List of Players With Careers Currently in Shambles

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Luxilon Borg said:
that is a sad mentality. but oh well..

I may have to bump him from the list and add J W S.

It would be sad if he weren't past his prime, over the hill, and had a laundry list of injuries. He's been in the top 5, tried his best, and was a factor in slams. He's done well. There's not much wrong with just enjoying things without putting too much pressure on yourself, both mental and physical.

While I don't disagree with you, others with horrific injuries have come back to make a go of it, some even older than Davy...

Robredo, Karlovic, Haas..and some even guys like Stepanak and Benneteau are looking to win every match they play.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Luxilon Borg said:

It would be sad if he weren't past his prime, over the hill, and had a laundry list of injuries. He's been in the top 5, tried his best, and was a factor in slams. He's done well. There's not much wrong with just enjoying things without putting too much pressure on yourself, both mental and physical.

I remember him winning the WTF in truly spectacular fashion. That was actually his last feat, I think he must have considered his career complete after that win.

True enough, as he fell off a cliff not far after...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:

At least Jo got through today. I was wondering at Baghdatis not making the list…or has he become too irrelevant to say so? No more so than Davydenko, I'd reckon. Maybe because he's fallen out of the top 100?

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:

At least Jo got through today. I was wondering at Baghdatis not making the list…or has he become too irrelevant to say so? No more so than Davydenko, I'd reckon. Maybe because he's fallen out of the top 100?

Actually Mox, after I made the list I wish I had included Bags. He fits the profile perfectly. Slam finalist and semi finalist, former top 15, and is just drifting, lucky to lick up one win every couple of weeks.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:

Actually Mox, after I made the list I wish I had included Bags. He fits the profile perfectly. Slam finalist and semi finalist, former top 15, and is just drifting, lucky to lick up one win every couple of weeks.

Sad, but true. We can consider him added to the list, then.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Luxilon Borg said:

I remember him winning the WTF in truly spectacular fashion. That was actually his last feat, I think he must have considered his career complete after that win.

Yes, he had a terrific late 2009/early 2010, but then got injured an was never the same since.

R

Rose

So let them play if they want to because there are players still playing Challengers that are over 30 years old. They can't think they are even going to have a career that a lot of the players on the list have had!

R

Rose

Kiu said:
I say Tsonga just joined this club!
I couldn't find this thread I don't know why so I posted in the Tournament thread about how JWS donated a Match to Murray who was having hip problems. So yes I would say Tsonga did indeed join the club!

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Rose said:
Kiu said:
I say Tsonga just joined this club!
I couldn't find this thread I don't know why so I posted in the Tournament thread about how JWS donated a Match to Murray who was having hip problems. So yes I would say Tsonga did indeed join the club!

at least he has a better haircut now...:puzzled

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Damn straight. That bowl cut he had before that was ridiculous.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Not when he can make a good living from it and there's always a chance he'll beat a few top players on a bad day for them and a good day for him. He either said he didn't want to train hard to compete at the highest level anymore, or that it didn't require as much training to stay top 50. It was one or the other he was quoted as saying, can't recall which. Maybe check tennis.com old news.

Didn't he make enough money during that match-fixing scandal?

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:
Not when he can make a good living from it and there's always a chance he'll beat a few top players on a bad day for them and a good day for him. He either said he didn't want to train hard to compete at the highest level anymore, or that it didn't require as much training to stay top 50. It was one or the other he was quoted as saying, can't recall which. Maybe check tennis.com old news.

Didn't he make enough money during that match-fixing scandal?

You are kidding, right?:s

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
I don't write Jo off yet. Just less than one year ago he was playing amazing tennis. If he does nothing special withing the next year, then I'm starting to think he's done. Yet I think he really couldn't afford playing all-season long this badly, his ranking will drop and making the top 10 will get harder.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy Haas is out of MC also with shoulder injury.

At the start of the year he declared that he wants to make it to WTF. But, he has
already missed Miami and is missing MC also.

There is no way he will make it to WTF.

It is a shame that we cannot talk of Tommy without talking about some injury or
other. He surely, will be one of the best players not to make it to WTF ever (not to
mention anythig about winning GS).

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Tommy Haas is out of MC also with shoulder injury.

At the start of the year he declared that he wants to make it to WTF. But, he has
already missed Miami and is missing MC also.

There is no way he will make it to WTF.

It is a shame that we cannot talk of Tommy without talking about some injury or
other. He surely, will be one of the best players not to make it to WTF ever (not to
mention anythig about winning GS).

Agree GSM. It is a big mystery to me how such a physical specimen could spend half his career injured.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Monfils may be moving up the shambles rankings....just pulled out of Monte Carlo with an injure ankle.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
^ Poor guy is made of glass.

Querry defaults from Houston semi...back. Another glass man.

Pun intended :D The guy sat on a glass table a year or so ago remember and was out of action for months. Clever boy he is.