Indian Wells 2015

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Denisovich said:
tented said:
Denisovich said:
Does anyone know of anyone else who has pulled this off?

Did Dolgopolov face match points last year?

Front's wrong: Nadal did not have a MP against Berrer. And, no, he did not have a MP against Dolgopolov, either.

That truly would be a crazy statistic, if this is the first time it has happened.

Don't know of a match where Djokovic had match points, but lost.

2009 Madrid semifinal comes to mind ...

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Denisovich said:
tented said:
Front's wrong: Nadal did not have a MP against Berrer. And, no, he did not have a MP against Dolgopolov, either.

That truly would be a crazy statistic, if this is the first time it has happened.

Don't know of a match where Djokovic had match points, but lost.

2009 Madrid semifinal comes to mind ...

Confirmed. On one of them Novak was serving too.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Speaking of which, where is Kieran?

I'm actually kind of worried about the guy - he hasn't posted in months, I think. Does anyone have his personal email and can contact him?

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
El Dude said:
Denisovich said:

I'm actually kind of worried about the guy - he hasn't posted in months, I think. Does anyone have his personal email and can contact him?

Using the search tool on the forum you can see his last post is from Feb 11th. Before we get really worried let´s make a simples test:

If Federer had changed racquests before he would have won at least three RG finals.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
El Dude said:
Denisovich said:

He's taking a break from all Internet forums during lent, and thanks you for your concern.

(Yes, he gave me permission to post this.)

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
El Dude said:
Denisovich said:

He's taking a break from all Internet forums during lent, and thanks you for your concern.

Ah, yes Kieran is all about penance. Good to hear he will be back then at some point. :)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
I'm really hoping for a Federer - Djokovic final. This would be the perfect surface to sniff out whether the old man still has the goods to trouble Novak this season when it will matter.

Totally disagree. If they meet again at Wimbledon and/or USO a match like this wouldn't mean much. Roger can trouble Nole in his sleep on a fast surface, and he still wins a fair share. At AO and RG I don't see Roger giving Nole too much of a problem at this point.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
He's taking a break from all Internet forums during Rafa's recovery and return to greatness, and thanks you for your concern.

OK, thanks - as I thought.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm still just so so thankful that Raonic spared us another Fed-Rafa. Fed folds up like a cheap tent when he plays Rafa.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Denisovich said:
I'm really hoping for a Federer - Djokovic final. This would be the perfect surface to sniff out whether the old man still has the goods to trouble Novak this season when it will matter.

Totally disagree. If they meet again at Wimbledon and/or USO a match like this wouldn't have mean much. Roger can trouble Nole in his sleep on a fast surface, and he still wins a fair share. At AO and RG I don't see Roger giving Nole too much of a problem at this point.

Point is: if he can trouble him here, he will most definitely trouble him elsewhere on faster surfaces.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:
As for Miami, I think Nadal will do well on that tournament because his tennis form is getting better

I agree; he will lose in Sf in Miami.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
Carol35 said:
I can imagine how relieved the Roger fans are now....lol :snicker :p

A tad relieved out of old habit, but more disappointed because I think Roger would have beaten Rafa.

Carol35 said:
I feel that way reading the Federer's fans comments zzzzzzz :cover

You're bordering on auto-pilot level of rabid Rafa fanboyism (or fangirlism).

What I find irritating is the automatic assumption by "some" Rafa fans that Rafa "should have" won, that something must be wrong with the universe in some way. I mean, no way Rafa could have simply been outplayed because that's never happened. :nono

Well, reading your comments you're bordering on any rabid Federer fanboysm (or fangirlism) I just think that Rafa is not on his best level, that's all but he is close even that boder you lol

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
DarthFed said:
Denisovich said:

Totally disagree. If they meet again at Wimbledon and/or USO a match like this wouldn't have mean much. Roger can trouble Nole in his sleep on a fast surface, and he still wins a fair share. At AO and RG I don't see Roger giving Nole too much of a problem at this point.

Point is: if he can trouble him here, he will most definitely trouble him elsewhere on faster surfaces.

He will regardless, the last couple matches on fast courts have been straight set wins for Roger. The 3 of 5 format definitely helps Nole but there's no reason to expect Nole to win easily. Roger plays anywhere near decent it probably takes 5 at Wimbledon or USO.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Denisovich said:
DarthFed said:

He will regardless, the last couple matches on fast courts have been straight set wins for Roger. The 3 of 5 format definitely helps Nole but there's no reason to expect Nole to win easily. Roger plays anywhere near decent it probably takes 5 at Wimbledon or USO.

Probably. But an easy win is good for RG and the other HC events excluding Cincy.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Carol35 said:
All the time Nadal loses, this is how I feel after spending some time on a tennis forum:

giphy.gif

:snicker Feel that way after reading one of your posts!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
DarthFed said:
Denisovich said:

Probably. But an easy win is good for RG and the other HC events excluding Cincy.

True. I think Nole would beat Roger at RG regardless but if Roger has a decent winning streak against him it could be interesting.

Anyways for Roger I'm more concerned for Wimbledon and USO, time for him to win at least 1 of them this year.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So we agree there that it would benefit both of them if they meet to see where they stand.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves though and see how the semis pan out first.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Carol35 said:
Carol35 said:
All the time Nadal loses, this is how I feel after spending some time on a tennis forum:

giphy.gif

:snicker Feel that way after reading one of your posts!

Then don't read them anymore, who cares :D

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The IW doubles finals is on currently. It is between Wimby Champions (Sock and Pops)
and AO Champions (Fog and Bols).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
El Dude said:
Carol35 said:
I can imagine how relieved the Roger fans are now....lol :snicker :p

A tad relieved out of old habit, but more disappointed because I think Roger would have beaten Rafa.

Carol35 said:

You're bordering on auto-pilot level of rabid Rafa fanboyism (or fangirlism).

What I find irritating is the automatic assumption by "some" Rafa fans that Rafa "should have" won, that something must be wrong with the universe in some way. I mean, no way Rafa could have simply been outplayed because that's never happened. :nonoh
AP update on the poster named Kieran, He aight!