11. Caroline Wozniacki
12. Anastasija Sevastova
13. Madison Keys
14. Anett Kontaveit
15. Qiang Wang
16. Julia Goerges

Foro-Italico-Tennis-Twitter-Internazionali-BNL-dItalia-800x537-800x537.jpg

The Tournament:

The Internazionali BNL d'Italia is widely considered the second most prestigious clay event after Roland Garros and the Premier tournament's roll of champions includes all time greats such as Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Martina Hingis, Kim Clijsters, Venus Williams and Serena Williams. Foro Italico in northern Rome, in 1935, where it has stayed for all but three years since. The tennis complex has 11 courts, including the 10,400-seater Centre Court.

About Rome:

Rome is the Eternal City. Full of dead rocks, but also incredibly modern and vibrant. Its new contemporary art museum speaks of its desire to embrace the 21st C. But you have to take in all the centuries when visiting Rome. It is ancient, it is Renaissance, it's Baroque, and it is very mid-20th C., and moving into the 21st. A seasoned traveler might stay in Trastevere, or in the area of Piazza di Spagna for the up-market shopping. Via Condotti is the Rodeo Drive of Italy. Rome is a very layered, complicated, and romantic city. You should let it wash over you. It won't bite your hand off.

Tourism Video:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Am I looking at that right. Serena vs Venus in R2 if they both get there?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It appears that Kerber is not playing Rome as well,though I have not read any official withdrawl

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you need a channel to watch sport on I just came across this link - should be something for everyone ;)

http://www.freeintertv.com/Main/

GOTO ONLINE tv --> MIDDLE - SEARCH like sport + eventually country
If a channel is mentioned more times it's because it shows different programs - well happy hunting

Last edited:
Reactions: 10isfan and tented

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shows how far Garbine is going back. Not even seeded.
So far nowhere this season. She is going in the worse direction than the last one. Motivational issues?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If you need a channel to watch sport on I just came across this link - should be something for everyone ;)

http://www.freeintertv.com/Main/

GOTO ONLINE tv --> MIDDLE - SEARCH like sport + eventually country
If a channel is mentioned more times it's because it shows different programs - well happy hunting

The Russian website that you previously recommended worked great for a while and now seems defunct.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Venus is out there at this moment trying to win and lose her match against Mertens! She was gifted the 1st set, then up 2 brks in the 3rd, allowed her opp. to save 8 MP's and worked it into a TB! After 3 hrs it's 3 all in the TB! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :help: :eek: :ptennis:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well it looked better today but my oh my - Wozniacki had to retire but after a whole set this time. You can say she played better today but this time I'm a bit pessimistic and I think Caroline should stop her carreer before it really hurts - but it's only a fans opinion :unsure:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Just turned on the TV and heard someone on the Tennis Channel say Serena has withdrawn from Rome.

EDIT: “Serena Williams withdraws due to knee injury”

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just turned on the TV and heard someone on the Tennis Channel say Serena has withdrawn from Rome.

EDIT: “Serena Williams withdraws due to knee injury”

Just heard the same news.....I really think Serena has to seriously think about her ongoing tennis career.I know she wants to equal Margaret Court's record or pass it,this year so far health wise has not been a good one.I also think this injury puts Roland Garos in doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie