Indian Wells 2015

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is so true :huh:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/03/10/Indian-Wells-Tuesday-Draw-Analysis.aspx

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Borna Coric, James Ward, Filip Krajnovic, Duckworth all won their 1st match in qualifying tourney.
If they win today again, they would make it to MD.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
auto-pilot said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
auto-pilot said:
^ That's funny considering just about everyone on every forum that I visited expressed doubt that Nadal would reach the QF (they doubted EVERY match he played).
Even Nadal's fans were in doubt.
So I wouldn't say such immediate impact is common (in best-of-5-sets), especially on Nadal's worst surface (or worst outdoor surface).

You're aware of who Nadal had to beat to get to the QF, right? Nobody he shouldn't be able to beat in his sleep. He's not a 14 time GS champion for nothing. I'm sorry but am I supposed to be impressed?

2012 AO: Nadal def. Berydch 6-7(5), 7-6(6), 6-4, 6-3
And that was a match-hardened Nadal after making nearly every final for the last 12 months.

This is literally the most irrelevant reply to a (rhetorical) question I've seen here. It has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Backhand_DTL

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I too think both Rafa and Roger have fairly easy draw to reach QF. I also think that both
will have a tough fight in the QF. I would not be surprised if one or both do not make it to SF.
Rog has to face Bird/Man and Rafa has to face Baby/Raonic.

It is poetic justice that Andy and Kei drew each other for QF as they can decide who
gets #4 seed for Miami by direct fight, assuming both reach the QF.
As Federer intends to skip Miami probably both will get a top 4 seeding there. But considering that, it might get interesting between Nadal, Murray and Nishikori who will be the #2 seed.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
auto-pilot said:
Actually Nadal was in sharp form in 2015 Argentina (sharper than 2013 South American events when he lost to #73).
Yes he lost to Foginini at 2015 Rio, but he looked more error-prone at 2014 Rio when Andujar had matchpoints, whereas the 2015 Fognini match had a high quality 3rd set.
Nadal looks ready to me.
If you are this positive about his chances, I think you should bet on him. There is a nice potential return possible for you, as his odds are 10 to 1.

By the way, according to the last odds:

1. Djokovic 1.3
2. Federer 4
3. Murray 8
4. Nadal 10
5. Nishikori 18

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
auto-pilot said:
Front242 said:
auto-pilot said:
^ That's funny considering just about everyone on every forum that I visited expressed doubt that Nadal would reach the QF (they doubted EVERY match he played).
Even Nadal's fans were in doubt.
So I wouldn't say such immediate impact is common (in best-of-5-sets), especially on Nadal's worst surface (or worst outdoor surface).

As I said, the top guys should expect to reach slam quarters in their sleep and it was hardly expected that Nadal would lose to his whipping boy Berdych so most were expecting him to in fact reach at least the semis.

Nadal was expected to reach at least the semis at his worst slam event with no preparatiion?
Where are the people that think that?
I was reading every major tennis forum during the AO and Nadal was doubted to the full extent by majority of people.
And at one stage he was 13-1 to win the AO.

Me. I expected him to reach at least the semis and after seeing the draw you should have too. Losing to Berdych was most unexpected.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
To All:

This thread is about Indian Wells. Do not hijack it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Coric is the kid that wiped out Murray in Dubai, right?

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Coric is the kid that wiped out Murray in Dubai, right?

yes,,and he wiped out rafa in the swiss indoors last otcober. :cool:

and now he will make his masters series main draw debut..:)

..................................:approved:...............................................

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The doubles draw is now out. Here are some notable singles players playing in it. Nine players out of top 12 (the only exceptions are Novak, Bird and Kei) are playing in doubles. But, Johnny Mac says Brian Brothers
achievements are meaningless as top singles players do not play doubles these days.

1. Rafa and PCB
2. Andy and Kokka
3. Federer and Lammer
4. Cilic and JMDP (yes, JMDP is testing waters)
5. Raonic and Quereshi
6. Stan and Kubot
7. Grigor and Fish
8. Ferrer and Verdasco
9. Deliciano and Groth

Regarding American pairs, the nice combo of Popsicle and Sock (Wimby winners) are back in action. The bad combo of Isner and Querry are also back in action.

The usual combo of Bryan Brothers, Fognini and Bolleli (AO winners), Roger-Vaseelin and
Benneteau (FO winners) and the new pair of Nestor and Boppanna as well as Paes and Klasen
are in action too.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Last summer Coric was training in Mallorca with Nadal, as you can see he couldn't have had better teacher/coach/partner ;)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Young kid (baby Dimitrov lol) dukes it out Roger. Wins! :cool:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hU2jPw0mjaE

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
List of qualifiers:
Novikov, J. Melzer, Coric, M. Zverev, De Bakker, Roger-Vasselin, Duckworth, Dancevic, Berrer, Krajinovic, Bolt, Hanescu, Gimeno-Traver (LL).

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Carol35 said:
This is so true :huh:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/03/10/Indian-Wells-Tuesday-Draw-Analysis.aspx

Fish? Where'd they dig him up from! Hasn't played on the tour since 2013; how does he rate a wild card? Let me go check, maybe he won a qualifying match! :puzzled :nono :cover :popcorn - Update: Wiki has him marked with a "Protected Rankins!" What's that all about?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Tignor has just jinxed Djokovic (and Rafa to a minor extent)

So, I think Fed will win this one.

Fine; take the small change! Just leave the majors alone! :angel: :dodgy: This is the era of Nole and I'm looking forward to him taking at least 2 of them! :popcorn :angel: :dodgy:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Well, maybe, just maybe, winning a slam is simply hard in itself, after all.