.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tented said:
That was one of those semifinals that feels more like a final. I don't think she'll have as much trouble on Saturday.

Agreed, I think Serena Williams will probably double bagel CSN if she is serving well and decides vto keep her feet in frequent movement., she is going drop some major bombs on that player. Halep is really playing well, I was a fan of hers 3years ago , just because::blush: but now she is becoming the ultimate competitor

6-2 6-0 Serena defeats CSN , I was close with my prediction

freedomsmom

Reactions
Calvy said:
HMMMMM......2014?!

Didn't know that year was part of "the first decade of her champion career."
Serena admitted "I am always nervous." She said so immediately after being asked when was she the most nervous"? She went on to say she related her nervousness to her passion. Her perspective about her emotions may not change what you wish to believe but that is for you to sort out.

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
congrats to serena! but i thought she had more than 62 career titles.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
freedomsmom said:
Calvy said:
freedomsmom said:
Nadal is 28 years old. Fed never said he has become more nervous and tentative. The idea younger players play every point with assurance is beyond absurd. Simone age 24 did not seem to play every point with assurance. Emotions are akin to being human. Write that down.

First, I said typically it happens when player's reach their 30's, not always. Nadal said quite clearly that he get's nervous and tentative more often than he did years passed. As far as Federer, I never wrote he stated he gets nervous and tentative, what i commented was, it's clear he does get nervous and tentative (tight) unlike past years. Simona isn't at the champion level of Serena, Federer and Nadal were at 24, yet, so, no, I would expect her to be as mentally strong as those three, that is what separate champions from 'also rans." Should I write that down for YOU??

You said younger players play every point with assurance you did not say champions. You seem to have no desire to restate your words accurately. So, no, you do not have to write anything down for me.

I wish I had a dime for the number of times I heard Serena admit she was tight and nervous during Grand Slams and WTA events in the first decade of her champion career. Your use of generalization is not immune to scrutiny.

freedomsmom said:
Calvy said:
HMMMMM......2014?!

Serena admitted "I am always nervous." She said so immediately after being asked when was she the most nervous"? She went on to say she related her nervousness to her passion. Her perspective about her emotions may not change what you wish to believe but that is for you to sort out.

Dude, I'm done. You referenced something she said in 2014, when she is in her 30's may I add, as a oppose to something from her 'first decade as a champion,' as you implied there were many times she claimed nerves got the best of her in her earlier years.

freedomsmom

Reactions
Calvy said:
freedomsmom said:
Calvy said:
First, I said typically it happens when player's reach their 30's, not always. Nadal said quite clearly that he get's nervous and tentative more often than he did years passed. As far as Federer, I never wrote he stated he gets nervous and tentative, what i commented was, it's clear he does get nervous and tentative (tight) unlike past years. Simona isn't at the champion level of Serena, Federer and Nadal were at 24, yet, so, no, I would expect her to be as mentally strong as those three, that is what separate champions from 'also rans." Should I write that down for YOU??

You said younger players play every point with assurance you did not say champions. You seem to have no desire to restate your words accurately. So, no, you do not have to write anything down for me.

I wish I had a dime for the number of times I heard Serena admit she was tight and nervous during Grand Slams and WTA events in the first decade of her champion career. Your use of generalization is not immune to scrutiny.

freedomsmom said:
Calvy said:
HMMMMM......2014?!

Dude, I'm done. You referenced something she said in 2014, when she is in her 30's may I add, as a oppose to something from her 'first decade as a champion,' as you implied there were many times she claimed nerves got the best of her in her earlier years.

IM referencing Serena Williams own words "IM always nervous. " You have no desire to actually know her feelings about her emotions. No shame in your game.
Do you call everyone dude? IM not a man. You presume to know what you cannot possibly know. You invite pretense.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis for winning the doubles title in Miami.
They just banded together and have already achieved the IW-M double. I see a slam in the
horizon for them this year. :clap :clap

With this win by Hingis and Mirza, all four events in Miami were won by top seeded players.
Serena, Djokovic, Bryan Brothers, Martina and Sania.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Congratulations to Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis for winning the doubles title in Miami.
They just banded together and have already achieved the IW-M double. I see a slam in the
horizon for them this year. :clap :clap

With this win by Hingis and Mirza, all four events in Miami were won by top seeded players.
Serena, Djokovic, Bryan Brothers, Martina and Sania.
Sania is a very good doubles player. She's been successful in mixed and doubs w/ several partners. Flavia is very emotional and was likely a liability in tight matches. Sania is more steadfast. I'm glad Martina has teamed up w/ her. They appear to compliment each other very well.