List of Players With Careers Currently in Shambles

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Monfils may be moving up the shambles rankings....just pulled out of Monte Carlo with an injure ankle.

Are you sure? His name is still in the draw.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Monfils may be moving up the shambles rankings....just pulled out of Monte Carlo with an injure ankle.

That is what Tennis Channel reported today during the first Houston semi.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
^ Poor guy is made of glass.

Querry defaults from Houston semi...back. Another glass man.

Pun intended :D The guy sat on a glass table a year or so ago remember and was out of action for months. Clever boy he is.

Yes, clever indeed! He is a bit of a klutz.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
^ Poor guy is made of glass.

Querry defaults from Houston semi...back. Another glass man.

Pun intended :D The guy sat on a glass table a year or so ago remember and was out of action for months. Clever boy he is.

Well, strange things happen. Once Tsonga got up in the morning took a walk and
ran into fyre hydrant on the side of the street and missed some major tournaments.
I believe he missed FO because of that. Man can't look carefully and walk.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
More shamblers...

Jerzey Boy, Simon, Youhzny,Popsicle, and former FG Semi Finalist Melzer.

Disastrous seasons so far.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:

Monfils is in the tournament, he defeated KA 6-4 7-6:clap

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:

Very strange. During the houston final they said he pulled out. Thanks for the correct info.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
More shamblers...

Melzer will be 33 next month and already missed the AO because of a recurring shoulder injury and the match he just lost was the first match in months and he didn't lose badly. He's a good player but age and injuries are catching up on him as with Haas.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:

Very strange. During the houston final they said he pulled out. Thanks for the correct info.

no worries.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
More shamblers...

Melzer will be 33 next month and already missed the AO because of a recurring shoulder injury and the match he just lost was the first match in months and he didn't lose badly. He's a good player but age and injuries are catching up on him as with Haas.

I always enjoyed watching Melzer. Tough competitor. Odds are he is going to concentrate on dubs.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Throw in Dodig? He used to be good for at least 2 solid wins a week.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
More shamblers...

I always enjoyed watching Melzer. Tough competitor. Odds are he is going to concentrate on dubs.

Yeah, hope he stays around longer in whatever capacity even if just doubles. Hopefully the shoulder is ok for singles for a bit longer too.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:

I watched Monfils play an amazing match in DC a couple of weeks ago. Plus, when he played Rafa in the final in Doha, he was very focused and serious. If he can stay healthy, (big IF, I know,) he looks to be trying to make something of the later half of his career.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone know what is going on with Soderling? Is he officially retired?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:

Not officially retired, but he has begun doing some commentating for Swedish TV. We did a recent thread on him. I don't think anyone believes he's coming back, sadly. He's nearly 30, he has a daughter, and it would likely take him a full two years just to get back to where he was, if he even could.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:

I watched Monfils play an amazing match in DC a couple of weeks ago. Plus, when he played Rafa in the final in Doha, he was very focused and serious. If he can stay healthy, (big IF, I know,) he looks to be trying to make something of the later half of his career.

Monfils is a sick athlete. He played superbly today.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:

Not officially retired, but he has begun doing some commentating for Swedish TV. We did a recent thread on him. I don't think anyone believes he's coming back, sadly. He's nearly 30, he has a daughter, and it would likely take him a full two years just to get back to where he was, if he even could.

He is delusional. When I spoke to Magnus Norman at IW he said even the Swedish players and coaches had no idea what his status is. Sadly I think he will never play another ATP match. I would love to see it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:

He is delusional. When I spoke to Magnus Norman at IW he said even the Swedish players and coaches had no idea what his status is. Sadly I think he will never play another ATP match. I would love to see it.

Interesting intel…or at least it confirms what everyone knows/doesn't know. He's refused to say much of anything about his status for nearly 3 years. If the Swedes don't even know, who does? He may be harboring dreams of a comeback, but, as you say, that begins to be totally unrealistic, even with a Tommy Haas, or Tommy Robredo as inspirations. There is nary a whiff that he's even practicing, or working with a coach or fitness trainer.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Soderling's a tournament director for Bastaad and Stockholm now too which just makes it even less likely :( The one thing at least is he's had 3 years less mileage than the others so it's not 100% out of the question to come back if he's able to get his fitness back but it's pretty unlikely he'll come back which makes me sad.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:

Interesting intel…or at least it confirms what everyone knows/doesn't know. He's refused to say much of anything about his status for nearly 3 years. If the Swedes don't even know, who does? He may be harboring dreams of a comeback, but, as you say, that begins to be totally unrealistic, even with a Tommy Haas, or Tommy Robredo as inspirations. There is nary a whiff that he's even practicing, or working with a coach or fitness trainer.
You nailed it.

Those other guys like haas and Robredo were still able train somewhat.

A virus that saps every ounce of energy like this is the kiss of death. Mario Ancic never recovered from Mono. The intensity that is required day in day out on the ATP is unparalleled.