2015 Masters Series Final Indian Wells: #1 Djokovic v. #2 Federer

Who wins this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed would really want to win this especially considering he is not playing in Miami. He is serving good and moving good. However, I have not seen a single match of Novak at IW this time and so
I can't really compare. I will take Fed in 3 anyway.

Even though these are medium slow hard courts, given that the timing of the match is
at 1 p.m. or so local time, I expect the conditions to favor Roger.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Both seem to be looking relaxed and full of confidence, so it's a bit hard to see this ending in straights either way. The edge has to go to Novak, so I picked him to win in 3. Should be a good match.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not a confident pick but Federer in three. I just think he is moving well.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Last year Fed won Dubai and Novak won here. I expect that it will be the same split this year.

Roger will serve with a lot more variety than Isner did. Novak is seeing the ball well and his return has been excellent. He won't be as confident with Roger as he was with Andy, but I look to see him make his statement here.

Picking Novak in two.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
These conditions suits Nole for sure but Roger still will want this , no? He has to serve great and play his attacking game. I know, some folks hate him rushing the net all the time against a guy like Nole, on a surface like this, but he simply has to play like that to have any chance. Even though he looked pretty solid from the baseline this week, Nole is a different proposition.

Nole in 3 or Roger in 2.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Federer will always have a shot if he´s serving well, but Djokovic is just too solid on this surface. Voted for Djokovic in three, but something like 7x5 6x4 comes to mind.

Anyway, rooting for the Berdych´s match second set version of Federer to appear and win in two. This would shuffle things up for the year, otherwise is one way traffic for Djokovic.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger played very well most of the match this time last year but he played pretty damn badly in the 3rd set TB. Getting the match to a 3rd set TB though in itself means it could well be closer than many are predicting. The surface is definitely better for Novak but matches between these two are very much 50/50 the last few years in best of 3. Honestly I've no idea who'll win but these 2 bring out the best in each other and this is one of the best match ups on tour so it hopefully will be a good one.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Front242 said:
Roger played very well most of the match this time last year but he played pretty damn badly in the 3rd set TB. Getting the match to a 3rd set TB though in itself means it could well be closer than many are predicting. The surface is definitely better for Novak but matches between these two are very much 50/50 the last few years in best of 3. Honestly I've no idea who'll win but these 2 bring out the best in each other and this is one of the best match ups on tour so it hopefully will be a good one.

Forgot how close last year´s final was. You´re spot on, even if I still give a little edge for Djokovic.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:

Last year, Novak had just brought on a new coach, lost Oz and gotten beaten in Dubai. I think he will be in a better frame of mind going into the final this year. :)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the second longest running show in the Broadway of ATP-Open Era. Nole is involved
in the (first) longest running show as well.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's too bad that the Live Chat is over. This would have been a fun one.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:

What happened to Lice Chat? Actually, I never enjoyed the live chat feature personally.
I like the regular threads much better even during matches (primarily because I had lot
of technical difficulties with the live chat. It will always take me to the beginning of
all the comments after every new comment and I had to scroll all the way down
just to find what is new that is being said).

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Yup, same happened to me with live chat.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Voted Djoker in 3. Fed main goal is Wimbledon, i dont belive he intend to be peaking for long early in season.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak in three. Federer seems to be in a bit of a renaissance as of late so I am giving him a set. Would not be surprised if Fed takes this though, Novak needs to be sharp and ready.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:

What happened to Lice Chat? Actually, I never enjoyed the live chat feature personally.
I like the regular threads much better even during matches (primarily because I had lot
of technical difficulties with the live chat. It will always take me to the beginning of
all the comments after every new comment and I had to scroll all the way down
just to find what is new that is being said).

I like it in principle, but I too had the same issues with it.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
Alright, some of you might be thinking, which idiot voted for Fed in 2 :D , but believe it or not, I have a reason for it. In their last few meetings we all know what happened, and I remember Bercy 2013, when these guys met in the semi, Fed took him to 3 sets, which is a fairly slow court, oh and as Front mentioned, it was very close in the final of IW last year. In my opinion Fed simply won't let him play aggressively and at some point will break Novak once in each set.

Don't forget that the last time they were supposed to play on a slower hard court Fed chickened out.