Madrid Draw

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Good one for Stan. Folks might be starting to wonder where he lands in the draw at RG. He's certainly a dangerous spoiler on clay, and he having a good start to the year.

Haas, Dimitrov and Wawrinka are the guys you want to avoid at RG. And I think Dimitrov and Wawrinka more than Haas.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Dimitrov's fitness I think will still be questionable for a while and even more so for best of 5. I mean if he doesn't win in 3 fairly non taxing sets you'd have to favour the fresher opponent. Barring very tough opening matches, hopefully Haas will do much better at the rest of the slams this year as he was in great form last year too but got some very tough draws at the slams. Would be great to see him have another great run like RG 2009.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Dimitrov's fitness I think will still be questionable for a while and even more so for best of 5. I mean if he doesn't win in 3 fairly non taxing sets you'd have to favour the fresher opponent. Barring very tough opening matches, hopefully Haas will do much better at the rest of the slams this year as he was in great form last year too but got some very tough draws at the slams. Would be great to see him have another great run like RG 2009.

Good point about Dimitrov and his cramping issues. If he's cramping in a 2nd set, he's not going to last 4-5 on clay. Either his training regimen needs to be looked at, or he needs a nutritionist. And I'd vote for the latter.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:

Good point about Dimitrov and his cramping issues. If he's cramping in a 2nd set, he's not going to last 4-5 on clay. Either his training regimen needs to be looked at, or he needs a nutritionist. And I'd vote for the latter.

He'll be cramping even more now if Sharapova doesn't go easy on him or vice versa!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Let's have another trivia...when was the last time when in the SF of a master, was no top 4 seed? :huh:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Let's have another trivia...when was the last time when in the SF of a master, was no top 4 seed? :huh:

That's a good one, herios! I'd think you'd have to go back to pre-Fedal. I'm sure we can come up with another prize for that answer.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting statistic, Andy and Tomas both entered the event with 399 wins each in their career, they reached the milestone in R2 and after winning one more match, they met each other. Now Tomas has 402 wins, Andy 401. That was quite a coincidence.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
So Spanish #1 lost to Spanish #2.:) I just watched set 1 and it looked like Ferrer could score an upset, but I wasn't surprised when I saw that Nadal won at the end.

Seems that Berdych and Wawrinka are in great form. That match between Waw and Tsonga finished so late, that is just poor scheduling.:rolleyes: Hopefully Stan has plenty of fuel left in his tank.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
herios said:

2008 Paris

You are right, I was thinking it would be farther in the past, like moxie did. You are good:D

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
tented said:
herios said:

2008 Paris

You are right, I was thinking it would be farther in the past, like moxie did. You are good:D

Did anyone hear Robbie Koenig bring up this trivia point during the Nadal v. Andujar match at TC this morning. He's reading Tennis Frontier! ;)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
herios said:
tented said:
herios said:

2008 Paris

Did anyone hear Robbie Koenig bring up this trivia point during the Nadal v. Andujar match at TC this morning.

I did!

He's reading Tennis Frontier! ;)

Well, of course! Who isn't? ;)